L'Oreal Paris Telescopic Mascara - Carbon Black

Filtered by skin tone : Fair
L'Oreal Paris Telescopic Mascara - Carbon Black

3.8

on 6/22/2011 5:31:00 AM

I love this mascara! Best one ive ever had and ive tried millions. Always come back to it. will carry on using this as my staple till i find a better one. Has never smudged on me unless I deliberatly smudge it myself.
Although its not perfect it definatly is good enough!

on 5/17/2011 3:09:00 AM

Hair: Black, Curly, Other

Maybe 3.5 lippies.Only because I can always be safe with this when I am in a hurry,like 20 seconds time to add mascara and out the door:).
Its black,my lashes are naturally black and not all black mascaras are black enough.I have quite long,straight lashes and they are tight together,so seperation is key.Does the job there,adds more lenght,not that much that lashes would reach my eyebrows though,not that much volume either,but some with one coat.I have only tried with one coat,because its the hurry-mascara.And another main thing,it does not clumb or smudge.Its better than clean(in silver tube) cause all that it does is seperate lashes,adds less lenght,its not black enough.I miss H. Rubinteins Volumatic,my HG mascara ever,SO MUCH!:(. It did Everything!.If You have used it and found something dupable,similar,PLEASE.Contact me!

on 4/13/2011 2:52:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

This is at the higher end of the DS cosmetics continuum. Pricier, but worth it in my opinion and really unique among mascaras.

The packaging is really fun and creative but still looks appropriate on an adult's vanity table.

The comb is a nice addition and works well with the formula, which is quite thin. I personally don't need a thickening mascara, so this is perfect. It gives me dark, pure black fan like lashes.

on 4/3/2011 11:10:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

this is literally my favorite mascara. i normally like a teddy bear brush for my mascaras, because i think it gives them more volume and makes them look bigger, but this does a great job. i am probably on my 4th tube of this, and i really can't get enough of it. i wear it everyday and it's perfect. it makes my lashes full and long, and doesn't turn hard right after drying which a lot of mascaras with brushes like this one do. i find that mascara is something you don't need to go all out as far as price and name brand, because you can find the best mascaras at drugstores.

This is my absolute favorite mascara! My eyelashes look so false and the formula isn't flaky, which is a quality I have searched for constantly. The only downfall is when the say non-waterproof, they mean non-waterproof. It does come off nicely though. I have never seen this in a waterproof version other than Telescopic Explosion, which I'm not interested in. If anyone ever finds this in waterproof, please alert me immediately.

on 3/10/2011 8:47:00 PM

You cant complain about how dark it is because its probably one of the darkest durgstore mascara you can ever find! It lenghten my lashes. but the separation of my lashes is okay. It gives a loot of volume! Like iitt , but wont repurchase it because i like to try new things xD

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

EW!! DO NOT BUY!! i hate this and wish i never picked it up!it was $10 at target with a liquid liner that was nasty as well . the brush is horribly gobby and cloppy and just a huge disapointment. Its thick and it groups your lashes togather. It is buy far one of the worst mascaras out there right now.hate hate hate...i did have high hopes even seeing a video from allthatglitters21 and her rave pushed me to buy it. Not sure if i got a bad one but the one i have sucks huge disapointment..:((

I buy a lot of mascara, updating usually monthly. At least. (Wasteful, I know, but I love the 'pop' of a fresh mascara!) I've been experimenting with lots of drugstore varieties lately. Austerity measures and all that. Telescopic in 'Carbon Black' has proven one of the best. It has a lot going for it - it defines the lashes well, the colour is truly black, it resists clumping and doesn't flake or migrate during the day despite my prone-to-oiliness lids. I like dramatic lashes but not drag act dramatic, and Telescopic delivers a look that is well-balanced: amped up but tasteful. It's maybe too bold for those seeking an au naturel look, but not bold enough for those who like massive volume.

on 2/2/2011 8:19:00 AM

It is not my favourite mascara, however it is a great one!
Due to the rubber wand it is very easy to use: you are able to get the roots of the lashes without touching the skin. It is very black and lengthening.

Contrary to other people I do think it clumps lashes together, and it's relatively easy to get a moderate spidery effect. But maybe I'm rushing the application, since I tend to do so ;)

Also I found that product lasts a long time. After the recommended 3 months it was at good as new, so i have to confess I kept it... (shame on me I now...) Even this day (one year after I got it) it is a usable mascara. For reference much better than the Estee Lauder Sumptuous Waterproof after 2 months.

So: when the Voluminous is not available, I will probably buy this one again. (I can't get Voluminous where I live now).

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

I really love this mascara when I need to get some length. MY lashes are average, not super long (I just started Latisse though). I'm a reddish blonde naturally but dye my hair a Level 5 Red, so I basically you don't see my lashes when not wearing mascara, so it's a crucial everyday item for me. This separates really well, gives me length, no clumping at all. Just very well defined lashes that look beautiful. Despite not being waterproof, it holds up very well when my eyes water (I wear contacts). I'm now on my second tube of this and will buy it again, it's that good.