L'Oreal Paris Infallible 8HR Pro Gloss

Filtered by skin tone : Fair

3.4

Trimethylsiloxyphenyl Dimethicone, Octyldodecanol, Acrylic Acid / Isobutyl Acrylate / Isobornyl Acrylate Copolymer, Isododecane, Squalane, Polybutene Silica Dimethyl Silylate, Octyldodecyl Neopentanoate, Silica, Caprylic / Capric Glycerides, Caprylyl Glycol, Calcium Aluminum Borosilicate, Alumina, Tocopheryl Acetate, Pentaerythrityl Tetraisostearate, Synthetic Fluorphlogopite, Calcium Sodium Borosilicate, Hydroxypalmitoyl Sphinganine Polyethylene Terephthalate, Acrylates Copolymer, Tin Oxide, Benzyl Alcohol, Sodium Chondroitin Sulfate, Atelocollagen, Parfum / Fragrance. May Contain: Mica, CI 77891 / Titanium Dioxide, CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499 / Iron Oxides, CI 45410 / Red 28 Lake, CI 15850 / Red 7, CI 15985 / Yellow 6 Lake, CI 45380 / Red 22 Lake, CI 77163 / Bismuth Oxychloride, CI 75470 / Carmine, CI 19140 / Yellow 5 Lake, CI 42090 / Blue 1 Lake.

Hair: Red, Curly, Medium

I absolutely LOVE this lipgloss! I purchased the Red shade # 306 from Amazon.

To me, the texture feels slightly more comfortable than NARS gloss, sticky, but not overly so. Besides, the stickiness is what makes it last! I don't glop it on, so perhaps that makes the difference for me. I have not experienced the "glued together lip effect," mercifully. If you're thinking of purchasing this gloss for the claims of plumping, please save your money. However, if you're purchasing for the impact and longevity, by all means do so! The 8-hour wear-time is a bit of an exaggeration, unless of course, you opt not to eat or drink anything. Even with drinking a glass of wine, though, the gloss is still present. I find it comfortable, as far as lipgloss goes, and I would even go so far as to say it is moisturizing. Some glosses seem to siphon the moisture out of your lips, but not this one.

As for the red hue, this is just slightly punchier than a MLBB tone, very healthy looking and glamorous, whilst being understated. I pair it with sooty, smudgy eyeliner. "Red" is a bit of a misnomer, so don't let it frighten you. It's not opaque, but rather translucent, if that makes sense? If my lips were naturally more flushed and I applied a clear gloss over them, this is the look I would hope to achieve.

To cite an example of exactly how much I love this red gloss, I just purchased two more tubes on Amazon :-)

My husband came home drunk, giggled and then happily presented me with the 8 hr infallible le gloss in 320 Red Fatale. I was not amused as for the lip gloss it's a bright tomato red shade, and is very sticky it sticks to my hair. It also stains your teeth in unattractive red streaks. Thankfully, it did not last 8 hours and faded away after eating lunch. I would not repurchase.

I love this lipgloss- not to wear on its own but over lipstick, it makes lipstick last and look good for HOURS. The smell doesn't bother me, and the texture took some getting used to, especially having to wait as the product 'set.' I have several of these and wear them over top of similarly colored lipsticks, I especially like using them over lipstick if I have to go to long meetings and I want my lipstick to stay on and look good. I also find that I can skip liner if I want to, the lipstick/gloss combo gives such good coverage and can give a nice 'done' lip without looking cakey. I've been repurchasing these for years and would be very sad if they were ever discontinued.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool

Purchased in Dulce de Leche. It's a sparkly caramel color.
Lasts a decent amount of time considering it's a gloss.

The smell is god-awful. It smells medicinal. Like Vicks Vapo-rub. It also tingles a bit when on...like those stupid plumper glosses.

When it wears off, the glitter from the gloss gets all over.

It's an okay product; if it weren't for the smell I'd like it a lot more but the smell and taste? Bleccch. Pass.

Purchased at the grocery store, thought the price was good. Happiness ended there.
When I got home and opened the gloss, was very surprised there was no tamper proof shrink wrap on it. Not cool.
The amount of product that is loaded onto the applicator is too small for me, I like to lather gloss on.
I can't determine how long this gloss stays on because the first time I put it on my lips, they started to go numb, and I had to wipe it off. I thought I'd try it again a few more times on different days with the same result.
Love the package design except for the scant load of the applicator.

