4.5

price range

Reviews

1.0

4 years ago

I bought this as I usually use Clarins Lotus oil at night, and wanted to try something different. This was very expensive for me at 80AUD but I thought given the great reviews maybe it'd be an upgrade.... not so! This smelled great but you don't get much for your money and what it is isn't really anything special. All it did was make me break out terribly, and I used it mixed with moisturizer (not on its own!). Took about a month or two for my skin to clear up again. Terrible. Back to Clarins (which has never caused any break outs for me!)

About reviewer (1 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair

HairBlond

5 years ago

I wish it came with a dropper, besides that, it's a perfect product, lightweight, hydrating, nourishing, fresh, energizing a smells like real critics, not like perfume and it's rapidly absorbed. From all the Darphin oils, this one and the Jasmine are my favourites, although I don't appreciate the smell of the Jasmine oil, it's more nourishing than the tangerine one, but it's indicated to drier skins also. The bigger problem with darphin oils is that they don't come with a dropper, so I always put them in a dropper jar to best control the amount used. Applying it on wet or damp skin or with your moisturiser doesn't leave the skin oily.

About reviewer (48 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinSensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

HairBrown, Wavy, Fine

6 years ago

I am totally in love with this oil!! I wasn't totally sure what I was going to get with this product, other than maybe even more oily skin than I have now...but it has actually made my skin look so much better! It's brighter, and the dark, bluey circles around my eyes have gone! It hasn't made my oily/combination skin worse, but hasn't done anything to improve it (not that it claims to). It also smells amazing! Like actual tangerines, but it's a very natural smell and you can also smell the essential oils included. I use this every night before I moisturise as a sort of serum, but it's actually very moisturising itself, so you can probably get away with using it alone in the summer months. The bottle is rather small, but you only need a tiny amount, so it lasts ages! Overall excellent product!

About reviewer (2 reviews)

Age19-24

SkinCombination, Fair, Cool

HairBrunette, Straight, Medium

7 years ago

I have had it for 2 years and I use it when I feel that my face skin needs an extra boost of hydration. In the beginning I was a bit skeptical to put oil on my combination type face skin but it works great - no breakouts and grease! My skin feels soft and looks radiant. I use it as a treatment and not every day. Although it is a small bottle, it lasts forever!

About reviewer (11 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium

HairBrunette

7 years ago

this is ridiculously expensive but it made my skin totally radiant. it didn't break me out. it smells great. i have repurchased it once, and i loved using it. but the price is too high for me right now. i have been making my own home made skin care oils - jojoba, grapeseed and almond with some orange essential oil and have been reasonably satisfied with them. the cost is a fraction of the price of this darphin treatment but it doesn't work as well as the darphin...so i am torn.

About reviewer (149 reviews)

SkinCombination

HairBlack

EyesBrown

7 years ago

Can't live without this oil anymore....but it's so small bottle, and I use it everyday, twice a day, it's perfect, no breakouts, no greasiness, no shine.... Skin is so soft and pores are smaller than usually are.... I don't know how it does that but it does. I'm happy I found it!!!

About reviewer (19 reviews)

SkinNormal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

HairBrunette, Other, Other

EyesBrown

8 years ago

I have several samples of this and I quite like it. I am also using Decleor's Neroli oil and would like to draw a comparison between them. Both of them get absorbed very easily. They dont leave any greasiness and even though I have combination skin I have never encountered breakouts. So they get absorbed easily and are great for first signs of ageing. Using the Darphin one , I have noticed, that my skin is well moisturised right now (it is quite cold) and looks more fresh and plump. Even though the Darphin is more expensive, I like the tangerine smell which is uplifting and more pleasant than the Decleor one which is also citrusy but more dominant. I think that is the downside with the Decleor one. Even though the Decleor is still a good oil, (yet I see better results from the Darphin one), the smell is quite floral, dominant and sometimes it makes me itch. But nevertheless Decleor is more affordable and still a good facial oil. I would say if you can afford it go for Darphin: it is an exceptional choice for the winter season. Finally it is ecocert certified.

About reviewer (97 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair

HairBrown

8 years ago

The substance in this little bottle is power-packed with various skin-enhancing, aromatic treats. Used at night in combination with a Darphin moisturiser (I use Skin Mat) ensures a hydrated, balanced complexion in the AM. Have also applied as part of morning regime with similar results. Highly recommended.

About reviewer (347 reviews)

SkinAcne-prone, Fair, Not Sure

HairBlack, Other, Other

EyesBlack

9 years ago

This is an amazing product! Got this from a friend (thank you so much!); she told me it was to combat the first signs of aging. I was weary to try it out - used Clarin's Huile Lotus with horrible results - left me with huge bumps. Not so this one: It does not only smell absolutely delicious but also evens out skin tone, seems to tighten pores, tackles fine lines (I do not have wrinkles yet) and delivers enough moisture. I use a small amount after cleansing, sometimes following with a moisturizer, depending on how dry my skin is, and wake up to baby-soft glowing skin in the morning! Yes it is pricey but it's worth every penny and a little goes a long way. I look forward to putting this on my face every evening. Finally a product that really works - thank you Darphin!

About reviewer (8 reviews)

SkinSensitive, Fair

HairBrunette

9 years ago

I brought this after seeing so many positive reviews!! it turns out i was so right!! The most amazing skin care product i've ever used!

About reviewer (6 reviews)

SkinNormal