L'Oreal Paris Infallible 8HR Pro Gloss

Filtered by age: 56 & Over

3.5

Trimethylsiloxyphenyl Dimethicone, Octyldodecanol, Acrylic Acid / Isobutyl Acrylate / Isobornyl Acrylate Copolymer, Isododecane, Squalane, Polybutene Silica Dimethyl Silylate, Octyldodecyl Neopentanoate, Silica, Caprylic / Capric Glycerides, Caprylyl Glycol, Calcium Aluminum Borosilicate, Alumina, Tocopheryl Acetate, Pentaerythrityl Tetraisostearate, Synthetic Fluorphlogopite, Calcium Sodium Borosilicate, Hydroxypalmitoyl Sphinganine Polyethylene Terephthalate, Acrylates Copolymer, Tin Oxide, Benzyl Alcohol, Sodium Chondroitin Sulfate, Atelocollagen, Parfum / Fragrance. May Contain: Mica, CI 77891 / Titanium Dioxide, CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499 / Iron Oxides, CI 45410 / Red 28 Lake, CI 15850 / Red 7, CI 15985 / Yellow 6 Lake, CI 45380 / Red 22 Lake, CI 77163 / Bismuth Oxychloride, CI 75470 / Carmine, CI 19140 / Yellow 5 Lake, CI 42090 / Blue 1 Lake.

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I adore this lip gloss. Fiery (number 305) is the perfect color, feels nice on, not too sticky, and has nice staying power. Don't know if it lives up to the promised 8 hours, but it's still pretty good. I've had problems finding it lately, so when I do find it, I scarf it up. I always use Lancome's lip pencil in Raisinberry (I don't use a real dark line, so it blends nicely), which makes the lip gloss look better. It really is a gorgeous color and is great for spring and summer.

Hmmm...something weird is happening with this lip gloss. L'Oreal has apparently changed the color of Fiery 305 from a soft rosey pink to a coppery/brownish color. NOT the look I want. Weird...

Because I'm almost broke (like so many are, these days), every time I feel like spending money I don't have on MU I already have, I rummage through my "antiques' just to remind myself that I don't need anything new.

I came across this gloss, which I bought years ago, and decided to give it a try. The color is #305 Fiery and it's a gorgeous pinkish red (on me) with gold shimmer. I put it on and after talking, drinking and eating, it's pretty much still there. What I particularly like is that the color does not fade. I wore a dark Nars gloss the other day, but after about two hours the color had faded to a light pink. Not this one. My lips are still a pretty, subtle red, very wearable for day time. Yes, it is a bit sticky, but if it wasn't, it would not last half the time it does.

In the tube, the shimmer looks very pronounced, but when you wear it, it becomes much more subtle. I'm really happy with this gloss. And I'm not a gloss fiend (I usually prefer l/s). But this one is a beautiful color, it stays put, makes my lips look fuller and lovely, and it's cheap (at least compared to HE). What's not to like?

This could quite possibly be the worst lipgloss I have ever tried. I bought the color Bloom, a pretty light pink shade with shimmer, and when I got home I noticed that this particular L'Oreal product does not come sealed with a shrink-overwrap. So it's not even possible to know if someone has swatched it. I pulled the wand out and was very disappointed to see that slanted doe-foot applicator. It is the reason I did not like the new Lancome glosses that have that same applicator. It took me three or four 'dips' into the gloss to get enough of this Infallible to cover my lips! Within minutes it felt so uncomfortably sticky that I wanted to remove it. I left it on, though, to see if it would really last the 6 hours it promises. I could barely stand the sticky feel, as if my lips were sticking together! A quick check in the mirror showed it migrating to the corners of my lips and caking there. I dabbed with a tissue and eww, the tissue was sticking to my lips!
Needless to say, I returned the gloss to the drugstore where I had purchased it.

I bought this lipgloss due to seeing swatches, and they looked beautiful on. So I bought the Nude and Undeniably Mauve. The application is beautiful, and the texture is great, not too sticky, not to thick, and the pigment is awesome. Very nicely pigmented and pretty

However.......

wait about 20mins, and if you have a tendency to smack you lips together, well...you are left with a thick, dry, cracked mess. It stays true to color, and will bond itself to your lips. BUT, the gloss is basically gone and the remnants are this thick, plaster-like, dry pigment. It will flake and make you lips look chapped and cracking.

If you apply it and never touch it (aka don't smear your lips together, don't lick them, don't kiss anything, don't eat anything) it looks fantastic. But im human, and although the color is beautiful...I won't be buying again.

continued >>