Josie Maran Cosmetics 100% Pure Argan Oil

Josie Maran Cosmetics 100% Pure Argan Oil

3.8

100% pure organic Argan Oil

As with my other Josie Maran reviews, this product was pretty effective and accurately marketed, but nowadays you can get MUCH cheaper, high quality pure 100% Argan Oil (which Josie and Morocanoil for haircare, made popular early on).

It was very moisturizing and high in vitamin E and antioxidants. Still one of my favorite oils by far in terms of texture, ease of use, non-clogging, and absorbability.

I got this as a gift and I tried to use it at night as a last step in my skin care routine. It broke me out. I didn't want to waste this product so I tried using it to take off makeup, it's a winner! I tried using coconut oil to take off my makeup in the past and it broke me out, argan oil does not. I don't think I would repurchase because it's way too expensive but I would try another brand of argan oil for this purpose.

To Read all 463 Reviews, Login or Join

on 4/4/2016 5:24:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I used this years ago and I could have sworn it broke me out. I used some other brands of argan oil recently and wasn't enthused, even though they miraculously did not break me out. I got a JM gift set at Christmas and started using it after I ran out of other stuff. What do you know, these last couple of months have totally changed my tune on JM argan oil. I never would have bought it on my own (I made the mistake of reading her Top Shelf article on Into the Gloss a couple years ago and her personality, coupled with the extravagant price of a product I was sure broke me out, kind of turned me off the whole brand for awhile).

It's great on its own, and I end up with way more moisturization than I was getting with the cheaper argan oils. My skin just drinks it up and, knock on wood, it hasn't broken me out. I haven't been this impressed with an oil in years. I kind of hate that it works, to be honest, but I guess I'm OK with JM again -- if only for my skin's sake. My pocketbook, however, is really not happy with my skin's decision right now. ;) The good news is that, while it's double or triple the price of other argan oils, a little goes a long way. I probably wouldn't use it to condition my long, thick hair, because I'd run out in no time. But after a couple of months of using it about three times a week on my face, I haven't even made a dent.

It's good on its own, but I've found that layering it over Bravura London's ginseng toner and hyaluronic acid serum plumps up my smile lines and zaps the fine forehead lines I've had since I was in my teens. It works nicely under makeup as long as I wait for it to sink in.

Took a lippie off for price but would otherwise repurchase.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral

Background on my skin: oily, very acne-prone, rosacea.

Most oils break me out. It irks me when someone says "all oils break me out" and are not open to the possibility of one not doing so. Because believe me, I used to think the same. I'm willing to bet 99% of you acne-prone out there can use at least one type of oil - but you might have to try a bunch first. I had to try MANY.

Allow me to give you an idea on just how many I've tried. Oils that break me out: Coconut (biggest offender - in any derivative), vitamin e, olive oil, aloe vera oil, and a bunch of others. Jojoba oil and pure mineral oil are the only ones to work thus far. My skin seems to hate plant based oils. :(

Argan oil is now added to the list of oils that will break me out. I woke up with many clogged pores after one night of usage. During following days those clogs came to a head and I was left with a nasty break out.

The only reason I'm giving this 2 lippies rather than 1 is because it IS very moisturizing. If your skin doesn't break out using this, you're in for a treat. Another pro is I liked adding the remainder of the bottle to my shampoos for added hydration.

I will not repurchase.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Curly, Coarse

I bought this for my very dry skin but it gave me huge cystic acne. I'm one of the unlucky people who cannot use oils on their skin. Every one that I have tried breaks me out. :( I use it on my under eyes but that is it.

on 3/3/2016 9:14:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I've been using this for a few years and my skin is so much better and yet it is organic, simple and effective.
It has replaced a shelf full of stuff like eye cream, night cream, day lotion, neck cream, etc".........
One simple ingredient from Mother Nature with no fillers or pointless additives, and though middle aged, I have no lines or wrinkles. I don't know how it can be so effective yet I'll never stop using it. I order it from QVC and I think Sephora has it too.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This is a bottle of pure argan oil. You can buy pure argan oil and now I'm kind of sorry I didn't bring back a huge bottle of roasted argan oil when I was visiting Morocco a year ago but...this oil is very good for your nails.

I put it on for less than a week, after bathing at night and my nails started to grow back after splitting badly for months. Even the color of the nails improved. Whatever is in Argan Oil, my nails love it.

You're suppose to be able to use this for hair, face, etc but I just use it on my nails. It comes with some of the kits sold by Josie Maran. I might not buy it alone due to the price but I'm very pleased with the results.

on 2/5/2016 2:11:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

Me too red itchy breakouts whenever I use this oil. I just slathered pure slow all over my face followed by rosehip oil mixed with lavender essential oil to calm my skin down. I've become so sensitive to products as I get older. Here's a great article I found on the proper oils for face. Great webpage too. All natural organic oils for face. She teaches about the allergy scale for certain oils too. Argan didn't make the list. Enjoy her site. http://bodyunburdened.com/5-face-oils-for-naturally-clear-flawless-skin/

on 1/18/2016 8:13:00 PM

PRO:
Last Long
The more you use it, the less overwhelming the smell is

CON:
The smell is very similar to fried food to me... until I got use to it

on 1/17/2016 12:55:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This argan oil is a bonafide ripoff. It's pure argan oil , which is available everywhere now. I recently purchased a 4 ounce bottle of pure argan oil on Amazon for $10, and yes, it comes in a dark bottle which doesn't allow light to penetrate. There is absolutely no reason to buy this expensive ($45) Josie Maran product. While it's true that not all argan oils are created equal, as long as you buy the cold pressed, organic pure oil, there's no difference between them and this Josie Maran oil. She may have created much of the argan oil buzz, but there's absolutely no benefit to this oil over other similar quality argan oils which are much more reasonably priced. I did buy this oil years ago and eventually used it up. When I thought about shelling out nearly $50 for another small bottle, it gave me the shivers. So I did some research and searched Amazon and found a great brand (Radha) and a 4 ounce bottle for about $10. It will take me a long time to use that much oil but because it's so reasonably priced, I will use a lot more of it. The Josie Maran oil is incredibly expensive so I was hell bent on conserving it so I didn't use a lot of it. However, now that I've found a comparable product and a large bottle, I will use it for everything. My main purpose with argan oil is to use it in my hair color mixture. I mix in two teaspoons and it leaves my hair soft and shiny and very conditioned. When the color chemicals penetrate the hair shaft, the oil goes in too. At no other time is this possible and it makes for excellent conditioning. I learned this trick from my stylist about a decade ago and have used it ever since. Argan is the perfect oil for this purpose. It isn't greasy and because it's a "dry" oil, it penetrates quickly without leaving any oily residue behind. Now that I have a large bottle on hand, I will use it on the ends of my hair before shampooing as well as adding it to my hair mask, which I use every two weeks. I will certainly find myriad uses for the large bottle and can't wait to use it as a body moisturizer. My skin is too sensitive to use it on my face but it will be great for moisturizing really dry areas such as my feet, knees and elbows. I will also use it on my hands at night. Now that I have no restrictions (price of course being the main one) I will use it for absolutely everything. Don't waste your money on this Josie Maran oil. There are far better choices out there for much less $$$. This Josie Maran oil is no different and I'm so glad I did some research and didn't buy another bottle for $45!!