L'Oreal Paris Telescopic Mascara - Carbon Black

Filtered by eye Color : Black
L'Oreal Paris Telescopic Mascara - Carbon Black

3.8

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

I'm already on my forth tube...I LOVE THIS STUFF. I've honestly used SO MANY MASCARAS. I'm a mascara junkie and I've used some really good ones, okay ones, and some that I just threw away because they were awful. So I know what mascaras are worth it and what are not and I love love love this mascara MY HG mascara. it gives you LENGTH like you never would believe! And it's so dark and makes your eyes pop with dark long lashes ! I will always repurchase this !!!!

on 8/14/2013 6:23:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Coarse

Nope. Years ago, I used to love L'Oreal Voluminous mascara, I thought it was great and then I bought good mascaras like MAC Lash Deluxe. L'Oreal's mascaras are usually wonderful but their Telescopic mascaras have a terribly awkward and silly brush.

The Telescopic Carbon Black mascara is very black which is good but the brush is too awkward for the lashes at the corner of my eyes and it is lengthening but not thickening. And because of the brush's awkwardness, my middle lashes look fine but not the rest! LOL

I cannot figure out how to use that silly brush! Ridiculous.

on 12/18/2012 6:51:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Wow this gives so much length but if you have thin eyelashes like mine you might want to use a volumizing mascara also maybe at night or for special events thats why I gave a 4 but even only with the telescopic the length and eyelashes overall are very impressive.I didn't apply much makeup today just mascara and lipstick and it looked great.I definitely recommend but it is really really hard to remove.

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

I have short and straight lashes, therefore I usually like to combine a voluminous mascara & lengthening mascara together. I had fell in love with Maybelline's Pulse Perfection for a lengthening mascara because it dries somewhat fast and stays curled, however that was discontinued. I saw the many great reviews of the Telescopic carbon black and decided to try and it did not let me down! This is my first time using this type of wand and I love it. It grabs a great amount of product out of the tube, I find that if you apply it lightly over your lashes many times, thats the best effect. After this product dries, then I'll curl it, and then add a voluminous mascar (L'oreal Million Lashes mascara - part of the voluminous brand) and it works really great. One thing may be lacking is the curling power altogether because there is so many layers, what I do is I blow dry the end of my eyelash curler and with care I brush the lashes up so it kind of heats up and stays that way, then wait for eyelash curler to cool down, and curl lashes one more time. Lastly I then use the telescopic again on the bottom eyelashes and this is by far the best bottom lash mascara ever!! It makes it so long and dolly and since the wand is so small, it is great for applying the bottom lashes! Just make sure you apply small layers by layers instead of all at once, because that will end up getting on your eye.

on 8/11/2011 1:08:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

Note: I have straight Asian lashes that are neither thick nor long. I don't use waterproof mascaras.

What makes this mascara one of my HG products (along with CG Lash Blast and Maybelline Volume Express: Colossal) is the wand. The skinny applicator combined with the short bristles that aren't too close together makes Telescopic a really good lengthening and defining mascara. Though it doesn't volumize as much as Lash Blast and Colossal, it definitely lengthens a bit more. The Carbon Black formula adds to the drama and makes up for the lack of volume. As opposed to L'oreal Voluminous, Telescopic neither smudge nor flake. It holds my curl fairly well throughout the day (8-12 hours).

on 6/3/2011 4:34:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Medium

I bought this product as I loved my L'Oreal Telescopic Waterproof Mascara. This formula is not, in any way the same as the Carbon Black. The Carbon Black definitely adds length to my lashes. However, I did not like this product as it did not hold its curl. I always curl my lashes (which are quite straight and don't have much curl at all) before applying mascara, but when I applied the L'Oreal Telescopic Carbon black, the lashes would droop down to their original state making my lashes look short again. The formula of the mascara is okay- It goes on smoothly, doesn't clump and doesn't dry out. BUT the mascara takes quite a long time to dry on your lashes which can cause smudging to occur. I liked the mascara wand as it does separate and lengthen the lashes, similar to the Waterproof version. This mascara does not really add any volume. L'Oreal Telescopic Carbon Black does nothing for my lashes or eyes. I would not repurchase.

on 5/17/2011 3:09:00 AM

Hair: Black, Curly, Other

Maybe 3.5 lippies.Only because I can always be safe with this when I am in a hurry,like 20 seconds time to add mascara and out the door:).
Its black,my lashes are naturally black and not all black mascaras are black enough.I have quite long,straight lashes and they are tight together,so seperation is key.Does the job there,adds more lenght,not that much that lashes would reach my eyebrows though,not that much volume either,but some with one coat.I have only tried with one coat,because its the hurry-mascara.And another main thing,it does not clumb or smudge.Its better than clean(in silver tube) cause all that it does is seperate lashes,adds less lenght,its not black enough.I miss H. Rubinteins Volumatic,my HG mascara ever,SO MUCH!:(. It did Everything!.If You have used it and found something dupable,similar,PLEASE.Contact me!

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

The best so far. I have tried all mascaras found at the drugstore as well as high-priced brands. I always seem to return to this brand. I am always seeking a mascara to give me long, full lashes. This definitely does the trick.

I have to say...this isn't for everyone. But it definately for me. It's good for people with short-medium length and density lashes because it will make them fuller and longer with no clumping. People with full and long natural lashes would probably hate this because it can make lashes spidery. But for me, when I work with it a little, it gives me the most amazing, long and thick lashes and it's wayyy better than most high end mascaras I've tried and by far the best drug store mascara. No flaking at all! I'd say that this is about par with Lancome Definicils. Also, it's true to it's name, the formulation is very very black. Cons: it is a mascara you have to work with quite a bit, but the end results are totally worth it to me. Overall, one of my very few drug store HG's!

UPDATE: gave it 1 more lippie because I'm repurchasing my 3rd tube today. I've tried to stray to different mascaras and different brands but NOTHING tops this. It's amazing! The abolute longest darkest, thickest lashes ever! And for a false lash look, I wear it under a natural mascara (clinique high impact etc) and this makes your lashes so pretty looking, especially since my naked lashes are unnoticable.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

deff not a use it and go mascara. id be better as a touch up/detail since i find when i start off with it i get MEGA spider lashes even atfter trying to seperate. its a great glossy black though.

ill update the review when i try it with a different applicatior