L'Oreal Infallible Lip Gloss

3.5

Trimethylsiloxyphenyl dimethicone, octyldodecanol, isododecane, acrylic acid/isobutyl, acrylate/isobornyl acrylate copolymer, squalane, polybutene, silica dimethyl sililate, calcium aluminum borosilicate, silica, isopropylparaben, butylparaben, isobutylparaben, arginine pca, tocopheryl acetate, pentaeryththrityl tetraisostearate, calcium sodium borosilicate, hydroxypalmitoyl sphinganine, synthetic fluorphlogopite, polyehtylene terephthalate, polymethyl methacrylate, tin oxide, sodium chondroitin sulfate, atelocollagen, parfum.

I love this lipgloss- not to wear on its own but over lipstick, it makes lipstick last and look good for HOURS. The smell doesn't bother me, and the texture took some getting used to, especially having to wait as the product 'set.' I have several of these and wear them over top of similarly colored lipsticks, I especially like using them over lipstick if I have to go to long meetings and I want my lipstick to stay on and look good. I also find that I can skip liner if I want to, the lipstick/gloss combo gives such good coverage and can give a nice 'done' lip without looking cakey. I've been repurchasing these for years and would be very sad if they were ever discontinued.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool

Purchased in Dulce de Leche. It's a sparkly caramel color.
Lasts a decent amount of time considering it's a gloss.

The smell is god-awful. It smells medicinal. Like Vicks Vapo-rub. It also tingles a bit when on...like those stupid plumper glosses.

When it wears off, the glitter from the gloss gets all over.

It's an okay product; if it weren't for the smell I'd like it a lot more but the smell and taste? Bleccch. Pass.

To Read all 234 Reviews, Login or Join

Purchased at the grocery store, thought the price was good. Happiness ended there.
When I got home and opened the gloss, was very surprised there was no tamper proof shrink wrap on it. Not cool.
The amount of product that is loaded onto the applicator is too small for me, I like to lather gloss on.
I can't determine how long this gloss stays on because the first time I put it on my lips, they started to go numb, and I had to wipe it off. I thought I'd try it again a few more times on different days with the same result.
Love the package design except for the scant load of the applicator.

Unfortunately, since the gloss makes my lips numb, will toss into the trash sooner rather than later.

Price (to me) is kind of a lot, I paid $10 for this! But let's face it, makeup is extremely overpriced. Anyway, I like this lip gloss, although I am not a huge fan of glosses. They get stuck in my hair and don't last long at all. I purchased the color "modern muave" and it is the perfect shade for me, not too light or dark. It lasts at least 2 hours which is pretty good for a gloss, even after eating and drinking. The gloss can get pretty dry and sticky though. I would purchase again.

Best lipgloss for colour and staying power

I like this lipgloss. The main reson is that it lasts so long, not as long as it claims, but it does last long for a lipgloss. Most lipglosses don't last this long at all. I am a heavy smoker and find my lipgloss wearing off after each cigarette. Not with this one. And it still stays shiny looking after it's wearing down. They come in a nice range of colors. I don't like how little product you get on the wand, I have to keep sticking the wand in a bunch of times to coat my lips. I also don't like the flimsy applicator on the tip. Another thing is the price, almost 15-17 dollars?! Are you serious?! That's an outrageous price for a drug store brand lipgloss. Lipgloss shouldn't be more expensive than foundation!

Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

The formula of this is kind of thick and tacky and honestly a little drying after a few hours of wearing it. The reason I rated this so highly is because of the color. I have this in a limited edition nude color that they discontinued (bastards!) and it is the most beautiful color on me. I gave this such a high rating because this has so many beautiful colors in the line overall though. If you're looking for a spectacular formula, this is not really for you. But if you're looking for beautiful colors and don't mind a so-so formula go for it.

Good color and staying power. However, it dries out my lips a bit so I can not use it all the time.

Absolute crap. I'm a fan of the "Infallible" eye shadows (which really do last IMO) but this lip gloss (I bought 125-Bloom) was a disappointment. It didn't last 8 minutes let alone the 8 hours it claims. Not only did it wear off really fast but it became sticky feeling and balled up. Yuck. Unfortunately I did not keep the receipt so I'll likely give it to my six year old as the shade is light enough for her but all in all, a waste of money. The only plus is that I thought the shade was nice but you need to apply a few coats to actually see the color..yet even after applying so much it still wears off and leaves lips sticky and gritty feeling from it balling up. Boo!!

Infallible 8hr Le gloss. I bought 125 BLOOM at Ulta for $9.99.

The end of the wand is weird -- sort of a bent foam leaf. It took 4 swipes for any noticeable color to appear on my lips. Then a few more to make them look a little glossy. Within minutes it was balling up on the edges and feeling gritty.

Going back to Ulta