L'Oreal Paris Telescopic Carbon Black

L'Oreal Paris Telescopic Carbon Black

Before I first bought this product I was using mascaras in the £5.99 price bracket. I first picked it up because it was under a special offer and I had heard a lot of people raving about this mascara.

At first the brush baffled me, I was under the impression that a bigger brush = bigger lashes, I was wrong. The first use was not the best, the brush being so small allows you to get quite a lot of the actual mascara onto your lashes and at first it was a bit tricky to distribute it evenly across my eye, I would end up with a blob in one area but after about the third use I was used to applying it and loved the effect.

It really prevents your eyelashes clumping an separates them perfectly. The small brush allows you to get right to the base of your lashes preventing that horrid pale gap which can be really noticeable if you wear black eyeliner. It is especially good for the lower lashes as I always found these would be more noticeably clumpy!

This mascara is also so good for layering due to the great separation of lashes the brush gives which gives your eyes a really defined, dramatic look. So if it doesn't feel right at first, keep trying with it and it will soon become a firm favourite!

Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Not Sure

I was at the DS looking for a new mascara and as I walked past the l'oreal section looking for my voluminous carbon black mascara I saw the telescopic and remembered all the craze over this mascara. So I picked it up and gave it a try the next day. My initial thoughts like most people, is that the brush is very small. However, I personally like smaller, thinner brushes. I curled my lashes and then applied the mascara. I noticed immediately the formula was very wet and made my curl fall out instantly. I kept applying the mascara like I usually do and then I began noticing these tiny little clumps close to the roots of my lashes. I thought maybe using a different mascara would help take them away but that just made it worse so I combed through my lashes with a small lash comb. That helped a little but it did take a while. After, I recurled my lashes and that's when I fell in love. Up close next to a mirror my lashes looked okay but from far away they looked very voluminous and LONG. I have very thin short lashes but this mascara made them look fantastic. No smudging, slight flaking but I can look past it bexcuse of the way my lashes looked. I would say give it a try if you see it! I'd buy this one over the regular carbon black mascara any day!!

on 2/5/2016 2:49:00 PM

I love this mascara!! My holy grail mascara. I love how it lengthens my lashes and how voluminous it makes them. I love the formula not so thick and it doesn't clump them. I wear several coats of mascara and it makes them look so full. I have a tutorial using this mascara

on 2/5/2016 1:18:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

The best mascara everrr ❤️

on 1/31/2016 9:08:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Medium Brown, Not Sure

I didn't realize how much I loved this mascara until I started trying other ones.

This one lengthens and separates my already somewhat thick lashes without clumping or giving me spider lashes, which I hate. My lashes don't feel crunchy, sticky, or brittle. Once it dries, it doesn't smudge and give me raccoon eyes. It won't smear if I accidentally rub my eyes and won't give me those weird black "eye boogers" (ew).

This isn't great for curl, but I don't really mind. It's still literally the only mascara I wear because (a) it works, and (b) it doesn't screw with my eyes, as a contact wearer.

on 1/27/2016 7:47:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hands down one of the best mascara's I've ever used....have tried a lot of different ones including high end and drugstore. The wand is very skinny and small but gives amazing length and definition. Great product for sure!

on 1/27/2016 4:12:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I wasn't sure how I was going to like the brush but I ended up really loving it. The color is a great deep black and it doesn't bleed after all day wear. Definitely would repurchase and add to the rotation.

on 1/20/2016 3:26:00 AM

I was really, really disappointed with this product after hearing several people rave about it. I seem to be in the minority who LOVES the wand - I find that it distributes a good amount of product on the top lashes and it makes bottom lashes super easy.

But... my first application was super clumpy. Second was even worse. Throughout the day, the mascara smudged like crazy onto my under eyes. My concealer was gone after wiping away mascara at LEAST three times in the one day.

I've given this product several chances. I've used it almost every day for a week. I've tried using ABH lash genius to make it waterproof in hopes of no smudging to no avail. I'm keeping the wand because I love it but the formula? Not so much. Probably passing on to a friend.

This product is also pretty pricey in Australia. About $27. I much prefer my Maybelline colossal formula which is about $20 but often on sale at Priceline, Big W and Chemist Warehouse.

on 1/14/2016 10:55:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Of all the drugstore mascaras and even several high end ones I've tried, this one takes the cake no question. It adds length and volume and is the perfect shade, but unlike some i've tried before, doesn't give me spider lashes with more than one coat.

It usually doesn't take more than two coats for me, however, especially if I curl my lashes first. It's effects last, too, as I've noticed after wearing it for 12 plus hours a day my lashes still look gorgeous.

In conclusion, I'm in love. :)

I really love the formula, but not the wand. The formula is amazing, it doesn't flake, and after 2 months of use, it's still wet. It also washes off really well with just water.

The wand gives me spider lashes, and there is always too much product on it, which is hard to scrape back into the tube because the wand is bendy.

To get the best out of it, I apply it to both my upper lashes, then immediately comb it out with my old mascara wand (classic spoolie). This separates my lashes and takes off some of the extra product, then I do the same to my lower. The outcome is thick, separated, and fully coated lashes. Looks like falsies :)