Jherri Redding One 'n Only Color Fix

Jherri Redding One 'n Only Color Fix

3.6

on 5/15/2012 2:14:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I didnt realize this product wouldn't work on semi-permanent dye, and it didn't really state that on the package. If that was the only problem I wouldn't have bothered with review. The products was a bit hard to get out of those little bottles. It did actually lighten my hair a bit, even though I used it over a semi-permanent dye. But the smell! It smelled like a wet dog farted, and then someone lit the dog on fire. And it won't go away. I don't know if that's a normal smell for this product? I read the directions many times, and followed them very closely. The smell made me gag. Even my room mate could hardly handle it. I had some scalp irritation, but my hair feels rather undamaged. If I can't get this smell to go away after a few more washes, I'll have to chop it all off. I was hoping it would kind of go away once it was dry. That's not really the case, and it's just too offensive of a smell to ride it out.

on 5/8/2012 2:50:00 PM

I had dyed my hair black a few years ago and eventually grew bored of it and wanted a change. I rarely dye my hair as it is and having to constantly dye it to maintain the colour was starting to do a number on my hair. My hair dresser suggested stripping it and even tried a small section on my hair so I could see what the result would be but I decided against it after I saw how much damage it did. I tried this stuff and it was a god send! My hair is naturally a medium brown and this stuff lightened up back to my natural colour but with a slight reddish tinge which wasn't a big deal since I was so glad the black was gone!. The only down side was that I noticed my hair didn't look so healthy afterwards but that's understandable considering I went from dying it maybe once a year to dying it multiple times then doing this treatment. I used a good protein conditioning mask for a few weeks afterward and laid off the blow dryer and flat iron to give my hair a break. I would definitely recommend going this a try before considering getting your hair stripped.

Well I went from blue black dyed hair to dark brown, light brown, and red hair. So it got the black our for the most part except for the ends which are still a little black but I only used this once and will use whats left of the bottles in a few days. It works I imagine if you were blonde before and dyed your hair dark brown or black this would remove the black and leave you red or orange. This is my third time using this product and it works everytime to remove the color I did and usually any underlying color I had and leaves me multiple shades of orange, and red. If you want your naturaly haircolor back after dying your hair darker then you will have to grow your hair out there is no miracle product for that so please have realistic expectations for this product.

on 3/14/2012 9:37:00 PM

okay, so i was REALLY skeptical about this product from the start because of all the reviews i've read on various sites about it..

I HAD dyed (permanent) bright red, little mermaid hair. and it made my skin look even more pale than i already am. so i had to change it. (I am a natural blonde)
so i bought this product at Sally's, and i used it for the first time tonight!

Let me just tell you, this stuff WORKS! i applied it to my whole head, with dry hair, and it turned my roots to my (almost) natural color - dirty blonde!
However, it did make my ends a purplish violet color, but i suppose that is from the bright red.

I applied it once, rinsed, towel dried, than applied it for a 2nd time. the second time didn't do too much more, though.

For this product, please follow the instructions inside the box!!!!
Oh, and this stuff smells like week old rotten eggs! yuck!!!! open windows or use a vent or something lol once you use it you'll smell what i mean lol

recap - this product lightened my roots very quickly, but the ends are just faded really really light from the permanent color I used.

Remember, even tho this isn't bleach, its still a chemical you are depositing into your hair.
DEEP CONDITION as much as possible to put the moisture back into your hair!

on 1/14/2012 2:23:00 PM

Please do not use this product unless you want to take a chance for your hair to fall out! and I'm serious. Most people may get a good result from using this product but there is a risk involved. I must be one of the few people that this has happened to as I cant find anyone else this has happpened to in other reviews. I have been to a doctor and dermatologists but with no answers. Was given a cream to try and it only made it worse so went back to derm and was told to take claritan twice a day.. Guess what? my hair is still falling out! I was very embarassed by what was happening to me and wouldnt tell anyone and became very depressed for a few weeks. Then I knew I had to get help. I did and now I am trying to warn others and ask anyone I know about what I can do. I get no answers. This is devastating to me and I do not want anyone else to go through this. I followed the directions and left it on for 20 min, I left out step 3 and never dyed afterwards as I was happy with the color it was after colorfix. I thought my hair was just damaged and breaking off at first but no, its falling out from the root along with my scalp burning, looking pinkish red, and itching horribly. I have found an all natural shampoo that has helped with the scalp issues but not resolved them. While looking and trying to figure out what happened to me with this product I found the material safety data sheet online. WOW! I read it and couldnt believe I put this on my scalp. It has some serious health concerning ingredients and contains FORMALDEYHYDE releasing agents! Even though the box says it doesnt contain formaldeyhyde. Just google one n only colorfix MSDS and the pdf will come up. Im still hoping to find a solution to my problem and am going to see a wellness doctor next week. I hope no one experiences this as my hair has been falling out since september 2011. PLEASE dont take the chance for this to happen! Find other ways to fade your dark color.

