L'Oreal Paris Telescopic Mascara - Carbon Black

Filtered by skin tone : Fair
L'Oreal Paris Telescopic Mascara - Carbon Black

3.8

on 2/2/2012 8:38:00 PM

I actually really liked this product out of all the drugstore mascaras Ive tried. I loved the regular gold telescopic but it just wasnt thick enough for me. This makes it almost perfect gives great length and pretty deep color. Im a mascara perfectionist so I got bored with this quickly and decided it wasnt right for me. But I deff would recomend this for a lower end mascara

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

The brush only has four bristles on it, so it caused a lot of clumping of lashes into one big lash. But this mascara provided a lot of length for my lashes (which is what I personally was not looking for) and some volume. The mascara quality itself is pretty good. The packaging is good, the tube is shaped like a telescope, which I find is cool. Overall, this is a fine product. If stubble length and volume is what you are looking for, this mascara is not for you.
I would not purchase again because I was not looking for what it offered.

on 1/11/2012 11:43:00 PM

After receiving a bounty of gift cards for Christmas, I headed to the local CVS in search of a new HG mascara. I ended up walking out with three, but for the purposes of this review I will only address LíOrealís Telescopic in Carbon Black.

What I had to work with: Average-to-long blonde eyelashes.

What it claims to do: This mascara claims to lengthen lashes with a dramatic effect due to the carbon pigments.

Price: I had a gift card, but it was $10.99 at CVS. It would be cheaper to buy it at Walgreens or Wal-Mart.

Packaging: Gorgeous sleek black tube fashioned to look like, you guessed it, a telescope. I wasnít sure which end to open so I tried with much chagrin to open the bottom. It didnít work.

Scent: This mascara has a peanut odor mixed with fresh tar. Not a good description, but itís the best Iíve got.

Consistency: This is a very runny mascara. Iíve only had it for a few days, so Iím hoping it will dry out.

Effect on my lashes: The first time I tried it, I was disappointed. It clumped at the base of my lashes, effectively making them look shorter. I gave it another go the second day and had more luck. My lashes lengthened considerably but not without a few drawbacks. The wand is difficult to use because of its sparsely spiked exterior and makes for a tedious application. My lashes were crunchy and prone to clumping by the second coat, and a comb was needed (which I never need.)

Overall impression: Not worth the price. Nice black color, but too difficult to apply and too crunchy. If youíre looking for defined lengthening, look elsewhere.

on 12/14/2011 5:59:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I want to give this 3 1/2 stars. I think has one of the cleanest finishes I've ever seen in a mascara, especially for L'Oreal. It also makes my lashes super long, and I do mean, rediculously long. However, I feel like sometimes it clumps my lashes together just a little bit. Also, doesn't give me any volume, which I wasn't expecting, but I thought maybe it wouldn't look like I had less lashes. I'd buy this again because it's nice, but I'm not all over it because I have very long lashes, but sparse ones. Yes, I know that this mascara wasn't meant for me, but I just wanted to see what the hype was all about, and it's pretty good. :)

on 11/14/2011 12:11:00 AM

Well, I have mixed feelings towards this one. At first, it made me lash all stuck together and looked like I had only a few lashes. I read someone's review on this and said that you should apply this mascara with the tip of the wand. I tried it and it helped a lot. This mascara DOES great job on lengthening, but it doesn't separate very well ( I guess I still don't apply it the best way maybe). It DOESN'T hold a curl because he formula is really wet. I usually use L'Oreal bare natural under and then use telescopic for lengthening after bare natural dries. I might repurchase (kind of pricey) but I'd like to try the telescopic in clean definition first since i heard the clean definition has drier formula.

on 9/18/2011 5:52:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

This one's awesome for lengthening. I have very short, sparse lashes--this really makes a difference. I love the brush--very neat application.

on 8/10/2011 12:29:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

So far this has been the best mascara I have used in terms of making my eyelashes look great (makes my eyelashes look longer slightly thicker and very dramatic) BUT, and this is why I've given it a 3, it smudges like crazy I'd only been wearing it for 2hrs and by the time I got home it had traveled about 1cm under my eyes making me look horrible (it wasn't hot, I hadn't been crying nor rubbing my eyes) and also this mascara irritated my eyes, I've never experienced this with a mascara before but whilst wearing this my eyes were stinging. I haven't trialed using a waterproof mascara on top yet to see if it stops this mascara migrating south but I'll update when I do, other then that I think I'll just save this for special occasions when I want to look great (with the price of constant touch up and stinging eyes lol).

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other

Great mascara!

I got this for christmas last year, and my first impression was that it's just a cheap mascara with no effect. But impressions were wrong.. This one is fabulous! I use it everyday, because it gives my lashes great length and volume. It's also a very nice black colour. The brush is amazing, and it takes only seconds to apply. This mascara is also kind of cheap, so that's a plus. Usually I'm not into L`Oreal products, but as I said, this one is great. I will definitely buy this one again, because it's perfect for everyday use.

on 7/23/2011 7:13:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

I'm not too crazy about this. Like most L'Oreal mascaras I've tried I just found this ok. The telescope packaging is cute and it is a very deep black like the name implies. The brush is a weird rectangular shape with tiny comb-like teeth. The formula is very wet and combined with the weird brush it makes quite a mess. I admit I am a messy mascara applier but this was worse than usual. It did leave my lashes long and soft but only after I brushed through them with a clean Lash Blast brush. I would not repurchase and I doubt I will finish my tube. For lengthening I much prefer Rimmel Lash Accelerator or Maybelline Lash Stilletto.

on 7/9/2011 8:01:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I love this mascara! The first time I used it, I was amazed. My eyelashes looked fake and I loved it. It is so easy to build length with Telescopic, and the skinny rectangular brush is wonderful. It wears well and I love how dark it is. I recently ran out and decided to try Voluminous Million Lashes to see how it compares, but it definitely does not lengthen my lashes the way Telescopic does. I will be repurchasing Telescopic very soon!