Josie Maran Cosmetics 100% Pure Argan Oil

3.9

100% pure organic Argan Oil

on 1/21/2018 3:13:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

I use this semi regularly on my hair (once a month or so) and occasionally on my face and body before bed. It's a nice all over oil that moisturizes without causing breakouts and seems to help my dry hair. Nice to have something I can use all over without worrying about my face breaking out from it. Would repurchase.

on 12/31/2017 7:36:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

i will preface this by saying i haven't tried this exact product, but makeupalley doesn't have a page for just plain ol argan oil so i'll just review it here.
also, i should add that you can get josie's same overpriced product for like 12 dollars on amazon. from different brands of course, but argan oil is argan oil.

i use argan oil on my face after applying my moisturizer and it definitely gives me the boost that i need to overcome winter flakes. my nose tends to do a lot of weird shedding no matter how much i moisturize it during the winter but i've found this oil really helps to prevent it. the best way to use this, in my opinion, is to slather it on at night time after your facial moisturizer and let your pillow absorb the excess overnight so you wake up looking awesome.
if you opt to use it during the daytime instead, it will look really oily initially (no duh) but after an hour or two will mostly sink into your skin. it definitely does this sinking in better than a lot of other oils.

all in all, i think argan oil is definitely the greatest facial oil there is. there is nothing that will provide the same amount of moisture with the same low comedogenocity.

on 12/9/2017 9:39:00 AM

I have tried both the regular Argan oil and the light argan oil. It absorbs pretty quickly. I have acne prone skin, and this has never been an issue. I prefer to use the regular formulation at night, and the light formulation in the morning, under my makeup. It's nice that it has no chemicals. It's 100% argan oil. I got it on QVC for a better price than Sephora. :)

on 10/1/2017 2:57:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

I have dry skin, and at times regular moisturizers don't cut it. I also happen to be eczema prone so, keeping my skin moisturized is crucial. I had previously used the Argan Milk, which I like but wanted something with a bit more oomph. I primarily use this on my face, as it's a bit heavy for my fine hair. The Pure Argan Oil does not absorb as readily as the Argan Milk, but it's a good product for dry skin, or just a general night time skincare routine. It's available in two sizes, I just liked the option because it allowed me to buy a smaller size to try, without shelling out for the full size. I do occasionally use this on my cuticles, and it works great, but I feel so frivolous using a pricey product on my cuticles. I like the glass bottle with the pipette, it makes it easy to dispense the product and keep it sanitary. My skin like this a lot, I've already repurchased, I found this to be neither to heavy or too light.

on 7/29/2017 11:18:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Not Sure

My skin looked awful after using this. Extremely oily and greasy. I now use it as a mix in with my foundation and no issues

on 7/28/2017 8:33:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

Makes my face and eyelids feel incredible heavy. My skin looks worse when I use this. I will not repurchase. Maybe I'll use the rest on my hair.

on 4/23/2017 4:25:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

I got a sample bottle of this from Sephora and I fell in love with it. It was not greasy feeling and absorbed right into my skin. I think a lot of people are having trouble with this product because they haven't exfoliated their skin well enough before applying this. I noticed one time when I was too tired to exfoliate after a long day at work, I applied this oil after washing my face with a cleanser but it did not absorb into my skin at all. The next day I woke up with a oily surface on my face and rough dry patches.

A lot of people also complained about its price. I think it's expensive because it is cold pressed, which preserves its nutrients. I see many organic argan oil out there, but rarely are they cold pressed.

Overall I think this is a good product, although expensive. However, a little goes a long way because I only need 2 or 3 drops on my face. There are also promotions where you get discounts off of their websites. :)

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Neutral

I absolutely love this product, have been using it for almost a year. I have very sensitive, combination, acne-prone skin so it's hard for me to find a good moisturizer. It has helped my acne and acne scars clear and absorbs into my skin right away, leaving me oil-free. For people complaining about the price: If you do research into argan oil you will learn that good quality argan oil costs a lot to make and needs to come in an amber glass bottle because the sun will damage it's amazing properties. So you are paying for the high quality of the oil, it is not expensive because it is a brand name, you pay for what you get. Also the packaging is good, I was worried initially, but have since dropped it on a concrete floor and it has never broken.

on 3/13/2017 1:38:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

It works great!!!! but the price point it is high, I have found online some other less expensive sources with the same high quality.

Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm

I absolutely love this stuff. I've had everything from black to blonde to red hair and everything in between. I also had extensions in my hair for about four or five years. My hair is beyond damaged. I got a free sample of this oil from Sephora and holy cow! My hair is fine and a couple inches past my collar bone. I use about three to four drops after the shower and distribute it through my hair. This stuff is amazing. It gives you so much shine and makes your hair so soft. I even had a hair appointment a couple of days ago, and my hairdresser even commented on how great my hair looked and the length. I always worry about my hair health now since I've done so much to it. This is worth it and a little goes a long way!