COVERGIRL Brow and Eye Makers

3.6

Price: $

Price: $

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I was looking for an inexpensive brow pencil that wasn't your typical redhead shade, Auburn. Auburn is almost always too red and dark for my brows. Someone mentioned this pencil in Honey Brown for redheads so I picked it up at Target to try it. Yeah don't use this on your eyes, it's way too hard but for brows I think it's great. It's a bit hard and you need to kinda warm it up a bit on the back of your hand but the color is just what I was looking for. The price is great too. Saved me from having to spend $30!

Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine

I returned this the very next day. I am always trying new brow products in search of the perfect cool toned light brown. Cool toned brows seem to be impossible to match! I grabbed one blonde and another in a brown that looked to be cool toned. The blonde didn't even show up and the brown was honestly reminiscent of baby poop. Very nasty.
Both were very very hard in consistency.
Texture was very waxy.
Would not ever repurchase or recommend. Ever.

on 2/5/2017 4:00:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

I usually buy Maybelline Expert Wear pencils, and I love them -- cheap and work well. I got this one day because I'd run out, I was in Walgreens, and they were out of the Maybelline ones in my color. I figured they'd be similar since the price range is about the same and they're in the same packaging format. WRONG, these ones are waxy, unpigmented crap. I have to press so hard to get the same level of opacity and my eyebrows end up looking both overfilled and patchy at the same time. Caterpillar-y. Would not repurchase.

EDIT: After skimming some other reviews it looks like most of the people who rated this low were using the lighter colors. Maybe the dark colors are more effective, I don't know. Either way, inconsistent product.

Hair: Black, Other, Fine

This is my second time buying this brow pencil. I like how they fill my brows and glides perfectly.

on 8/22/2015 3:49:00 AM

Awful - It does NOT show up on my eyebrows. I bought Soft Blonde, and it literally didn't show up on my skin no matter how hard I pressed. Very disappointing. Even though it was cheap, I wish I had put that $ towards something that actually works. I wouldn't even bother giving it away to a friend. Pointless product. Unusable.

on 7/22/2015 11:53:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I've used this for YEARS my brows don't grow in thick like I prefer so I help them with this pencil I will say its not a eye liner your eyelid is way to delicate for this pencil but this is PERFECT for the brows take a small toothbrush to blend and lightn up a bit and you set to go and come w a sharpener every time boom can't beat it I'm a big fan midnite brown works great for the dark brown brows YAY 💗💗

on 5/31/2015 9:10:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

Ive used these for years. They're labeled as Brow and eye makers, but if you read the back directions they only suggest using it as a brow pencil. I always try higher end and always come back to these. I love them. And the sharpener is actually one of my faves. I have dozens all over the place lol

on 3/18/2015 10:27:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brown, Other, Medium

I recently bought this pencil in Soft Brown to fill in my light, sparse eyebrows. The color matches my light brown hair perfectly. It's just ashy enough without any red tones. The lead is nice and hard too. So it's easy to sharpen without breaking. For the smoothest and most natural looking application, I make sure I sharpen the pencil first. Then I apply the pencil in quick, short, light strokes in the direction the hair grows. Once I've built up the desired intensity of color, I go over the strokes with a small stiff brow brush to blend. For about $3.50 you get two pencils plus the sharpener. I've tried a lot of other, more expensive pencils, but Cover Girl's Brow and Eye Makers have honestly given me the most natural look. A Winner!

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

You get 2 pencils plus a sharpener for under $4. I picked up the Soft Blonde shade which is the perfect color for me seeing that my hair is golden blonde. I have pretty decent brows to start with but I like to just fill them in a bit and this works like a charm. My brows stay perfect for the entire day. You do need to apply a little bit of pressure with this pencil but in a way I find that a good thing because you really can't overdo it. I'm quite pleased and would recommend this.

on 1/6/2015 10:58:00 AM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

This eyeliner sucks. The worst eyeliner I have ever purchased. No-name brand, dollar store eyeliners are better than this.

NO COLOUR! I got mine in midnight black and even when applying to the back of my hand, using a lot of pressure, the most colour I got was a faded gray. IT DOES NOT SHOW UP ON YOUR EYES. Not on the lash line, and especially not on the lash line.

Even after lighting the eyeliner (an old trick my mom taught me to make the colour darker and the application smoother), the colour still did not show up.

Usually, I love Covergirl's products, but this was a major letdown. Will NOT buy again.

Popular Brows Products