Unfortunately, since the gloss makes my lips numb, will toss into the trash sooner rather than later.

These are quite interesting lipglosses; they have their ups and downs, but they are pretty good. The two lipglosses that I own of this line are Dazzle Me and Pretty Precious. I like both of these products; they are not my favorites by a long shot, but they are very pretty and perform well.
464 Dazzle Me is my favorite of the two. It is a beautiful, shimmery blue-based fuschia- not too blue-based, though, so that it still looks naturally pink. 462 Pretty Precious is also a beautiful gloss; it's a shimmery nude which goes on pretty sheer. In terms of color, both of these glosses are relatively sheer, but buildable. I wouldn't say that the colors build up very evenly, though. The glosses have a plumping effect on the lips because of the shimmer, which looks very flattering. However, there must be some sort of ingredient that irritates my lips, because it makes my lips feel slightly, yet uncomfortably tingly whenever I thickly layer one of these glosses on.
The texture of these glosses is really interesting; it is very thick, but buildable. It does take a while to get a good, even coat to apply since these are pretty thick. As for stickiness, these are sticky, to a degree; not enough to really bother me, but enough to feel it. On the bright side, they do not dry out on the lips and feel pretty comfortable. They also smell very nice, like tea, in a way, but with an artificial scent.
Do these things actually last 8 hours? No, unless you do not ever move your mouth after applying them. However, they do last longer than other glosses do and do not need to be reapplied as often. They do not last during eating or drinking and come off easily, but that's okay.
The applicator is pretty good; it is a pointed, teardrop-shaped, angled wand. You can't get full use out of it, unfortunately, since the stopper only leaves gloss on the very end of the applicator. The tubes are very slender and aesthetically pleasing. Interestingly, the tubes are smallish, and it doesn't look like you get a lot of product; however, the 6.3mL of product that is in there actually is more than a good majority of the glosses that I own. So, there's actually a good amount of product. The price tag is sort of hefty for drugstore; about $10 per gloss, but it's a good price for the amount of gloss. These glosses are worth a try!

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

I don't know why I have never reviewed these, since I own like....10 or more of them. These are really excellent lipglosses. They have the best staying power combined with the nicest consistency you can find. Look, they are called infallible for a reason-they are meant to stay on. For the people complaining that they are too sticky....they are really not! They are stickier than lipbalms, sure. But, don't be afraid to try these because you are reading that they are sticky....it's not like your lips get glued together. Honestly, they feel quite smooth to me, and they stay on your lips for HOURS, very impressive. Not only does the color stay, but the sheen and moisture lasts, as well. Plus, most of them have a large, metallic cap which doubles as a mirror if you need help putting them on! The felt brushes are also very soft and there are a large variety of colors + plumping varieties. Just try them, they are awesome.

Unfortunately, while loving the color (#320 Red Fatale), this is not working for me. As careful as I was in applying it and repeatedly so, it kept staining my front teeth so I looked like a vampire. ;-( Note i do not have veneers or any strange coatings on my teeth; I've also had orthodontia so my teeth are straight..no other "foundational product" on my lips either, so those aren't part of the equation.) At least for me, NOT infallible.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

The color Pretty Precious - a nude pinkish beige - is an exact dupe for MAC's Lip Gelee in Resort Life in shade. Resort Life was part of MAC's Lily Pulizer collection and was later released in the Venomous Villains collection with a picture of Disney's Dr. Facilier on the tube.

I like the texture of L'Oreal better than MAC. L'Oreal's gloss goes on a bit thick and then dries down. It by no means last 8 hours but because it dries down it lasts longer than most glosses. I regret buying the MAC gloss when this is a cheaper dupe that I actually like better.

It has pink and silver micro glitter in it and looks beautiful on top of many different lipsticks. It also looks great on it's on since it is pigmented enough to have it's on beigy pink color.

I love these lip glosses. They are the only ones with staying power on me. They can get a little sticky and hard to remove after a few hours but it's worth it for the staying power when I want it. The colors are beautiful and I really like the heart shaped applicator. Why oh WHY does L'Oreal always discontinue my favorite lip products. My favorite lipstick the Endless Lipcolor line went bye bye a couple of years ago too and I've been looking for a suitable replacement ever since- prestige brands, drugstore brands-- nothing comes close. Now my favorite lipgloss is going away too! Very sad. The good news is that I have a stash built up for the next couple of years as I have been able to find these on clearance at Target and Ulta.

Popular Lip Glosses