Josie Maran Cosmetics 100% Pure Argan Oil

3.8

100% pure organic Argan Oil

on 10/1/2017 2:57:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

I have dry skin, and at times regular moisturizers don't cut it. I also happen to be eczema prone so, keeping my skin moisturized is crucial. I had previously used the Argan Milk, which I like but wanted something with a bit more oomph. I primarily use this on my face, as it's a bit heavy for my fine hair. The Pure Argan Oil does not absorb as readily as the Argan Milk, but it's a good product for dry skin, or just a general night time skincare routine. It's available in two sizes, I just liked the option because it allowed me to buy a smaller size to try, without shelling out for the full size. I do occasionally use this on my cuticles, and it works great, but I feel so frivolous using a pricey product on my cuticles. I like the glass bottle with the pipette, it makes it easy to dispense the product and keep it sanitary. My skin like this a lot, I've already repurchased, I found this to be neither to heavy or too light.

on 7/29/2017 11:18:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Not Sure

My skin looked awful after using this. Extremely oily and greasy. I now use it as a mix in with my foundation and no issues

on 7/28/2017 8:33:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

Makes my face and eyelids feel incredible heavy. My skin looks worse when I use this. I will not repurchase. Maybe I'll use the rest on my hair.

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Neutral

I absolutely love this product, have been using it for almost a year. I have very sensitive, combination, acne-prone skin so it's hard for me to find a good moisturizer. It has helped my acne and acne scars clear and absorbs into my skin right away, leaving me oil-free. For people complaining about the price: If you do research into argan oil you will learn that good quality argan oil costs a lot to make and needs to come in an amber glass bottle because the sun will damage it's amazing properties. So you are paying for the high quality of the oil, it is not expensive because it is a brand name, you pay for what you get. Also the packaging is good, I was worried initially, but have since dropped it on a concrete floor and it has never broken.

on 4/23/2017 4:25:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

I got a sample bottle of this from Sephora and I fell in love with it. It was not greasy feeling and absorbed right into my skin. I think a lot of people are having trouble with this product because they haven't exfoliated their skin well enough before applying this. I noticed one time when I was too tired to exfoliate after a long day at work, I applied this oil after washing my face with a cleanser but it did not absorb into my skin at all. The next day I woke up with a oily surface on my face and rough dry patches.

A lot of people also complained about its price. I think it's expensive because it is cold pressed, which preserves its nutrients. I see many organic argan oil out there, but rarely are they cold pressed.

Overall I think this is a good product, although expensive. However, a little goes a long way because I only need 2 or 3 drops on my face. There are also promotions where you get discounts off of their websites. :)

Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm

I absolutely love this stuff. I've had everything from black to blonde to red hair and everything in between. I also had extensions in my hair for about four or five years. My hair is beyond damaged. I got a free sample of this oil from Sephora and holy cow! My hair is fine and a couple inches past my collar bone. I use about three to four drops after the shower and distribute it through my hair. This stuff is amazing. It gives you so much shine and makes your hair so soft. I even had a hair appointment a couple of days ago, and my hairdresser even commented on how great my hair looked and the length. I always worry about my hair health now since I've done so much to it. This is worth it and a little goes a long way!

on 3/13/2017 1:38:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

It works great!!!! but the price point it is high, I have found online some other less expensive sources with the same high quality.

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

This oil is very light and doesn't have a noticeable smell, and it keeps me moisturized without breaking me out. I have combo acne prone skin so I get hella zits while still being dry and flakey, and this works for me for moisturizing. I turned to oils because most moisturizers contain silicone and other fillers that clog my pores!

Tip~ don't buy this full price, wait till Xmas time where they sell this as a gift card holder for $10.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Cool

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I agree with the reviewers that state that argan oil is great, but this particular brand is overpriced. The packaging is also horrible. The top has melted living in Texas and is unusable once melted. I will not repurchase.

on 3/13/2017 1:27:00 PM

I have to add to the thousands of people who love this face oil. It was my first face oil, which I bought, due to others' raving reviews of the product. I have to say it is definitely a super-product. The best part is the oil balances all kinds of skin conditions. If I have acne, a dab of it will clear the pimple the next day with no scarring, and reduce inflammation. If I have dry patches, it seals up all dead and broken skin, and heals it naturally. It is easily absorbed (remains sticky for around 20 minutes). It can be used under makeup, and this gives a much smoother base, and a nicer finish to my foundation. It can be used as a night time moisturizer, with my skin glowing and feeling healthier the next morning. The product goes on smooth, and is practically invisible after application, no oily sheen to it. The smell is also fairly neutral. My go-to use of this product would be as a night 'cream'.