L'Oreal Paris Telescopic Mascara - Carbon Black

Filtered by skin tone : Fair
L'Oreal Paris Telescopic Mascara - Carbon Black

3.8

LOVE !!! Best out. Favourite mascara, used to use lancome hypnose but this has come on first coz it lasts way longer is cheaper and very good quality.
Pros:
- fantastic length
- shiny and DARK black
- dramatic
- buildable
- wet formula which I prefer
- volume!!!!! You need to use the brush properly. I swear I get compliments on the thickness. Everyone asks what mascara I use.
- cheap compared to department store

Cons:
- none if you know how to
Properly apply

Application tips:
1. Use the flat side !!!! Most people use the comb but if you want volume too flat side. Hold it at the base of your lashes and push towards eyelid. Hold for 4 secs
2. GENTLY stroke up . This makes curl and let's tge formula stick to tips of lashes.
3. Let dry for 40secs. Its a wet formula so make sure it's nearly dry but not complety
4. Add 1 to 2 additional coats accordingly by stroke lightly upwards. Don't wiggle.
5. If you curl when dry your lashes will look fake :) but only on nights out coz it's damaging to do it all the time.

on 5/24/2011 6:46:00 PM

This smudged after an hour. Hated this product.

on 3/22/2009 11:31:00 AM

personally i LOVE this mascara i cant rave about it enough, the brush does look weird but its angled to actually fit the shape of your eyelashes i find, you wiggle it through your eyelashes and a deep black colour comes out aswell as seperating the lashes and curling but not over curling. its a rubber brush so you can work with it well,and in the uk your looking around 10 not bad and i will keep buying this, also cheryl cole uses this mascara under her falsies!

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

LOVE this mascara! This is a TRUE black mascara, even blacker than department store brands. I've used Lancome, Estee Lauder, Clinique, Dior, CoverGirl, Maybelline...L'Oreal Telescopic is probably the nest out of all of those. I usually only have to use 1 coat for a perfect look...sometimes 2 if I want a little more length. I have naturally long lashes to begin with, but this stuff makes my lashes hit my brows. Seriously! I think the formula for Carbon Black is different from regular Telescopic because the last time I used the regular one, I noticed more volume. I would say Carbon Black is very similar to Definicils, but better. I ADORE comb mascaras because I generally don't need to follow up with a lash comb. I always have to use a comb with Dior. I will probably repurchase this because it was under $10 and much better than many higher priced brands.

on 3/18/2008 2:58:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

The first time I used Telescopic I detested it. However, now that I've become accustomed to the bizarre configuration of the applicator brush I love this mascara. The trick is to be patient during initial application or too much product will be applied and comb through will be difficult and a potential disaster. This is a very black mascara that layers nicely and cleans off easily. While applying to the lashes it helps to roll the brush through the lashes to evenly distribute the product, then glide the comb through your lashes to spread the mascara and separate the lashes. This is much easier to do with the upper lashes than the lower lashes. This isn't thick and requires layering and doesn't dry so fast that clumps will form on reapplication. If your impatient I suggest you look elsewhere for a mascara. I have alot of blond/nearly clear lashes that this mascara enhances beautifully. I've read many negative reviews of this product and can confidently say the application method used was reason for their rage. For a drugstore product this is my HG.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

My overall impression of this mascara is positive, with a couple gripes (which is par for the course in my mascara journey) and one very redeeming quality which will keep me repurchasing this in the future. I am constantly updating and rearranging my makeup routine so I can't guarantee that, but I would most certainly recommend this regardless.
The packaging is both a blessing and a curse- the tube is telescope shaped and very secure, the wand is where things get a little weird for me. It's a small wand with tiny bristles, which I was glad about because it makes doing the bottom lashes a lot less messy. However, the wand is flimsy and when you're going in for multiple coats, as I do, the wand bends easily and creates an annoyance.
The formula is not as wet or sloppy as other mascaras I've used, but it doesn't dry super fast either. All in all, it worked fine and gave a bit of length and volume without clumping the lashes. It did create a couple "dots" on my cheeks as it dried, but that happens a lot with new mascaras that transfer a lot of product at once. Not a deal breaker in the least, but a word of advice is to maybe do your eye makeup before going in with concealer/ face powder to mitigate any smearing.
The most exciting thing about this mascara is that it holds a curl like no other. As someone whose lashes barely curl and struggle to hold it, this is a big deal, and for my more natural makeup look when I'm not wearing falsies, this is something that will keep my buying in the future.
No smudging, flaking or transfer throughout the day!!
The price is somewhere around $10-$11 US, making it pretty middle-of-the-road as far as mascaras go, and on the high side for a drugstore brand. I have tried less expensive mascaras I like about the same as this one, but like I said this one noticeably holds a curl better than most, so it has my stamp of approval.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

I'm pretty underwhelmed by this mascara, unfortunately. I've been using Maybelline Lash Sensational for the longest time, but I've always wanted to try this because it gets good reviews. So I got it the other day, and was pretty disappointed. For $8, it didn't really do anything. I didn't notice any added length, or anything else. I feel like I just paid for the little telescope-looking tube. The brush is insanely thin and flimsy. I usually replace my mascara every month, but I don't think I can use much longer. I will probably just go buy a Wet n' Wild one to get me through until then.

on 1/20/2016 3:26:00 AM

I was really, really disappointed with this product after hearing several people rave about it. I seem to be in the minority who LOVES the wand - I find that it distributes a good amount of product on the top lashes and it makes bottom lashes super easy.

But... my first application was super clumpy. Second was even worse. Throughout the day, the mascara smudged like crazy onto my under eyes. My concealer was gone after wiping away mascara at LEAST three times in the one day.

I've given this product several chances. I've used it almost every day for a week. I've tried using ABH lash genius to make it waterproof in hopes of no smudging to no avail. I'm keeping the wand because I love it but the formula? Not so much. Probably passing on to a friend.

This product is also pretty pricey in Australia. About $27. I much prefer my Maybelline colossal formula which is about $20 but often on sale at Priceline, Big W and Chemist Warehouse.

I really love the formula, but not the wand. The formula is amazing, it doesn't flake, and after 2 months of use, it's still wet. It also washes off really well with just water.

The wand gives me spider lashes, and there is always too much product on it, which is hard to scrape back into the tube because the wand is bendy.

To get the best out of it, I apply it to both my upper lashes, then immediately comb it out with my old mascara wand (classic spoolie). This separates my lashes and takes off some of the extra product, then I do the same to my lower. The outcome is thick, separated, and fully coated lashes. Looks like falsies :)

on 11/27/2015 1:26:00 PM

It took me a while to find this mascara. I bought the voluminous one by mistake at one point but returned it without using it because this was the one I wanted. First, the wand is very strange. I can't really call it a brush because it isn't one. It's rubber and overly flexible so I have to be careful with it, and it applies A LOT of product. My lashes wind up so clumpy that I have to have a clean spoolie right there to go through my lashes with because I can't afford to wait until the clumps dry. As for longevity, it seems to last all day, but it smears and it flakes (though only a little) and primer doesn't help or hurt so I don't bother with it. I used this mascara for 6 weeks, which is a long time for me (I usually throw mascara away after 2-3 weeks) and finally had to throw it away in September because it is too hard to remove. Even after using BB longwear eye makeup remover, KGD spa cleansing water, a makeup remover wipe, and rinsing thoroughly with water, I would wind up with mascara on my pillowcase and smudges of mascara under my eyes the next day.