L'Oreal Paris Telescopic Carbon Black

Filtered by skin type : Combination
L'Oreal Paris Telescopic Carbon Black

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

I feel like I'm definitely one of the few people who did not like this mascara! I had very high hopes for it after reading and watching a lot of reviews of this mascara and how so many people swear by it. It was $7.99 at Target, which to me is a little pricier than most mascaras that I use! And I was super disappointed by it. I have long lashes that aren't that curly or voluminous, so in all my mascaras, I look for one that can add length and volume.
First of all, the mascara wand is very thin and a bit flimsy. It didn't grip to my lashes at all and it got a bit annoying with the flimsy wand because it kept wobbling when I wanted to coat my lashes. The formula was also very wet and for me, it kind of weighed my lashes down a bit. It also stuck some of my lashes together and when I wanted to separate them, it made them clumpier so then you have to use a clean spoolie brush to separate them and I felt like I was just going in circles with the whole process. Not to mention, when separating them and reapplying the mascara, you would get very separated, spidery lashes. In order for me to get the look I actually wanted, I had to apply over this mascara with another one of my mascaras. Without the other mascara over it, it wouldn't even hold the minimal curl that the mascara gave. It made my lashes straight, clumpy and flakey and that is definitely not a look I want to sport. I would save your money! I wouldn't even wear this on my more natural makeup days!

on 12/16/2015 7:30:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I absolutely LOVE this mascara. I had a very easy time with application and applying multiple coats quickly. It lasts all day without smudging or flaking. I have some thickness but needed length. It delivered beautifully. I've used tons of other mascara's, and ones that were 4 times the price of this one. I've been using this one for about a year and a huge plus is the price.

on 12/14/2015 11:33:00 AM

I usually love and only use L'Oreal mascaras but this one was such a disaster. My HG ones are voluminous carbon black and miss manga. I wanted to try this because all my friends love it and the reviews seemed good but I honestly hated hated hated this mascara!!! First time I tried it, my eyelashes look so sad and pathetic I had to top it off with another mascara. Not sure if it's because I'm so use to the voluminous mascaras but when my friend wears this her eyelashes look amazing so I tried her suggestion with using it for a week or two so enough air gets into it and makes it apply better but nope.. nothing, makes my eyelashes look thin, and gives no curl, my eyelashes seemed to take on a lot of product (no matter how much I scrapped off the brush), they would clump a bit and flakes like crazy. I usually like a no make-up look and thought this would be a little perfect but the formula or the brush drives me insane, I really can't describe it but this mascara was a miss for me. I forever regret buying it as I didn't wait for it to be on sale. I gave this mascara a month (wore it maybe 3 times a week alone) before I dumped this thing in my trash can.

on 11/27/2015 1:26:00 PM

It took me a while to find this mascara. I bought the voluminous one by mistake at one point but returned it without using it because this was the one I wanted. First, the wand is very strange. I can't really call it a brush because it isn't one. It's rubber and overly flexible so I have to be careful with it, and it applies A LOT of product. My lashes wind up so clumpy that I have to have a clean spoolie right there to go through my lashes with because I can't afford to wait until the clumps dry. As for longevity, it seems to last all day, but it smears and it flakes (though only a little) and primer doesn't help or hurt so I don't bother with it. I used this mascara for 6 weeks, which is a long time for me (I usually throw mascara away after 2-3 weeks) and finally had to throw it away in September because it is too hard to remove. Even after using BB longwear eye makeup remover, KGD spa cleansing water, a makeup remover wipe, and rinsing thoroughly with water, I would wind up with mascara on my pillowcase and smudges of mascara under my eyes the next day.

on 9/15/2015 4:09:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Relaxed, Fine

This is the only mascara I've been using for the past 5 years so I've gone through quite many of these. I've tried other ones ofc but they've always ended up being my lower lash mascaras. I don't have to curl my lashes when I use this, it's very black and lengthening.

on 6/25/2015 12:16:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

This has become my HG mascara hands down. I've stopped using my Benefit Roller Lash completely and I was obsessed with that one (still think it's great, just like this better). Took some time to master my technique with this one but the results are incredible. Nothing gives length like this mascara and it never flakes. Holds my curl nicely. On my 2nd tube already and will buy again and again.

My HG of mascara. LOVE IT!! I'm always trying something else but come back to this.

on 5/31/2015 2:38:00 AM

This is my holy grail mascara. It's mostly a lengthening mascara (and somewhat volumising but not the main goal if this product) so if you're after volume and drama, this may not be the best product for you. But seriously, the lengthening aspect of this is insane, you can do a natural everyday or build it up to the false lash drama (sometimes with the help of another mascara meant for volumising). You can use too coats and it doesn't flake or make it difficult to apply. It's not particularly wet as a mascara like "Maybelline Great Lash" but more of a waxy formula that upholds curl and length. If you have shorter lashes, this may not be the product for you but I love it!

This is one of the best mascaras I've ever used. First off, I've used a lot of mascaras with too dry of formulas, or with unnecessarily large brushes, or that flake all over my face, but this mascara doesn't have any of these problems: the formula is neither too dry nor too wet; the brush is thin with smartly placed bristles that achieve a nice separated look while building length; and it doesn't flake, thank goodness. It's just such a safe, foolproof mascara, and for a drugstore product, it's definitely worth buying.

Saw a beauty guru on Youtube use this mascara so I thought I'd give it a go. OMG the best mascara ever! I don't normally go for mascaras with this kind of brush, but the product goes on amazingly! Definitely lengthens my lashes and makes it stand out. On days where I don't want to use eyeliner or shadow and just want mascara, this is my go to product. I wish I found this earlier!