L'Oreal Paris Telescopic Mascara - Carbon Black

3.8

on 8/28/2015 7:56:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I have been using this mascara for about a week. I love it! I don't have straight lashes but not really curly either. I hate messing with eyelash curlers and wear glass 24/7. This mascara curls my lashes with one coat and last an entire work day. You can actually see my lashes behind my glasses!The brush is small so you can get teeny tiny lashes without getting product everywhere. Also, it doesn't flake or smudge! Even in hot, humid weather (90's+)! Woot, woot! I was using Ultra mascara and saw that it had smudged under my eyes, not attractive at all. If

One con: It is a very wet formula. . .an eyelash separator is pretty handy. I usually warm up my mascara while driving to work by putting between my seat and my leg. It typically discourages clumping but I am thinking with this mascara you could swipe it cold and it wouldn't clump.

on 4/8/2014 8:34:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

One of my favorite mascaras, including high end. Very black, very glossy. Nice and moist without being too wet. Gives great separation while not sacrificing any volume. Long, thick, defined lashes. A friend of mine even remarked "Your eyelashes look great!" while I was wearing this, and I have loads of mascaras.

I LOVE this mascara. It's the best I've ever used. It makes my lashes so long and thick (with 3 coats), and separated. I have people ask me regularly if I'm wearing falsies. The brush is perfect for separating. I've tried mascaras of all kinds - $5-$50, and this is by far the best I've ever found, and I go back to it every time.

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

Amazing. One of my favorite mascara's of all-time. Before I discovered this mascara my all-time favorite was L'Oreal's Voluminous. However, with that mascara I find that it smudges when I wear in on my lower lashes (even the waterproof formula!) so I was having to use a different mascara on the bottom lashes to avoid this. Although this mascara isn't as volumizing, it does give good volume while beautifully separates and lengthens my lashes. AND it doesn't smudge or flake at all. I'm obsessed.

on 7/10/2013 2:45:00 AM

I tried this mascara by chance, I had finished my and I bought another one without trying it...really risky!
I don't put on mascara very often, so I don't have a "technique" to put it.
I immediately liked the shape of the applicator, I had no need to clean it to remove the excess mascara, because it had just the right amount of mascara.
I've put on the lashes and, like magic, the eyelashes appeared longer and very black! With just one pass!
I recommend this mascara, it's fantastic!

on 8/18/2012 1:30:00 AM

This is my HG mascara. I have repurchased it about 5 or 6 times now and will continue to do so. Lengthens like crazy, makes the lashes look super dark, doesn't smudge or flake. The price is pretty reasonable too (12 in Estonia). I have tried many other mascaras, including high end ones like YSL, Estee Lauder etc, but have always returned to this. Love!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

I like the tiny brush but the formula is too wet and thus it destroys my curl I put in with my eyelash curler and it ends up making my fine lashes look like less than they are, like I have fewer lashes than I have--who wants that? It does last well but it doesn't do much for my lashes overall. I won't buy this again because I know I can do better and let's face it, it wasn't free which is the ONLY way I would use this again.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Kinky, Medium

Cancelled trains are the bain of my (credit card's) life, because I hang around Boots for half an hour at a time, pondering the best 3-for-2 offers, checking my Makeupalley app, putting things in and taking things out of my wire basket. On one such occasion I ended up with this, which was fanciful of me because the original Telescopic irritated my eyes.
This doesn't at all, and neither does it flake. It lasts as well as my favourite mascaras - Diorshow Extase, Clinique High Impact, Estee Lauder Sumptuous. It lengthens very well, but does clump on application, so needs agitation to seperate lashes. I find the brush most tedious, and have on occasion used a different mascara wand, which is a pain but overcomes the one negative aspect of the product.

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

I really wanted to like this, and I had high hopes that the special wand would help me get the little lashes in the corners...

but it just clumps sooo bad!!!! : ( and that is a no go...

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Warm

I love this mascara, but I will say upfront that it is not volumizing. If you are looking for a mascara to thicken sparse lashes, this is not the mascara for you.

That said...that's exactly why I like it.

I have very thick, dense lashes that are reasonably long, but not as long as they were in my youth. My problem is that almost every mascara either makes them clump like crazy, or gives them this oddly messy, unruly look that drives me insane.

What I need is a product that grooms and defines while adding length but not building volume. I want something that gives my lashes a tidy uniform look and gives me back that va-va voom length that Mother Nature has taken away. (while somehow seeing fit to bestow me with superfluous chin and nose hair, the cruel, capricious bitch)

I really can't say if it's the brush or the formula, but for whatever reason, this mascra does exactly what I want it to do.

Yes, the formulation is fairly wet and somewhat thin. That's why it works for me. If you have sparse lashes, it will probably only succeed in gluing those you have together into a few pathetic little spikes. But for someone with thick dense lashes, the formula is perfect. I found it easy to build the length with absolutely no clumping whatsoever. Again, I don't know if it's the formulation or the brush, but I suspect it's a combination of the two.

My only complaint is that it's not very water resistant at all. Notice I did not say water *proof*. I dislike waterproof mascaras because even with a good eye makeup remover, they are hard on the lashes. But I do like a mascara that can stand up to the normal and expected moisture that is present in the eye area. It performed well through a very intense workout without smearing, but ran when a few random raindrops hit my face. I do like that it's easy to remove however. I think it's going to be very gentle on my lashes, which is a good thing, especially as they are definitely changing with age and becoming more brittle and less lush.

Overall I'm very pleased with this product and will definitely repurchase.