L'Oreal Paris Telescopic Mascara - Carbon Black

Filtered by skin tone : Fair
L'Oreal Paris Telescopic Mascara - Carbon Black

3.8

on 10/5/2015 6:23:00 PM

I found this mascara to be just okay. Pretty disappointing considering I've really liked every other L'Oreal mascara I've tried (Voluminous, Voluminous Million Lashes Excess, Double Extend, Voluminous Manga). I was excited to try this after reading all the positive reviews on here. For starters, I don't like the wand at all. I don't think I've ever liked a small wand. This mascara also didn't give me any volume or much length. My lashes look separated but still sort of clumped together..kinda hard to explain. I also find that it feels kinda tacky all day, like it never completely dries.

on 9/15/2015 4:09:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Relaxed, Fine

This is the only mascara I've been using for the past 5 years so I've gone through quite many of these. I've tried other ones ofc but they've always ended up being my lower lash mascaras. I don't have to curl my lashes when I use this, it's very black and lengthening.

on 2/19/2015 4:10:00 PM

Hair: Other, Kinky, Medium

So the reason I gave this a 4 and not a 5 is for one reason only, because I honestly love this mascara. The reason why is because this mascara is only good for making your eyelashes look extremely long, not for making them fuller. Although I believe that no one should buy a mascara that costs more than this because this mascara is great, I just wish I could find a mascara that would make my eyelashes look full as well. I've tried covergirl and maybelline, but those just didn't do anything for my lashes. This is the best mascara I have yet to find and I recommend this to anyone, but I will keep looking for a mascara that will make my eyelashes look less like spider legs and more like eyelashes :P

Wow! This stuff is good stuff. I've been searching for a drugstore mascara for what feels like years. I'm on my second tube of this and it has really impressed me. The packaging is fantastic; it is slim and inoffensive (I'm looking at you, Maybelline!)... the formula is lovely. It adds length and fullness yet never clumps. The best part is that it doesn't smudge, even after a long day, which is an issue for me, yet amazingly it washes off with a little warm water between the fingertips. Hello vixen eyes for half the price! xx

on 4/5/2014 9:23:00 PM

This would have to be one of the only drugstore mascaras that I can tolerate using. Normally I donít try drugstore mascaras (because of MANY previous disappointments), but I heard good reviews about this on YouTube. The price is great, I think it was about $12.99 in Canada and often it will go on buy one get one free. I usually look for more of a lengthening effect in mascara; Iím less concerned about volume. This mascara gave very good length, and moderate volume. The problem I have with Telescopic is that I find it can look spidery in a hurry. I use a lash comb to separate my lashes, but sometimes it is difficult to achieve that pretty, separated look I am going for. The brush is a plastic comb-like brush, which I quite liked; it didnít hurt my inner eyelids as so many plastic brushes do. The name is also spot-on, it is extremely pigmented and VERY black! I would repurchase this if I was on a tight budget and couldnít afford department store mascara, but as of now I wonít be recommending it to anyone.

on 12/26/2013 9:24:00 PM

So black! This does exactly what I love. Length, length, length! Not clumpy at all. Pretty wet formula, but that actually is good because it gives you plenty of time to work through your eyelashes and lengthen them to your satisfaction. Separates like a dream and thickens just enough to not make things difficult

Bought this based on the reviews here, and I gotta say, I'm pretty dang impressed! Makes my lashes look SUPER long and full and the curl stays all day! They look just as long and luxe at 5pm as they did at 8am when I applied! My only slight complaint is that it's a bit hard to build with the formula - if you're not careful, you could easily end up with spider lashes. Also, make no mistake, this is for people who like DRAMA lashes! If you want natural, feather-y, "these are my natural lashes" lashes, this is not the mascara for you. I prefer the drama though, so for me, for this price, L'Oreal's got a winner here.

This really does a fantastic job of making my lashes appear longer; I've tried a good few mascaras and this wins hands down. I was amazed! It holds a curl well and intensely darkens my lashes. I found the small flexible brush really easy to use in applying the mascara; it really 'grabbed' all my lashes. As long as I wipe a little of the excess mascara off the wand prior to application and then comb through my lashes afterwards, I get well-separated, clump-free lashes. This mascara doesn't do much for me in terms of volume, but in any case it's marketed as a lengthening mascara.

For me, the only negative is it often smudges a little after a few hours' wear, but I can put up with that as it's otherwise excellent.

on 4/5/2013 12:01:00 PM

I absolutely love this mascara and I will never buy any other type. I have tried the golden telescopic mascara before and I was pretty happy about it. However, this one makes me addicted. It thickens and extend my lashes instantly and it takes about 30 seconds to make my lashes look amazing. I have dark eyes and I use smokey-black eye pencil so the deep black shade of the mascara suits me very well. It is definitely worth the price (though it would be great if it got a little bit cheaper)!!

This is "meh". I wish it went on a bit lighter. This formula goes on heavy, at least for me. I get TONS of mascara on my lashes, then they look clumpy, and using a lash comb doesn't make that much of a difference. I think I could still get the longer/darker lash look without the product getting piled on.

One thing this has going for it is the brush. I really like the brush! It's great for getting the lashes at either end of my eyes. I just wish the formula didn't clump and goop. If I could have this brush with the formula of some of Cover Girl's mascaras, I'd be happy.