L'Oreal Paris Telescopic Mascara - Carbon Black

L'Oreal Paris Telescopic Mascara - Carbon Black

3.8

on 5/25/2010 3:34:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

This is a HG mascara for me!
I love it. when it comes to mascaras i very rarely repurchase one because i think there are so many on the market to try. but i ALWAYS have this mascara in my makeup bag.

Why i like it so much? great length and wonderful volume. You can put loads of coats on and get such a wide eye look with separated lashes. so it looks natural but thick.

I can understand that people make not like the consistency as its more on the wet side than dry but i dont think it makes it a problem.

My sister has incredibly short lashes and they're very thin and she can build her lashes up so they look jet black and separated.

I cannot stress enough how wonderful this mascara is and i urge everyone to try it out.
I started out with the original telescopic mascara and switched to this. The original i would use with a normal volumising mascara and use it to separate the lashes after. It cuts the cost down immensely.

on 12/23/2009 3:35:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Thr first few times I used this mascara, it gave me five ugly-looking 'spider legs' because eye lashes were short and I don't have much eyelashes. To be honest, I was quite disappointed in it at first. Then after I got used to the brush which only had 4 little comb-like bristles on it and thought that it would be okay after all. Personally, I think that it takes a lot of concentration to make it not have 'spider legs' but occasionally on my bad days when I am in a rush and the 'spider legs' would appear again. I think there are better mascaras out there, considering the price of this mascara. I wouldn't buy this product again.

on 11/9/2009 10:28:00 PM

I swear I wrote a review for this... mm whatever :P
I got this mascara for free with my L'Oreal hair dye last month. I love the hair dye... just not the mascara!
The brush is really weird (o_o), there is only 4 sides of bristles(?) which are short & collect formula on the sides of the bristles and not in between... I don't know if that makes sense but if you have one on hand you'll understand.
I don't get anything but CLUMPS. You really do have to work quick if want zero clumps... Even then I only get spider-y long lashes but that could differ for other people. I don't think you could ever achieve volume with this mascara because the bristles are so close together that you only ever get clumps. Really, I think if you just saw the brush itself you might understand!
I would not reccommend this to anyone but L'Oreal Voluminous on the other hand... yes!

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

This is one of my favorite mascaras ! I was really impressed the first time I used it. After 1 coat it made my lashes super long and they were separated evenly and beautifully. You can also add a second coat if you want to look more dramatic. Be careful for clumps tho ! They seem to build up at the end of your lashes, which is an easy fix, but a little messy on your fingertips. Definitely the best lengthening mascara I have used.

I really liked this mascara. Gives long, dramatic lashes in just one coat. Tended to clump a little, but what mascara doesnt? Also, I have been using this mascara for over 3 months now, and it still hasn't dried out! This has to be the longest lasting mascara I have ever purchased

Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Other

Mediocre at best.

on 6/10/2008 9:51:00 PM

L'Oreal Telescopic in Carbon Black is my HG mascara!! I switch in between this and Max Factor's Volume Couture (it was on sale and I bought it based on the accurate reviews). This is the perfect recipe for the perfect mascara:
1. The color is blacker than most black mascaras!
2. No clumping!
3. Easily builds tremendous length!
4. Doesn't smear! I have the greasiest eyelids ever and not one smear!
5. The price...great for a drugstore product but I always go to Ulta w/their many sales!!
**The only drawback is the telescope container...it's too long to fit into to some of my mini makeup bags!!