L'Oreal Infallible 8HR Pro Gloss

Filtered by skin type : Combination

3.5

Trimethylsiloxyphenyl Dimethicone, Octyldodecanol, Acrylic Acid / Isobutyl Acrylate / Isobornyl Acrylate Copolymer, Isododecane, Squalane, Polybutene Silica Dimethyl Silylate, Octyldodecyl Neopentanoate, Silica, Caprylic / Capric Glycerides, Caprylyl Glycol, Calcium Aluminum Borosilicate, Alumina, Tocopheryl Acetate, Pentaerythrityl Tetraisostearate, Synthetic Fluorphlogopite, Calcium Sodium Borosilicate, Hydroxypalmitoyl Sphinganine Polyethylene Terephthalate, Acrylates Copolymer, Tin Oxide, Benzyl Alcohol, Sodium Chondroitin Sulfate, Atelocollagen, Parfum / Fragrance. May Contain: Mica, CI 77891 / Titanium Dioxide, CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499 / Iron Oxides, CI 45410 / Red 28 Lake, CI 15850 / Red 7, CI 15985 / Yellow 6 Lake, CI 45380 / Red 22 Lake, CI 77163 / Bismuth Oxychloride, CI 75470 / Carmine, CI 19140 / Yellow 5 Lake, CI 42090 / Blue 1 Lake.

Hair: Red, Curly, Medium

I absolutely LOVE this lipgloss! I purchased the Red shade # 306 from Amazon.

To me, the texture feels slightly more comfortable than NARS gloss, sticky, but not overly so. Besides, the stickiness is what makes it last! I don't glop it on, so perhaps that makes the difference for me. I have not experienced the "glued together lip effect," mercifully. If you're thinking of purchasing this gloss for the claims of plumping, please save your money. However, if you're purchasing for the impact and longevity, by all means do so! The 8-hour wear-time is a bit of an exaggeration, unless of course, you opt not to eat or drink anything. Even with drinking a glass of wine, though, the gloss is still present. I find it comfortable, as far as lipgloss goes, and I would even go so far as to say it is moisturizing. Some glosses seem to siphon the moisture out of your lips, but not this one.

As for the red hue, this is just slightly punchier than a MLBB tone, very healthy looking and glamorous, whilst being understated. I pair it with sooty, smudgy eyeliner. "Red" is a bit of a misnomer, so don't let it frighten you. It's not opaque, but rather translucent, if that makes sense? If my lips were naturally more flushed and I applied a clear gloss over them, this is the look I would hope to achieve.

To cite an example of exactly how much I love this red gloss, I just purchased two more tubes on Amazon :-)

My husband came home drunk, giggled and then happily presented me with the 8 hr infallible le gloss in 320 Red Fatale. I was not amused as for the lip gloss it's a bright tomato red shade, and is very sticky it sticks to my hair. It also stains your teeth in unattractive red streaks. Thankfully, it did not last 8 hours and faded away after eating lunch. I would not repurchase.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse

Sigh. Loved the packaging, loved the applicator, loved the color and feel... but it bleeds like a stuck pig. Lip liner required, at least for the mid-to-dark colors in the line. The longer I wore it, the more it bled, until I basically had kool-aid mouth.

Pretty color, iffy formula. Womp womp.

I love this lipgloss- not to wear on its own but over lipstick, it makes lipstick last and look good for HOURS. The smell doesn't bother me, and the texture took some getting used to, especially having to wait as the product 'set.' I have several of these and wear them over top of similarly colored lipsticks, I especially like using them over lipstick if I have to go to long meetings and I want my lipstick to stay on and look good. I also find that I can skip liner if I want to, the lipstick/gloss combo gives such good coverage and can give a nice 'done' lip without looking cakey. I've been repurchasing these for years and would be very sad if they were ever discontinued.

Price (to me) is kind of a lot, I paid $10 for this! But let's face it, makeup is extremely overpriced. Anyway, I like this lip gloss, although I am not a huge fan of glosses. They get stuck in my hair and don't last long at all. I purchased the color "modern muave" and it is the perfect shade for me, not too light or dark. It lasts at least 2 hours which is pretty good for a gloss, even after eating and drinking. The gloss can get pretty dry and sticky though. I would purchase again.

Good color and staying power. However, it dries out my lips a bit so I can not use it all the time.

Absolute crap. I'm a fan of the "Infallible" eye shadows (which really do last IMO) but this lip gloss (I bought 125-Bloom) was a disappointment. It didn't last 8 minutes let alone the 8 hours it claims. Not only did it wear off really fast but it became sticky feeling and balled up. Yuck. Unfortunately I did not keep the receipt so I'll likely give it to my six year old as the shade is light enough for her but all in all, a waste of money. The only plus is that I thought the shade was nice but you need to apply a few coats to actually see the color..yet even after applying so much it still wears off and leaves lips sticky and gritty feeling from it balling up. Boo!!

These are quite interesting lipglosses; they have their ups and downs, but they are pretty good. The two lipglosses that I own of this line are Dazzle Me and Pretty Precious. I like both of these products; they are not my favorites by a long shot, but they are very pretty and perform well.
464 Dazzle Me is my favorite of the two. It is a beautiful, shimmery blue-based fuschia- not too blue-based, though, so that it still looks naturally pink. 462 Pretty Precious is also a beautiful gloss; it's a shimmery nude which goes on pretty sheer. In terms of color, both of these glosses are relatively sheer, but buildable. I wouldn't say that the colors build up very evenly, though. The glosses have a plumping effect on the lips because of the shimmer, which looks very flattering. However, there must be some sort of ingredient that irritates my lips, because it makes my lips feel slightly, yet uncomfortably tingly whenever I thickly layer one of these glosses on.
The texture of these glosses is really interesting; it is very thick, but buildable. It does take a while to get a good, even coat to apply since these are pretty thick. As for stickiness, these are sticky, to a degree; not enough to really bother me, but enough to feel it. On the bright side, they do not dry out on the lips and feel pretty comfortable. They also smell very nice, like tea, in a way, but with an artificial scent.
Do these things actually last 8 hours? No, unless you do not ever move your mouth after applying them. However, they do last longer than other glosses do and do not need to be reapplied as often. They do not last during eating or drinking and come off easily, but that's okay.
The applicator is pretty good; it is a pointed, teardrop-shaped, angled wand. You can't get full use out of it, unfortunately, since the stopper only leaves gloss on the very end of the applicator. The tubes are very slender and aesthetically pleasing. Interestingly, the tubes are smallish, and it doesn't look like you get a lot of product; however, the 6.3mL of product that is in there actually is more than a good majority of the glosses that I own. So, there's actually a good amount of product. The price tag is sort of hefty for drugstore; about $10 per gloss, but it's a good price for the amount of gloss. These glosses are worth a try!

Unfortunately, while loving the color (#320 Red Fatale), this is not working for me. As careful as I was in applying it and repeatedly so, it kept staining my front teeth so I looked like a vampire. ;-( Note i do not have veneers or any strange coatings on my teeth; I've also had orthodontia so my teeth are straight..no other "foundational product" on my lips either, so those aren't part of the equation.) At least for me, NOT infallible.

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I bought this gloss in Raisin, and it's an absolutely gorgeous color that doesn't change once it's on. It's natural yet saturated color and doesn't wash me out as many "natural" colors do. It doesn't last 8 hours as billed, but it does last at least three times as long as a normal gloss. Word to the wise - wipe the applicator against the top of the tube before applying or you'll get much too much product on your lips! I'd buy again simply because I love the color so much.