CHANEL Mat Lumiere Long Lasting Luminous Matte Fluid Makeup SPF 15 [DISCONTINUED]

Filtered by skin tone : Fair
CHANEL Mat Lumiere Long Lasting Luminous Matte Fluid Makeup SPF 15  [DISCONTINUED]

3.7

on 11/28/2009 11:35:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Best foundation for my skin. Tried virtually everything and I find this is the only one that provides good coverage, doesn't go cakey and it matches my skin like a dream. Very expensive at 28 but worth every penny I feel.

I love this product!! I have sensitive skin that is also acne prone and in the past I've had problems finding something that looks perfect with medium coverage and doesn't make me breakout like crazy. I've used everything from bare minerals to Dior skin flash. But everything came up short. This stuff is the best i have ever found! i will never use anything else! I love it!

on 11/15/2009 10:47:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

The Chanel SA talked me into this when I went in to buy a refill of Pro Lumiere by touting its matte qualities and the "little goes a long way" theory. And the first few times I used it I really liked it-- the consistency was fantastic on my skin and it was infinitely spreadable. I didn't need any primer or base or anything, it spread and blended like a dream. But after about a week I began noticing that the color yellowed out after a few hours on my skin. And it was starting to dry out my skin, especially my under eye area, which just highlighted any fine lines I have. In addition to THAT, I started breaking out like gangbusters. Just ridiculous. So call me crazy, but this went back to Nordstrom.

on 11/9/2009 1:04:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

This is for the liquid Mat Lumiere. Full coverage, quite thick, all tones are yellow based. It has more of a dewy finish rather than mat or natural. This is more masklike than MAC Studio Fix. The finish combined with the thickness of this fluid makes skin texture and pores too obvious. This also contains reflective particles (titanium dioxide, mica) which make it inappropriate for flash photography. There are no benefits to this foundation. It has a pretty bottle, pump, and famous brand name.

This is now one of my Holy Grails foundations. I also wear Pro Lumiere and really like it, but since I have combination skin and an oily t-zone, when I am working long days I need a more mattifying product so I don't have to blot every 2 hours. Which is why I naturally turned to Mat Lumiere.

The packaging is similar to the Pro Lumiere one: glass bottle (don't drop it - that's why I gave packaging a 4) coming with a handy pump, 30ml.
The product is not too liquidy, it has a creamy texture. It's very easy to blend - I use a mac 182 kabuki, which blends effortlessly in 30 seconds. The coverage is medium but easy to build up if you use more product - normal coverage requires 1 squirt, you can use 2 or 3 if you want.

The result is matte but not flat. Once set with powders, it stays in place for about 6 hours I would say, and is easy to touch up with powder.
The finish is beautiful and flawless without looking artificial or siliconey, which I hate.
This is most definitly going to be a staple in my stash, next to its little brother pro Lumiere that I use for evening or special occasions.

this has been my fav foundaion so far, it gices a beautiful matte even coverage, long lasting, i have had mine for over a year and it is only now nearing the end. however, as i have oily skin in the summer it tends to get a little oily. would reccommend it.

on 10/20/2009 7:20:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

I love this foundation! Very long lasting and gives great coverage. It kept me very matte in my oily t-zone all day. My skin looks amazing when I wear this!

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

I have combination, acne-prone, extremely sensitive skin. Anything that touches it has a really high potential of breaking it out! After reading some reviews on Mat Lumiere, I decided to give it a try. It gives a really nice mat finish and the coverage is really really good. I don't even use concealer on my acne scars, just an extra dab for extra coverage. I went from using this sparingly to using it all the time now because Bare Minerals broke me out horribly! I switched back to Mat Lumiere and my skin has never looked better. My cystic acne has gone away (it's also probably because of my Cetaphil Oily Skin Cleanser), now I'm only left with little white bumps on my skin. I'd rather have that than cystic acne any day!

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

This has become my HG foundation. But the first time I used it I hated it... ! I applied it with my fingers and that was no good - it's best applied with a makeup brush, or it may feel sticky, heavy and not spread well. So if you've bought it and hated it - try applying it with a make-up brush before you abandon it, because it is a whole different feeling brushed on! It covers well and one pump is more than enough to cover the whole face so it lasts a long time, making it good value for money.

I have quite an uneven skin tone, very fair, with dark circles under my eyes and reddish cheeks, but it covers up nicely (although I use a MAC concealer on my dark circles as well). You can build it up if you need to. I find the Chanel shade 20 Clair is matches my skin tone very well.

I am impressed since I don't like Chanel foundations. It lasted for 10 hours with 1 touch-up. Just a pump covered my whole face perfectly with a satiny mat finish (not flat or drying). Its consistency is kind of thick and it is one of the foundations which I prefer to apply with my fingers. The best part for me is that I could find a color match in Chanel. The lightest shade here is 20 Clair. I believe there is a 10 in other countries. Usually shade 20 is too dark for me (teint innocence etc), but in this foundation was a good match, although I am NC15. It didn't break me out like other Chanel foundations. It's potential HG foundation, at least for the summer, because I put it on and forget about it. UPDATE: It's a little bit drying on the undereye area and it accentuates any fine lines, even if they are not visible without foundation. I continue to use it on the rest of my face though, because it gives a really flawless look. I am using it for a week now and my skin looks beautiful throughout the day.