Josie Maran Cosmetics 100% Pure Argan Oil

100% Pure Argan Oil100% Pure Argan Oil

3.8

100% pure organic Argan Oil

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

This oil is very light and doesn't have a noticeable smell, and it keeps me moisturized without breaking me out. I have combo acne prone skin so I get hella zits while still being dry and flakey, and this works for me for moisturizing. I turned to oils because most moisturizers contain silicone and other fillers that clog my pores!

Tip~ don't buy this full price, wait till Xmas time where they sell this as a gift card holder for $10.

I purchased this in a gift set from QVC. I used the bottle up in a about 6 months. I found it to be very emollient and hydrating. It really made a difference in my skincare and makeup routine.

I was searching around for an argan replacement at a less expensive price point (MANY quality retailers of organic, cold pressed argan oil at a FRACTION of the price) when I was gifted with a bottle of Marula oil, which I found to not be as hydrating.

My husband just gave me a bottle of the Josie Maran argan oil for my birthday, so he missed the memo about the price (I didn't have the heart to tell him, poor guy! Just was sweet he knew I liked the other oil better and bought it for me!)

I do love the oil. Whether or not the less expensive oils work as well remain to be seen.

I was gifted a bottle of Josie Maran's 100% Argan oil and was excited to try it because of the rave reviews. Unfortunately, my sensitive, combination skin did not react well to this stuff. It seemed to plug my pores and gave me pimples and irritated skin wherever I used it. I'll use it up on my hair and perhaps as a body oil, but I definitely won't be putting this on my face again!

on 12/11/2016 10:39:00 PM

Argan oil is great. I use it as an after shower moisturizer. However, $40 for 1.7 oz is a rip off. I paid $17 for 4 oz from RejuveNaturals on Amazon for USDA certified organic, cold pressed argan oil and like this version even better.

Please, check out my notepad for $10 referral links to Paula's Choice and a few clothing retailers.

This product deserves the rave mua reviews. It's thick, luxurious and deeply hydrating. The serum is completely scent free and sinks deeply into your skin. I would only use this at night though even though it's sold as a day serum. It's a bit heavy to use under makeup. Great serum for dry or distressed winter skin.

on 12/5/2016 1:41:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Curly, Coarse

It's literally just one ingredient.... organic argan oil. You can buy the same exact product for $12 on Amazon instead of $96 at Sephora. The extra $74 is just for the name Josie Maran.

on 11/15/2016 2:10:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

Holy crap, this stuff is expensive. But it is so worth it - especially if you shop on QVC, they often have cheap bundle deals! That's how I got a hold of this product.

I have combo skin, dry around my mouth and normal everywhere else. I tend to always favor more hydrating makeup/skin care products. I had fallen in love with Josie Maran's new foundation, and was desperate to get it, so I ordered the only place it was available - QVC, as part of a bundle deal. It came with the foundation, this Argan Oil, the argan milk, and a few other things.

The website makes a huge list of claims that this product can do, so I think we'll go down the list.

Body - I have used this on a few dry patches on my body. It does, in fact, help smooth them out, especially if you rub in a few drops every day.

Face - obviously, this does work as a nice moisturizer. I have noticed my dry spots are not nearly as dry now that I am using this product. (To be fair, though, the same can be said of any hydrating moisturizer.)

Wrinkles - This isn't a miracle worker, so don't expect your wrinkles to completely disappear. That being said, I have noticed my undereye fine lines are reduced. I think people with mature skin will see more dramatic results than me.

Nails - Yeah, it works just fine there, too. I tend to use this or other oils to help with hangnails, it really helps them heal faster.

Hair - Can't comment. My hair doesn't need frizz control or anything like that.

Acne - I have been dealing with some hormonal breakouts lately, and while, again, this isn't a miracle worker, it is keeping the pimples under control. Everything is healing pretty fast and I am noticing that slowly, the breakouts are being curbed. (Obviously, though you shouldn't rely on this oil alone to fix acne. Wash, treat, and moisturize every day, that will help the best.)

Lips - yeah, it works, but I hate the feeling of oil on my lips. Others might like it better, I dunno.

Inflammation & Sunburn - no comment. I haven't had a chance to try it with these conditions.

Makeup - still can't comment. I use dewy foundations, so I don't need to mix this in with anything.

Is this oil a miracle worker? No, but it does do very well for many uses. Is it worth the price? I think so, but I can understand why others would elect for cheaper options.
Also, I notice a lot of people complain that this takes forever to absorb. That's true, if you're putting way too much on your face. All you need is 2 -3 drops in your hands - rub them together and smooth it on your face. That's all you need, and it will absorb much more quickly that way.

on 11/4/2016 2:13:00 AM

My skin drinks this stuff up! I Love it! I use the regular strength stuff AM and PM and voila. I have dry and dehydrated skin and this stuff is a god send during the cold Canadian winters I have to suffer through. I spend a lot of time outdoors and this stuff works miracles.

Words of advice: Don't forget the spf!

on 11/2/2016 9:03:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure

My skin likes this oil. It hadn't performed miracles or anything but it's a solid choice when my skin's dry or irritated to add some extra moisture. I often add a few drops with whatever cream I'm using and sometimes mix it with my foundation for a more sheer, dewy look.

saved my dead dry skin!!!! i can now use foundation without looking cakey because this is so hydrating! will purchase again and again.