Argan Oil

4.1

Argania Spinosa Oil

on 8/28/2017 3:58:00 PM

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I love it as a night mosturizer, I put it before I go to sleep and I wake up with nice plump hydrated skin.I also love it as a hair mask.Before buying make sure it's only ingredient is cold pressed argan oil and nothing else.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

I am not buy this product on future, I am waste much more money of this products, but no one any solution.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I don't put this directly on my face (so this review is not about how well it does on my face). I use this in a slightly different way than I'd say most women. I add this to my bath water and soak for about 20-30 minutes. I makes my hair very soft. Also, my skin is well moisturized. Now here comes the "different" and frankly somewhat personal use I have for argan oil. My lady parts are quite sensitive to soaps and bubble baths and such, even traditional personal lubricants. When added to my bath water, argan oil does not irritate me at all. In fact, it works as a great personal lubricant; let me explain why. Argan oil is high in vitamin E, which plumps cells and keeps then healthy and hydrated; this goes for the cells lining your lady parts as well. If you suffer from feminine dryness or even if you find yourself becoming dry too quickly during intimacy, give this a shot: add some to bath water. I realize this is a little strange but I've done my research (being an esthetician, I always do) and apparently it's a great natural remedy or lubricant for those sensitive to traditional personal lubricants. Anyhoo, hope this hasn't offended anyone and helps someone who might need this suggestion!

on 9/29/2016 11:47:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Argan oil is amazing. Nuff said. I personally use it on my hair to nourish it. I begin to use it after washing my hair when it is almost dry. Then I use 1-2 drops everyday to nourish it gradually until my next wash and the results are beautiful! And i aint even exaggerating.

on 9/14/2016 4:47:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

I use this only as a face moisturizer because it is quite pricey even for the small bottle. I do like that it easily absorbs into my skin and doesn't leave oily residues. 3/4 pump of argan oil on my fingertips is enough for my whole face and I massage it into my skin until it is absorbed. It only takes a minute before it is absorbed, which I find is really great when I'm in a hurry. I will repurchase this in a bigger bottle.

on 9/18/2016 11:08:00 PM

I have Spring Valley Organic Moroccan Argan Oil Serum, I purchased for about $12 and it's lasted me about 9 months and I mix it with my body lotion. I used it on my previously pregnant belly, and I got no stretch marks. I put this on my face. in my hair. I use it for everything and it's great bc it's not super greasy. The shine it gives my hair is great.

on 2/24/2015 6:20:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

Overall: 5
Price: 2-3 depending
Packaging: 3
Buy again: yes
-------------------------------------------------------------------
About me: Asian, late 20's, acne prone, oily. Medium sized pores, freckles.

I am a big fan of using oils for facial moisturizing but the ones by big brands (Khiel's, Josie Maran, etc) are just so pricey! I started using extra virgin olive oil (evoo) back in 2009 when my skin was super dry and it was amazing. I stopped using it in the summer and then kind of forgot about for a while until last year when I got my hands on some khiel's midnight recovery. Using oil to moisturize oily skin sounds ridiculous but I tell you, using oil on my skin has been the best decision and I really find it decreases oil product, pores and helps my makeup last longer.

The oil I'm using is by Rexall, a Canadian pharmacy brand "Be.Better". It's 100% pure Argan oil in a 50 mL amber glass dropper bottle. I decided to try Argan oil because my face was breaking out, oily and dry, and I was frankly frustrated with all the other lotions and creams that I already own and wanted to simplify my skin care routine.I didn't want to spend $60 on one product (I'm looking at you, Josie Maran), so I was pretty happy when I found this oil on sale at $11.99.

It is a light yellow colour, doesn't really have any smell, and is somewhere between jojoba oil and EVOO in terms of texture. I use 4-5 drops twice a day after cleansing, morning and night. I just apply the oil to my hands and rub them together to warm and distribute before patting or massaging th oil on my face. I do not find Argan oil to be heavy or greasy on my skin,I usually let it sit for 5 minutes before I apply any makeup though.

I don't have any problems with breakouts with this - in fact this helped heal my skin after a particularly bad breakout episode. I was left with minimal scarring or post inflammatory hyperpigmentation. I have had issues with using jojoba oil and the sephora brand face oil.

The glass dropper packaging is simple and functional. For this particular product I find that once the bottle is opened, the top never screws back on fully so it is not travel friendly at all, and a separate dropper bottle needs to be purchased.

All in all Argan oil is Argan oil, and I don't think you need to spend an arm and a leg to get a good product. I'm looking to try grapeseed oil next, either alone or blended with Argan oil to have a slightly lighter feel in the summer time.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral

I purchased a sample of Argan oil from Garden of Wisdom. I have sensitive, oily/sometimes dehydrated skin that is prone to closed comedones. In the past I've had luck with multiple oils, my favorite being Passionfruit AKA Maracuja. Unfortunately Argan turned out to be a major no-go for me. First impression was that it felt calming, but a bit too greasy as it did not sink in as well as I'd hoped even on damp skin. After using once a day for two days I spotted 3 incoming cystic spots, each on a different area of my face. I NEVER get cystic acne unless it's product related and even that's incredibly rare, so this one is destined for the trash can while I simultaneously start piling on the Persagel.

on 2/24/2015 10:04:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

So amazing for a glowing moisturized complexion...I will never use anything else. Pat on at night after cleansing

on 4/15/2015 5:17:00 AM

Hair: Other, Wavy, Coarse

I've found that this is lighter and soaks in better than coconut and jojoba oil. Applied it to my parched frizzy hair and it really helped with dryness/frizz and added a glossy look. You can overdo do it, no question. The result doesn't look quite so stringy/greasy like it does with the heavier oils, though.

edit: I've found that the best way to apply this is to rub a drop or two on my palms and then rake it through clean, wet hair. The oil gets distributed better like this.

I used Glonaturals Organic (purchased at vitacost.com, $7 for 1oz).

Popular Moisturizers