L'Oreal Paris Infallible 8HR Pro Gloss

Filtered by skin type : Acne-prone

3.7

Trimethylsiloxyphenyl Dimethicone, Octyldodecanol, Acrylic Acid / Isobutyl Acrylate / Isobornyl Acrylate Copolymer, Isododecane, Squalane, Polybutene Silica Dimethyl Silylate, Octyldodecyl Neopentanoate, Silica, Caprylic / Capric Glycerides, Caprylyl Glycol, Calcium Aluminum Borosilicate, Alumina, Tocopheryl Acetate, Pentaerythrityl Tetraisostearate, Synthetic Fluorphlogopite, Calcium Sodium Borosilicate, Hydroxypalmitoyl Sphinganine Polyethylene Terephthalate, Acrylates Copolymer, Tin Oxide, Benzyl Alcohol, Sodium Chondroitin Sulfate, Atelocollagen, Parfum / Fragrance. May Contain: Mica, CI 77891 / Titanium Dioxide, CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499 / Iron Oxides, CI 45410 / Red 28 Lake, CI 15850 / Red 7, CI 15985 / Yellow 6 Lake, CI 45380 / Red 22 Lake, CI 77163 / Bismuth Oxychloride, CI 75470 / Carmine, CI 19140 / Yellow 5 Lake, CI 42090 / Blue 1 Lake.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

I don't know why I have never reviewed these, since I own like....10 or more of them. These are really excellent lipglosses. They have the best staying power combined with the nicest consistency you can find. Look, they are called infallible for a reason-they are meant to stay on. For the people complaining that they are too sticky....they are really not! They are stickier than lipbalms, sure. But, don't be afraid to try these because you are reading that they are sticky....it's not like your lips get glued together. Honestly, they feel quite smooth to me, and they stay on your lips for HOURS, very impressive. Not only does the color stay, but the sheen and moisture lasts, as well. Plus, most of them have a large, metallic cap which doubles as a mirror if you need help putting them on! The felt brushes are also very soft and there are a large variety of colors + plumping varieties. Just try them, they are awesome.

I'm not sure which color I have because it has rubbed off but I believe it is the watermelon crush. This is one of my favorite lip glosses and I am not a lip gloss fan at all because i hate my hair blowing and sticking to it, whatever.

I really wish I can give you guys the name of the color I bought because when I put it on bare lips it gives it a bit of a pink shade but with lipstick it just makes it glossy. I've had this for about 4 months now and although I don't use it on a daily basis, it's worth the 8 dollars.

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

I loved L'Oreal's Infallible 6 Hr Lip Gloss, so I had to try the new 8 hour version. I have "Sunset" in both 6 hr and 8 hr and the colors are different- the new Sunset is a medium coral-pink with gold shimmer. (The old Sunset is darker and more mauve-pink with gold glitter.)

The formula is still very thick (in a good way) and a bit sticky. I just apply lip balm first so that the formula thins out a bit and it's not sticky any more. The wand is one of my favorite things about these lip glosses because it's a triangular fuzzy applicator that gives me more precision than a messy brush. The cap also doubles as a mirror.

The $11 price is pretty high for a drugstore lip gloss but it's totally worth it to me because they're my favorite glosses (plus, they always go on sale). I love that these formulas are long lasting and they have great color payoff for lip glosses- the new Sunset is the perfect coral-pink for my NC40-45 skin tone. I'll be wearing this all spring/summer and I will definitely repurchase!

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I quite love this lip gloss. I love the applicater as it does plump up my lips but i disagree with the lasting power. This certainly does not last 8 hours i had to reapply every 3 hours or so but it looks gorgeous on the lips. I have it in several colors since i like it so much and will definitely repurchase.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I like the color. hate the smell. it smells terrible and yucky like chemicals

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Coarse

I just started using these lipglosses and I have to say that I like them. I have three(Sangria, Rebel Red and Raisin Glaze) and all three flatter my skin and have enough color for my pigmented lips. At first I didn't like the slightly tacky feeling after the color settled, but now it doesn't bother me. The shine is noticeable, yet not blinding and the scent is tolerable. I also like the applicator, even though it's a new shape for me. Oh and I think the shimmer makes them more appealing for evening, yet still natural enough for day. I would definitely recommend these to anyone who wants quality lipglosses for less money.
Oh and they also have these in a formula that plumps lips, but I don't use those because my lips are big.

This is one of the more expensive drugstore glosses at about $8.99. I bought the Truffle color, which turned out to be a lovely berry-brown color on my lips.

The applicator is one of the best I've used: an easy-to-use triangular shape. I hope that catches on with other manufacturers.

Alas, the color and applicator were about all I like about the product. The first thing I noticed after opening the bottle was the scent. It's a strong medicinal smell, maybe mint or eucalyptus in there? I don't care for it at all, and it really lingers.

The color goes on beautifully, but with much less shine than I'd expected for something that's billed as lip "gloss." In fact, after about an hour, there is no shine left. The color is still there, but an gloss effect only lasts a few minutes. I have used plain lipstick that is less matte than this.

The texture on my lips is very unpleasant: sticky and tacky and waxy.

It's a shame, because the color is gorgeous: a rich brownish tone that's very flattering. I won't be buying the product again, though.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

I really like this lipgloss, the wand is really nice. This is probablly one of the more expensive drugstore lipglosses i paid $8.99. The pagaging is nice, but the wand is larger than the opening of the "container" so you have to wiggle the wand a bit to get it to come out of the container. The product is very dry once it has been on your lips for about a minute or so, but it does stay in place for about an hour.

Overall a fairly good lipgloss, but I have found better.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I bought this gloss in Plumped Plum and I really love the color.

Pros: Long lasting. It has a sticky finish at first, but then dries. As it fades it leaves you with a touch of color, much like a lip stain would. The dried finish has a slight sheen to it. I love the smell and feel, it would be comparable to Carmex scent and tingle. The consistency is thick and smooth.

Cons: It does have a sticky texture to it. I'm not a big fan of the applicator - but I find that if I apply the color to my finger, then dab it on my lips, it looks really good, not too "done-up". Slightly drying to my lips.

I love the convenience of this product - it is long lasting and leaves a touch of color behind after you have worn it off. Overall, I think it is a great product and will be repurchasing in different colors.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

So far I am in love with this "gloss". I don't really think of it as a gloss though and if I were reviewing it as one it would have gotten a very different rating. This is more of a liquid lipstick than a gloss. Glosses should be shiny and wet looking. This is shimmery and has a subtle sheen to it. If you completely disregard the notion that this is a gloss and should feel like one, then this is a very nice product. It is longer wearing than most products like it (i.e. liquid lipsticks, not glosses). However the notion that anything other than a long-wearing lipstick is going to last more than a 2-3 hours is just silly (at least if you plan on eating, drinking, breathing, etc.). As for the wand I myself love it. For a pigmented gloss (which this color is) it allows you really precise control over where the gloss goes and how much you put on.