Josie Maran Cosmetics 100% Pure Argan Oil

3.8

100% pure organic Argan Oil

on 4/23/2017 4:25:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

I got a sample bottle of this from Sephora and I fell in love with it. It was not greasy feeling and absorbed right into my skin. I think a lot of people are having trouble with this product because they haven't exfoliated their skin well enough before applying this. I noticed one time when I was too tired to exfoliate after a long day at work, I applied this oil after washing my face with a cleanser but it did not absorb into my skin at all. The next day I woke up with a oily surface on my face and rough dry patches.

A lot of people also complained about its price. I think it's expensive because it is cold pressed, which preserves its nutrients. I see many organic argan oil out there, but rarely are they cold pressed.

Overall I think this is a good product, although expensive. However, a little goes a long way because I only need 2 or 3 drops on my face. There are also promotions where you get discounts off of their websites. :)

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Neutral

I absolutely love this product, have been using it for almost a year. I have very sensitive, combination, acne-prone skin so it's hard for me to find a good moisturizer. It has helped my acne and acne scars clear and absorbs into my skin right away, leaving me oil-free. For people complaining about the price: If you do research into argan oil you will learn that good quality argan oil costs a lot to make and needs to come in an amber glass bottle because the sun will damage it's amazing properties. So you are paying for the high quality of the oil, it is not expensive because it is a brand name, you pay for what you get. Also the packaging is good, I was worried initially, but have since dropped it on a concrete floor and it has never broken.

Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm

I absolutely love this stuff. I've had everything from black to blonde to red and everything in between. I also had extensions in my hair for about four or five years. My hair is beyond damaged. I got a free sample of this oil from Sephora and holy cow! My hair is fine and a couple inches past my collar bone. I use about three to four drops after the shower and distribute it through my hair. This stuff is amazing. It gives you so much shine and makes your hair so soft. I even had a hair appointment a couple of days ago, and my hairdresser even commented on how great my hair looked and the length. I always worry about my hair health now since I've done so much to it. This is worth it and a little goes a long way!

on 3/13/2017 1:38:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

It works great!!!! but the price point it is high, I have found online some other less expensive sources with the same high quality.

on 3/13/2017 1:27:00 PM

I have to add to the thousands of people who love this face oil. It was my first face oil, which I bought, due to others' raving reviews of the product. I have to say it is definitely a super-product. The best part is the oil balances all kinds of skin conditions. If I have acne, a dab of it will clear the pimple the next day with no scarring, and reduce inflammation. If I have dry patches, it seals up all dead and broken skin, and heals it naturally. It is easily absorbed (remains sticky for around 20 minutes). It can be used under makeup, and this gives a much smoother base, and a nicer finish to my foundation. It can be used as a night time moisturizer, with my skin glowing and feeling healthier the next morning. The product goes on smooth, and is practically invisible after application, no oily sheen to it. The smell is also fairly neutral. My go-to use of this product would be as a night 'cream'.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Cool

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I agree with the reviewers that state that argan oil is great, but this particular brand is overpriced. The packaging is also horrible. The top has melted living in Texas and is unusable once melted. I will not repurchase.

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

This oil is very light and doesn't have a noticeable smell, and it keeps me moisturized without breaking me out. I have combo acne prone skin so I get hella zits while still being dry and flakey, and this works for me for moisturizing. I turned to oils because most moisturizers contain silicone and other fillers that clog my pores!

Tip~ don't buy this full price, wait till Xmas time where they sell this as a gift card holder for $10.

I purchased this in a gift set from QVC. I used the bottle up in a about 6 months. I found it to be very emollient and hydrating. It really made a difference in my skincare and makeup routine.

I was searching around for an argan replacement at a less expensive price point (MANY quality retailers of organic, cold pressed argan oil at a FRACTION of the price) when I was gifted with a bottle of Marula oil, which I found to not be as hydrating.

My husband just gave me a bottle of the Josie Maran argan oil for my birthday, so he missed the memo about the price (I didn't have the heart to tell him, poor guy! Just was sweet he knew I liked the other oil better and bought it for me!)

I do love the oil. Whether or not the less expensive oils work as well remain to be seen.

I was gifted a bottle of Josie Maran's 100% Argan oil and was excited to try it because of the rave reviews. Unfortunately, my sensitive, combination skin did not react well to this stuff. It seemed to plug my pores and gave me pimples and irritated skin wherever I used it. I'll use it up on my hair and perhaps as a body oil, but I definitely won't be putting this on my face again!

on 12/11/2016 10:39:00 PM

Argan oil is great. I use it as an after shower moisturizer. However, $40 for 1.7 oz is a rip off. I paid $17 for 4 oz from RejuveNaturals on Amazon for USDA certified organic, cold pressed argan oil and like this version even better.

Please, check out my notepad for $10 referral links to Paula's Choice and a few clothing retailers.