Chanel Mat Lumiere Long Lasting Luminous Matte Fluid Makeup SPF 15 [DISCONTINUED]

Chanel Mat Lumiere Long Lasting Luminous Matte Fluid Makeup SPF 15  [DISCONTINUED]

3.7

on 4/26/2012 7:04:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I used to wear vitalumiere and double perfection, I'm so pleased with mat lumiere. Natural 50 is a perfect match for me. I like the pump bottle that gives me just the right amount of foundation. It leaves my skin matte yet dewy. I've had people tell me my skin looks perfect. It is creamy and blends but one must move quickly as it builds quickly. It doesn't require it but finish it off with powder for extra lasting power. It's my go-to foundation for work, going out, and it photographs really well.

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

Upon first application this stuff is beautiful. But it fades pretty quick. It highlighted dry spots and looked cake-a-licious. It settled into pores and creased around my nose and settled into lines i didnt know i had. Lancome's new tient idole 24 hour is better than this and cheaper.

Hair: Black, Curly, Other

(Shade- 04- Beige) It's a wicked foundation. Smells great, feels great and looks great. If you apply it the right way, end result looks immaculate. Great for covering up acne scars, etc. I have taken photos with flash using this foundation and I have noticed my face to come out white..which may be due to the spf..however, I was wearing sun cream under as well..so I'm not entirely sure whether it was due to the foundation or not. I have worn this on a really hot day, was outside most of the day, and had college as well..and noticed my face looked so fresh which is usually unusual cos I normally have to re touch my face at least once in a day! Was suprised everytime I saw my reflection..so the lasting power is pretty good :) Just to warn you, when I first wore the foundation, I noticed to start breaking out..BUT i tried using it again..I mean it is 33, didn't wanna chuck it away..my face didn't react after..so at least try it a few times before chucking it away..you might be a little bit sensitive.

on 3/20/2012 5:36:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

No. No. & NO. a SA suggested this for my oily skin at the chanel counter so I bought this in natural. This was way too heavy of a foundation in my skin. I am more of a light foundation person. My face looked too made up and this made my skin break out like crazy! As for oil control I don't think it did a good job either. It caked up around my cheek area and forehead. I could tell the first time I put it on that my skin couldn't breathe at all. Not to mention how expensive it was. This was crap to me. Not worth the break outs.

I am studying in the Netherlands for a year and ran out of my Laura Mercier Oil-Free Tinted Moisturizer. I couldn't find that brand anywhere over here, and due to the lack of sun, I've become the palest I've ever been, so I did not want to order my same shade and it be too dark. I popped into a local Sephora and decided to treat myself and try Chanel, figuring it would be hassle-free to find something that was just as good on my skin as the Laura Mercier was.

It is very hard for me to match foundation shades to my pale but deceptively beige skin. For example, Lancome always comes out too pink on me. I must say, I purchased the Mat Lumiere in 20 (Clair), and was worried it would be too pale...the first time I applied it at home, it almost made me look dead...it seemed to apply so white/grayish. But, after it dried, and I applied my translucent powder, and then blush, it looked perfect! The real test for me has been the different types of light...sometimes, even when a foundation color matches, I'll end up somewhere in natural light, look in a mirror and realize for the first time how awful the color is. Not so with the Mat Lumiere!

However, my issue is with the matte-ness of the foundation itself. I have combo skin (normal everywhere, oily T-zone), and this stuff really dries out my cheeks/chin area. So, all my normal parts look dry, unfortunately. This is disappointing...it seemed to work so well on my T-zone (by the end of the day, I still have makeup on my nose!) and color-wise, but the rest of my face is dry and cakey. For such an expensive foundation, it shouldn't be so finnicky. This is the sole reason why I won't repurchase. In the meantime, I'm going to try something (I don't know what!) to figure out how to wear this without it drying out my skin as I can't return it.

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I love this foundation (40 Beige). It provides absolutely flawless coverage, minimizes pores, and makes skin look luminous while also providing long-lasting coverage (I have to blot after about six hours due to my very oily skin.) I set this with a very light dusting of the Double Perfection Natural Matte Powder (110 Light Beige); however, I also use Mac Blot (Medium-Dark) or the Rimmel Stay Matte Pressed Powder (003 Natural) with great results.

