Prada Lip Balm Tint #2

3.8

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I agree w/a reviewer below... the color looks ruddy on me, the texture is thick and dry, and the way that it felt on my lips was nothing to write home about. I have no idea what all the hype is over these silly things? Seriously. Didn't sink in and hydrate my lips one bit, so I wiped it off, and it left my lips feeling nasty afterward. I wish I could rate it a "0". I hope they've D/C'd them, because they are so over-rated. Ick. Blah.

Can't say enough good things abou this - lovely sheer balm with great moisture for your lips - and SPF 15 - what's not to like?

If you can find it discounted, grab it - tiny tubes stay fresh for a long time -

love this one and Tint #6 as well - some of my all-time faves!!

To Read all 30 Reviews, Login or Join

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

I love lip glosses and tinted balms but I'm so fickle about them, using them for a brief period and then moving on to something else. But every now and then a lip product keeps me coming back, and Prada's tinted Shielding Balm in Shade 2 is one such product. I received one of the tiny tubes of this balm in a swap a while back and after months and months I still carefully dose this out when I want soft, satiny, pretty, natural-looking lips. This product, unlike so many, actually looks decent when I have no other makeup on, but it also enhances my lips to the extent that I can wear it with a full face of makeup. I also love the innovative way that it's packaged in eight tiny tubes that can fit anywhere and have multiple "homes" like your makeup case, your office desk drawer, your gym bag, etc. This is my ultimate my-lips-but-better product and it makes me sick to think that I will have to shell out a ridiculous amount of money once my carefully preserved tube stops putting out. Unless I get really lucky and find it for a steal, which I doubt I will. :(

love love love love love! I can say no bad about this lip balm (maybe except that I'd prefer a tube formulation - but it would be hard with this consistency).

Everything I love in a lip balm - thick and moisturizing, matte/not too shiny, #2 is a my lips but better tint (looks great with no other makeup), cheap (if you picked it up at tj maxx... haha), NOT waxy (my lips are able to breathe), unscented. And best of all, my boyfriend doesn't notice and complain about the stickiness when kissing me!

I am just sad that now it has been d/c'd and I can't get my hands on any more other than ebay or swapping.

This definitely trumps all other lip balms I have ever tried - and I AM picky, including Kiehl's (too greasy), Smiths Rosebud (yucky smelling, too shiny and thin, not moisturizing), Burts Bees (too stingy), Chapstick (too waxy), Labello (hydracare- too thin, not moisturizing enough), Neutrogena (alright but no extra oomph), Clinique superbalm (too sticky/shiny), Aquaphor (too greasy), MAC (too sticky), Nuxe (too thick, not breathable)...

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

In the probably three years that it will take me to finish these balms, I will repurchase--but it a different color. It's not that the color itself, which I would call a tawny rose, is bad. But for some reason, it looks like its bleeding on me. I can only use with a lipliner in public, and what is the point of using lipliner for a balm? My sister has the more chocolately shade (#4?), which is much more flattering on me.

On the plus side, I've had a box for almost a year now and am not even halfway through the tube in my purse or the tube on my vanity. Together, I use it at least once a day.

This is the only tinted Prada balm I have tried so far. I guess it's not bad, but I was kinda expecting more for the price. It's definatley a "nude" rose, because the color really didn't show up on me. I liked it the first couple times I used it, but then the color - what did show up - seemed, well, "muddy" looking is the only way I can decribe it. Maybe I got a bad tube, but I think for now I'll stick to the clear.

Love these balms! The texture is very thick, almost stiff, but "melts" onto lips and feels almost creamy rather than waxy. There's zero scent or taste and they come in teeny, very portable little monodoses that can be reclosed. These are itty-bitty, but last a longer time than one would suspect, since only a little bit is needed for each use. My lips must be more pigmented than I'd thought because tint #2 (which is a warm-toned, medium pinkish tawny color) doesn't much alter the look of my naturally rosy lips. They just seem slightly deeper in tone, which is fine with me as I'm more into a natural look these days. This doesn't add any shine or shimmer, too, and gives lips a smooth, kind of matte (not flat, though--more like how buffed fingernails look) appearance.

Thanks to a lovely, kind, and generous MUAer (kites <3), I was able to finally try this stuff out to see what the rage was all about. And boy oh boy do I like this lip balm! Very very thick, moisturizing, and long-lasting. No discernible taste and the smell, though slightly unpleasant and reminisce of petroleum, wasnít completely unbearable. The only drawback is that being I have pigmented lips, the #2 color doesnít really do a dang thing for enhancing my natural lip color. Thereís no shimmer in this, itís just the slightest tint of rosy color. Nonetheless my lips feel really nice whenever I wear this. Just a natural pretty slightly sheen without any cracked dryness and this stuff doesnít really evaporate into that nasty white gooey residue. The little monodoses are kind of convenient yet evil because I think I'm going to lose them rather easily. That being said, would I ever purchase this for the original $38 price tag? Heck no! But I guess thatís the mainstay of the elite Prada name Ė inflated prices. If you can get them for cheaper, heck yeah, go for it!

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I too found several boxes of these at my local TJ Maxx, so I am impressed with them (8 minis to a box for $8). The packaging is cute, though wasteful, and the texture is nice. Before Prada, I had been using Smith's Rosebud Salve, which was so slick and slippery it would wear off in minutes. This is thick and practically matte. Shade #2 enhances my lip color very slightly - it is very very subtle. I wouldn't pay full price for them, but for $8, I am happy!

I don't like this color very much. It is ok for day time but I don't feel my best when I am wearing it. I will still use it up because it is a really good lip balm.

Popular Lip Treatments