on 10/4/2011 3:09:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

ok so this product is best left to the brave hearted and who can afford to be supprised
my experience
my hair is naturally dirty blonde
been sporting some pretty flattering marcia cross red hair for a year but was tired on maintenance soo...
i had got my hair professionally dyed to what i requested be a light/med brown..well the stylist ended up leaving 1/2 way thru the dye job &after being passed around to 3 different stylists in the course of my dye job i end up over 2 hours later walking on with almost black hair!..yes they left me sitting there under the heat hood for WAY to long...after being given run around of gettin a color fix ( couldnt book me in for a week!) i picked up color fix at sallys.
first application turned by unflattering black hair to a strawberry blonde color albeit sorta more orange than i wanted so put in a neutral blonde dye and MY HAIR WENT BACK TO BLACK !?!?so i tried a second application of color fix the same day and my hair color didnt even budge from black , so a week later..
i tried a boxed hair lightening color from loreal and it didnt even phase my hair color at all and then i was scared how ever will i get rid of this black?
a few weeks later since then i have successfully lightened it quite a few shades to a med brown using vitamin c powder in shampoo 1:2 left on for 1/2 hour.. colorfix no thank u i will stick with the tried and true and CHEAPER homemade fix

on 10/23/2010 5:57:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Cool

In a moment of complete insanity I decided I wanted to see what I looked like with dark brown hair. There are so many women I see with beautiful, rich dark brown hair. I wanted to have it for myself. Well, I found out I don't look good with it. Not at all. I looked about 10 years older than I really am, and that is not ok. 3 days after coloring I decided I couldn't stand it anymore. I went to Sally's and asked the girl working there for help me lighten back up. She told me my best bet was stripping out the brown then recoloring. She recommended Color Fix.
First off, the directions are very straightforward, but it is a little tricky to measure and mix everything yourself. I used the entire contents of both step 1 and 2 bottles, which apparently was too much. The package said it had enough for 6 full color corrections. I applied using a bowl and brush, put a plastic bag over my head and waited 20 minutes. My hair looked light enough at that point, so I rinsed for eternity and a day and then applied the processing lotion.
Here is my only real issue with this product, they do not explain what the processing lotion does, just that the hair may redarken "due to the nature of color molecules.". Several people on here have said they skipped this step, but I couldn't figure out why. Now I know why. This removes color by shrinking the color molecules, which allows them to then be washed away. The processing lotion stops the removal process in it's tracks, even reverses it a bit, by allowing the color molecules to return to their normal size. So your hair may look light enough because the molecules still on the hair are shrunken, but when you apply the lotion they expand back to their normal size and your hair darkens again. My hair looked quite a bit darker after applying the processing lotion.
I went ahead and finished the process by rinsing my hair again for eternity and a day and applying a deep conditioner. I let that sit for 5 minutes and rinsed.
My hair went from dark brown with reddish tones to a medium to light reddish brown. I'd say at least 2 levels lighter, so I am overall happy with the results. My hair definitely felt dry, but not overly so. I felt ok about recoloring it the next day. Word of warning, if you are recoloring you need to pick a shade about 2 shades lighter than what you are going for. The new color will be darker than you expect.
I think this is a good product, and I will def repurchase if the need arises, but their instructions could be more informative.

on 8/5/2010 8:20:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

I have a box of this at home - just in case there is a hair dye disaster! This works great, but smells bad. It is the only thing that I will use to remove hair color. It is a little drying, but as long as you deep condition after, it is fine. I sometimes use it mixed with shampoo (directions for slight color correction in the box). This helps when my hair is looking too dark or ashy at the ends. Otherwise, the full color correction does really work. I have used it both ways. I skip the final processing step which I know a lot of other people do also. I do feel that this final step though is probably important for the porosity of the hair and for even hair dye correction. I used my own ion pre color treatment before re-dying my hair and it still came out great. Your hair will definitely take faster and darker, so when re-coloring after this you should go lighter and watch your hair color process time.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I used to have platinum colored hair and when I couldn't afford to go to the salon to keep up the color any longer I dyed it a dark blonde myself. Fast forward a year and about 40 different brownish to dark brown to red dyes later and I was left with a dark almost black reddish color. I ended up going to a salon before my college graduation to get it all evened out. She left me with a dark cherry color which was pretty but way too stark for my features.

I read a lot about Color Fix and decided to try it. I bought it at Sally's for around $12. I got home and went to work on my hair. I put the mixture on my hair and then put on a processing cap to speed up the results. The instructions allow you to do 3 processes in the same day for 20 minutes a piece. After the first process my hair was an oddly pretty strawberry blonde! It was shiny, pretty even and pretty! I had some spots of darkish color left so I went through one more time and it lightened up even more! It was awesome! I didn't use the processing lotion either, just in case. I did immediately put on a L'Oreal Feria color in a light brown. Perfect!

I have had a little trouble keeping the color in, much like when I first dyed my blonde hair brown. I had to re-dye it today due to my roots becoming so light (my hair is naturally light brown/mousey blonde).

Overall I have not noticed any difference in my hair damage wise. This product was absolutely amazing for me! I was able to go from basically black to light brown in a day! Much better than bleach! Watch out though, it smells like rotten hard boiled eggs. It's well worth it though! I will totally go to this product again if I need to!

I have been dying my naturally "light golden brown"(level 5) hair black for about a year and finally got tired of it. I talked to a lady where I get my haircut about lightening my hair to around a level 4 she said I would have to bleach it and that was seriously the last thing I wanted to do. So I went to Sally's and asked if they had anything to take the black out and the lady gave me this saying it was definately going to take the black out and leave me with orange-ish hair.
After three applications of this each 20 minutes, only my roots, whcih were about 4 inches had gotten a little lighter. Okay, my hair got a LITTLE lighter, by a little I mean now it was black with a red tint. Wonderful.>:[ My hair didn't get too damaged but I still did a protein treatment or something that the lady gave me. I washed my hair like 03947109823 times with Neutrogena Anti-Residue Shampoo and it is a little lighter. Now I'm gunna try ColorZap and see how it works out, I'll update later.:]