I switch between this and Diorskin Airflash, Diorskin Forever Flawless Perfection, Georgio Armani Luminous Silk, Guerlain Parure Extreme, and Revlon Colorstay. I generally only use my fingertips for application and blending.

Pros:
1. Flawless coverage
2. Build-able coverage
3. Luminous finish
4. Long-lasting

Cons:
1. Price

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Coarse

I work at a Chanel makeup counter, so I decided to take home a sample of the Mat Lumiere foundation since I have such oily skin. Never in my life had I seen such amazing oil control from a foundation! I can have it on for hours and have barely any oil, which is saying something because I usually have to blot and powder my face about an hour after my makeup application. Great buildable coverage, it never looks cakey on my skin. It matches my skin tone perfectly and feels so nice on my face. Only problem I have with it is that it's a bit pricey, but I'm paying for the quality also! A definite must for people who want a long wearing, oil control foundation.

on 3/13/2012 12:14:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

one of my favorite foundation, doesn't clog pores or cause any breakouts, and it lasts forever. it leaves my skin glowing which is a huge plus and conceals my acne scars really well! however i do notice that it's can be slightly tricky when it comes to blending and will cause patchiness without proper blending, which consumes more time compared to other foundation.

on 2/26/2012 3:42:00 AM

On the search for the perfect foundation for my skin that would - last all day, not disappear or slide off my t-zone, and survive in hot humid weather - I decided to wander over to the Chanel counter to try Mat Lumiere. Yes, I know this is pricey, but let's be honest, you can skimp on blush, lipstick, eyeshadows and eyeliner, but for a good foundation that lasts all day - I am willing to pay.

I got a sample of Clair 20, as I am very pale. To make the test fair, I did not use any moisturiser (as this can affect lasting power). And I used a sample of a Lancome Pro Base primer on half my face to see if there would be any visible difference with using the primer. The primer made the foundation easy to spread around the face, but I found minimal difference in the long-lasting wear of the mat lumiere on my face.

As for Mat Lumiere - it applied easily. I set it with loose powder, added some blush and went about my usual day. I was in and out of a hot humid outside, and airconditioning inside.

I am impressed! The foundation has lasted well over 10 hours on my skin. Sure, it isn't as "perfectly matte" as when I first applied it, but you can still tell I am wearing foundation. After 6 hours, my oily t-zone made the foundation look slightly shiny (not greasy, just slight shine). The foundation on the other areas of my face was still perfect. I resisted the urge to add more powder, to see how long this foundation would last... it really does last - over 10 hours (After 10 hours my nose just starts to look like I have nothing on it, my t-zone is shiny, but it still looks good on my cheeks)...

As for transfer, there is minimal transfer on my iphone or clothes - so this is a big plus compared to Revlon Colourstay which, although it survives the hot weather, it transfers on everything.

I am disappointed in the lack of colour range offered by Chanel. I found the Clair 20 just slightly too dark for me - but I could warm up my pale neck colour with a bit of bronzer and it looks fine.

So my search for a good foundation is now over. It is pricey, but I think its worth the price.

on 2/12/2012 11:06:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

I had high hopes for this foundation. I have oily thus acne prone skin. I got a sample from my local Chanel counter and the MUA matched me up with shade 50 Naturel. I applied it with a damp sponge and dabbed it on my face concentrating on problem areas and then blended to a smooth finish. First impressions were great, it covered well, colour match was good and it smoothed out pores and fine lines. So far, so good. However, after 7 hours of wear I have blotted at least 4 times and re-powdered at least 5. It was a bummer because the coverage when I applied it looked amazing. Thank goodness I asked for sample because I would not be purchasing this foundation based on my experience. Until I find my HG foundation, I'll be back on my Revlon Colorstay.

**Update: I am trying out different primers with this and for me I found that it worked ok with MAC's prep and prime. It hasn't transferred as much when I go to blot the oils off my face. I would reconsider purchasing the full size bottle but I still wouldn't run to the nearest Chanel counter anytime too soon.