L'Oreal Paris Telescopic Mascara - Carbon Black

Filtered by skin tone : Fair
L'Oreal Paris Telescopic Mascara - Carbon Black

3.8

on 2/18/2011 7:08:00 PM

A good mascara, it does what it says, gives a decent bit of length and is super black. Flaking is minimal which is good as before I had been using L'Oreal Lash Million mascara and the flaking was dreadful. This however, stays put. My only complaint is it doesn't hold a curl as well as it could, it isn't massively bad however and one can easily get past this.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

hate it!! i have used it alot of times, tried many techniques but it does not matter what i do i end up with spidery CLUMPED eyelashes. The product is quite wet too. Its is so gross i wanted to love it but it just does nothing for me. it droops my curl. No VOLUME!! Worst of all i end up with clumped lashes, it puts my lashes into teams and it looks messy and ugly. It may lengthen but it means nothing when you get ugly spider lashes. I have noticed though when i do my first eye it clumps almost immediately, but when i go onto the next eye without getting anymore product on the brush, it doesnt clump as much and looks much better. So i think it is the wet formula combined with the brush ( it has four lines of bristles) that grabs a lot of product and makes it clumpy. The brush with maybe a drier formula would do better, or the formula with a completely different brush.

on 4/18/2010 10:54:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

It took me a little while to get the hang of applying this. It has a plastic wand with four rows of bristles, but the bristles themselves don't hold any product so you don't get very far by positioning the wand so that only the bristles catch the lashes. Instead, you need to apply the mascara using the flat part of the brush and use the bristle parts to separate - at least that's what I've found.

This adds a very impressive amount of length and is a very true black. It doesn't add much volume, but adds a bit more oomph than other lengthening mascaras I've tried. I haven't noticed any smudging or flaking, and, for a non-waterproof mascara, I find this holds a curl pretty well. The packaging is so cute too, they've made it look like a little telescope! My only complaint is that it adds slightly less volume than I'd like and also that it's priced pretty high for a drugstore mascara. Otherwise this is a great product and well worth trying.

I really, really wanted to like this, because as far as I can remember, I liked the original telescopic, and what can be better than clean, long and defined lashes? Unfortunately I couldn't even go out with it on once. This mascara clumped my lashes into teams, making it look like I had about five really fat lashes. And to top it off, the wet formula of this completely flattened the curl I put into my lashes using my Shu Umeura curler. I know a lot of people liked this, but this is just my honest experience with this mascara, on my average lashes.

on 1/22/2010 6:03:00 PM

I bought this because my friends were using this product as their daily mascara. When I first used the brush it clumped like crazy and didn't do anything except make my lashes look messy. I don't like this product at all. It was a big mess for me. I don't recommend you using this or buying it again.

on 10/4/2009 11:05:00 PM

Very dissapointed with this product. After applying this I end up having just 6 very long spider legs. My eyelashes looked better without it.

I picked up this mascara in my search for some solid drugstore products that are comparable to my high end ones. I read that this was a dupe for the YSL Babydoll mascara. The wand is very similar and it is very lengthening. It also does a decent job of separating. It was a bit wet though and took a few days to get good. I can say it is a very good mascara. I don't think it's a dupe for the YSL because I do feel like YSL does a better job of thickening my lashes as well as separating and lengthening. I would definitely purchase this mascara again.

on 6/11/2017 12:10:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Why has this got such a good rating? It's awful. It's very wet, the bristles are so tiny that you and up clumping your lashes together. It also smudges very easily. Do not waste your money.

This is the best mascara on the market. For reference I have super long thick eyelashes, this is just amazing for me, Ive tried every single mascara from the drugstore. I absolutely love this, its super black and it makes my eyelashes so long that they touch my eyebrows!

on 11/24/2015 9:16:00 PM

This is my absolute holy grail mascara. I've been using it for years and will never ever switch! Naturally I have long and thick lashes, and this does wonders to them. I like my mascara to be a little bit clumpy, and I think that might be why I love this product so much. It might not be a good option for those who like to apply one coat and go, but it is my absolute favorite thing ever.