L.A. Colors 5 Color Metallic Eyeshadow in Darling

Price: $

Price: $

on 11/23/2014 1:54:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Darling is just a darling palette of warm shimmery shades great for a warm eye look. There are 5 beautiful shadows in this kit. A snowy shimmery white, a carnation pink, a golden honey brown, a medium brown and a rich dark chocolate. These shadows are soft and pick up really easily with a brush. I didn't really have trouble with fallout but I do blow off the excess before touching my face with it. They blend well and are all well pigmented. They do not go on sheer so use a light hand. They blend easily and are really pretty with my fair skin and blue eyes. I did not use the applicator that comes with the kit and used my own makeup brushes instead. I used ELF eye primer beneath these as ususal. I had no trouble with creasing, flaking off, or caking up. The did fade some over the course of the day, but no more than any other. These did tend to rub off though if you happen to rub your eyes. This is a great little palette, the only drawback is the shimmer. It is more noticeable in the lightest shades and wearing the white in the inner corner and above the browbone to highlight actually adds too much shimmer for my tastes. Maybe it's just my aversion to strong shimmers as I feel like it ends up looking frosty and very seventies. Like Charlie's Angels makeup. I really like the browns and the golden honey shade. I don't like the shimmery frosty white much. This is a great little palette for a couple of dollars. You just can't beat the price on this. I've used this so much I've nearly reached pan on three of these shades. I don't recall exactly where but I think I picked this up at a dollar store, but can't remember which one Family Dollar or possibly Big Lots? It's cheap and it's a great product and this is far superior to a lot of higher priced palettes. It just goes to show that good makeup does not have to come from a department store or cost a fortune. Color me quite surprised and quite happy with this little dollar store treasure.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse

I love la colors and these 5 color metallic palettes are amazing. The 'darling' palette comes with 3 browns light to darker and a baby pink and a white. The do contain shimmer, but its in the name, metallic. But i find that its more concentrated on the top layer and the farther down- the less shimmer you get which i like very much bc it then contains just barely any so its a great shimmer to matte neutral palette. I purchased mine at family dollar for $1.50 and its incredible. You get a whole lot of shadow for less than what it cost for a soda. These are a great pigmented palettes and blend wonderfully with hardly any fallout. I will repurchase if i ever get to hit pan. I hope they continue to make these. I wish i could buy all available shades from their website but u cant. :'( i hope to collect them all. They are so good. Im glad that i could find a neutral palette but if u want color, they have plenty as well. And they are so pigmented, youll be shock! Def a must have, any of them!

on 7/14/2010 10:52:00 PM

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

You can't go wrong with this palette. It's cheap. The colors are wonderful. Payoff is great. Stay put a long time.
A biiiig thumb up!

Love this! I was not expecting much seeing how it was so cheap, but the color payoff is amazing! Makes a great overlay color over a matte. Would buy again if I ever run out.

I got this product for $1 at Dollar General. I cannot believe how the pigment is for the price. The colors really show up and last awhile. They apply very nicely with a brush. I bought the other two color combos as well.

on 11/18/2009 5:58:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

Pretty good quality for $2. The range of colors are good for everyday wear. My only complaint is that the shimmer doesn't go all the through the shadow. The top 15 or 20 swipes are shimmery, but as you start to make a dip the shimmer factor drops dramatically. Still, good color payoff, and pretty lasting considering i got 5 shadows for $2.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

~CLICK CONTINUED FOR SWATCHES~

Soft shadows, pretty colors, easy to apply and blend, last all day with UDPP. Packaging ain't great, however, but these are well worth the not quite 2 bucks I paid for them.

continued >>

I love this!

on 12/22/2007 12:23:00 AM

This is very shimmery, pigmented eyeshadow, good for creating a smoky eye look. There is a dark, mink brown, copper, gold, light pink and white. These take a long time to crease, especially for a super cheap eyeshadow, and if applied wet they hardly fade at all. The only things that rubbed me the wrong way was that the sponge applicator had sharp edges on it that I didn't find until I put it on. Ow. But that was kind of my fault. The case is also kind of hard to get open if you don't have fingernails to pry it.