L'Oreal Paris Telescopic Mascara - Carbon Black

Filtered by skin tone : Fair
L'Oreal Paris Telescopic Mascara - Carbon Black

3.8

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

I've been a telescopic fan for years, but just recently bought the carbon black and I'm in love! It's a wetter formula than the original, but it dries fairly quickly and the finished result is so gorgeous! Fanned out and dark inky black. Removes easily and doesn't smudge from what I can tell, even in 100 degree Texas humidity. Will buy over and over again.

Holy grail mascara for me. I have very straight lazy lashes that will stand at attention with an eyelash curler, but only for a little while. Most mascaras won't help them hold a curl, but this one does. It's not particularly volumizing, but I like to pair with my Lancome Cils Booster for added volume and the combo does wonders. The small brush is genius because mascara doesn't get everything and it's easy to coat every lash. It also doesn't flake on me at all. Just brilliant.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

LOVE this mascara! I always strive for super long lashes that almost touch my eyebrows and with lots of volume. This mascara gives me just that. The length is ridiculous! The formula is super wet though. So I always have to make sure that I have the brush the right way because it doesn't have the bristles all around it. If that makes any sense. Other than that amazing mascara!

Before I first bought this product I was using mascaras in the £5.99 price bracket. I first picked it up because it was under a special offer and I had heard a lot of people raving about this mascara.

At first the brush baffled me, I was under the impression that a bigger brush = bigger lashes, I was wrong. The first use was not the best, the brush being so small allows you to get quite a lot of the actual mascara onto your lashes and at first it was a bit tricky to distribute it evenly across my eye, I would end up with a blob in one area but after about the third use I was used to applying it and loved the effect.

It really prevents your eyelashes clumping an separates them perfectly. The small brush allows you to get right to the base of your lashes preventing that horrid pale gap which can be really noticeable if you wear black eyeliner. It is especially good for the lower lashes as I always found these would be more noticeably clumpy!

This mascara is also so good for layering due to the great separation of lashes the brush gives which gives your eyes a really defined, dramatic look. So if it doesn't feel right at first, keep trying with it and it will soon become a firm favourite!

on 11/5/2015 1:02:00 AM

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

This mascara has two pros: it's very black, and it's inexpensive, aside from that it's pretty much garbage. The length it adds is minimal, it will not hold a curl, and it both smudges AND flakes at the same time. I've probably worn this mascara 20 times or so and every time I end up with stick-straight lashes and black smudges and flakes around my eyes. Will not repurchase.

This is one of the best mascaras I've ever used. First off, I've used a lot of mascaras with too dry of formulas, or with unnecessarily large brushes, or that flake all over my face, but this mascara doesn't have any of these problems: the formula is neither too dry nor too wet; the brush is thin with smartly placed bristles that achieve a nice separated look while building length; and it doesn't flake, thank goodness. It's just such a safe, foolproof mascara, and for a drugstore product, it's definitely worth buying.

on 4/29/2015 3:32:00 PM

This is my Holy Grail for mascaras, regardless of brand or price point.

Glossy black color and the comb picks out every single lash - every. single. one. I have crappie lashes - short, sparse, etc - and this mascara makes me look like I have on false lashes.

This doesn't flake or smudge even after hours of humid wear. I will say that when I first buy the mascara, I do have to blot the brush with a clean tissue every time I use it, or it puts waaaaaaay too much product on my lashes a la Tammy Fay, but I don't really think that is a complaint!

I think this is similar to Benefit's They're Real! mascara, in formula and brush - just a lot cheaper. :)

Ladies!!! If you're on the hunt for a good mascara that can go from natural to bold, this is it! It can sometimes get sort of clumpy during the first uses, but I seriously don't mind. For me, this is an absolute must have in my collection and I always need a back up with me!!! Does not flake, does not smudge, perfect! If you want to eliminate the little clumps, just go over with a defining mascara like the covergirl clump crusher or the l'Oréal voluminous million lashes. if length is your priority, try this!

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

This mascara and Wet 'n' Wild Clinical Mascara are currently competing for my favorite lash primer. I love a good mascara that defines and lengthens, but that tends to make my lashes look...well... weak. Wimpy. Pitiful. Slap on a coat of Jordana Best Lash Extreme on top of that, though, and I've got thick, clump-free lashes. Add enough coats and people ask if I'm wearing falsies. Gotta love Jordana, but without a primer, it's clump city.
In terms of price, both WnW and Loreal are drugstore, so not a major difference. WnW takes the cake being $4 as opposed to Loreals $10, so if I'm ever broke as a joke, WnW is what I reach for.
Both give me nice length and I've never had any flaking or irritation issues with either mascara.
Where Loreal trumps WnW is definition. WnW is fine and dandy, but if you're not careful (and in early morning when applying mascara I'm typically not) it can clump a little. A good lash comb solves all, but I'd rather not if I don't have to. I don't have issues with Loreal being clumpy, and it a magnificently dark mascara.
Both are nice for everyday use. Overall I'd probably choose Telescopic if forced to come to a descision, but WnW will never hurt me or my wallet.

on 8/27/2012 11:30:00 PM

This is a really good mascara, and I have tried tons of them, it's not perfect but it is really really good. Adds lots of length and is super dark but I think the best part is that it involves ZERO clumps although I also use a lash comb just to fan it out more, it looks intense... but believable because you can't see any evidence of mascara goop unless you look very closely. Cons are that it is REALLY unwaterproof get caught in the rain with this and you're screwed, other problem is that it's not the best for curling doesn't hold super well.