L'Oreal Telescopic Carbon Black

L'Oreal Telescopic Carbon Black

on 12/14/2015 11:33:00 AM

I usually love and only use L'Oreal mascaras but this one was such a disaster. My HG ones are voluminous carbon black and miss manga. I wanted to try this because all my friends love it and the reviews seemed good but I honestly hated hated hated this mascara!!! First time I tried it, my eyelashes look so sad and pathetic I had to top it off with another mascara. Not sure if it's because I'm so use to the voluminous mascaras but when my friend wears this her eyelashes look amazing so I tried her suggestion with using it for a week or two so enough air gets into it and makes it apply better but nope.. nothing, makes my eyelashes look thin, and gives no curl, my eyelashes seemed to take on a lot of product (no matter how much I scrapped off the brush), they would clump a bit and flakes like crazy. I usually like a no make-up look and thought this would be a little perfect but the formula or the brush drives me insane, I really can't describe it but this mascara was a miss for me. I forever regret buying it as I didn't wait for it to be on sale. I gave this mascara a month (wore it maybe 3 times a week alone) before I dumped this thing in my trash can.

on 11/27/2015 1:26:00 PM

It took me a while to find this mascara. I bought the voluminous one by mistake at one point but returned it without using it because this was the one I wanted. First, the wand is very strange. I can't really call it a brush because it isn't one. It's rubber and overly flexible so I have to be careful with it, and it applies A LOT of product. My lashes wind up so clumpy that I have to have a clean spoolie right there to go through my lashes with because I can't afford to wait until the clumps dry. As for longevity, it seems to last all day, but it smears and it flakes (though only a little) and primer doesn't help or hurt so I don't bother with it. I used this mascara for 6 weeks, which is a long time for me (I usually throw mascara away after 2-3 weeks) and finally had to throw it away in September because it is too hard to remove. Even after using BB longwear eye makeup remover, KGD spa cleansing water, a makeup remover wipe, and rinsing thoroughly with water, I would wind up with mascara on my pillowcase and smudges of mascara under my eyes the next day.

on 11/24/2015 9:16:00 PM

This is my absolute holy grail mascara. I've been using it for years and will never ever switch! Naturally I have long and thick lashes, and this does wonders to them. I like my mascara to be a little bit clumpy, and I think that might be why I love this product so much. It might not be a good option for those who like to apply one coat and go, but it is my absolute favorite thing ever.

on 11/5/2015 1:02:00 AM

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

This mascara has two pros: it's very black, and it's inexpensive, aside from that it's pretty much garbage. The length it adds is minimal, it will not hold a curl, and it both smudges AND flakes at the same time. I've probably worn this mascara 20 times or so and every time I end up with stick-straight lashes and black smudges and flakes around my eyes. Will not repurchase.

on 10/8/2015 7:42:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

It's worth trying! Nice and dark, does not flake or clump. I find the wand to be good because I have sparse lashes and those giant wands just don't get in there for me. This wand is slightly flexible and thinner. Honestly, it's smooth enough I don't need to comb through with a spoolie after application!

on 10/6/2015 11:12:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

Nice mascara overall. Does lengthen but not much volume. Also it did not hold my curl and that's really important for me. Does not smudge and it's really dark which I like. It's not bad but there are better ones out there.

on 10/5/2015 6:23:00 PM

I found this mascara to be just okay. Pretty disappointing considering I've really liked every other L'Oreal mascara I've tried (Voluminous, Voluminous Million Lashes Excess, Double Extend, Voluminous Manga). I was excited to try this after reading all the positive reviews on here. For starters, I don't like the wand at all. I don't think I've ever liked a small wand. This mascara also didn't give me any volume or much length. My lashes look separated but still sort of clumped together..kinda hard to explain. I also find that it feels kinda tacky all day, like it never completely dries.

on 9/29/2015 3:11:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Fine

This is one of my favourite drugstore mascaras which I have tried. The wand takes some getting used to but I feel as though the wand comb ensures that all of my lashes are properly coated.

It gives my lashes a lot of length but I have found that I need to use other mascaras to gain some volume. It definitely stays true to its name - 'carbon black' fits it perfectly.

I would repurchase, however i seem to have abandoned all my mascaras for the Too Faced Better than Sex mascara, my bad!

on 9/15/2015 4:09:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Relaxed, Fine

This is the only mascara I've been using for the past 5 years so I've gone through quite many of these. I've tried other ones ofc but they've always ended up being my lower lash mascaras. I don't have to curl my lashes when I use this, it's very black and lengthening.

on 8/28/2015 7:56:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I have been using this mascara for about a week. I love it! I don't have straight lashes but not really curly either. I hate messing with eyelash curlers and wear glass 24/7. This mascara curls my lashes with one coat and last an entire work day. You can actually see my lashes behind my glasses!The brush is small so you can get teeny tiny lashes without getting product everywhere. Also, it doesn't flake or smudge! Even in hot, humid weather (90's+)! Woot, woot! I was using Ultra mascara and saw that it had smudged under my eyes, not attractive at all. If

One con: It is a very wet formula. . .an eyelash separator is pretty handy. I usually warm up my mascara while driving to work by putting between my seat and my leg. It typically discourages clumping but I am thinking with this mascara you could swipe it cold and it wouldn't clump.