L'Oreal Paris Telescopic Mascara - Carbon Black

Filtered by skin type : Normal
L'Oreal Paris Telescopic Mascara - Carbon Black

Best mascara! Hands down! I have short lashes and even without a curler or a second mascara, this product held an amazing curl, lengthened my lashes so much, and definitely made them super dark! I have no cons for this mascara! It's doesn't clump, it doesn't melt in the heat or run if wet, even without waterproof. Now I use a curler and second mascara but its just great and I totally recommend it to anyone!

It's a pretty good mascara depending on what you are looking for.

I like the brush, it is very versatile and you can make the lashes super long with only a few strokes.

I do notice if you use it wrong though the lashes will get clumpy and not long enough, it takes some getting used to.

Doesn't run or flake at all and has amazing staying power. I also like the super black color.

It holds a curl very nicely even without a curler.

But, it leaves a lot to be desired when it comes to thickness and volume. I usually wear liner with my mascara but when I put it on alone it does not give enough definition/thickness, only nice length and curl.

Definitely great for a more subtle yet defined lash look, but my HG would be more dramatic.

this mascara is expensive in NY for a drug store mascara...13 bucks. I used to use this as my "go to" mascara but I have been shying away from it recently. The formula doesnt seem to want to evenly disperse throughout my lashes. I have very short thin blonde lashes...everything against me. The wand does not clump but it is extremely tedious and can get really annoying. I prefer Maybelline lash stilleto over this which a lot of people dont like.

on 6/21/2012 8:07:00 PM

Teerrrriiiibbbbllleee... It was 11$ in Canada and it makes my lashes clumped together, and it smears. I am so disappointed! The brush is terrible too.

LOVE !!! Best out. Favourite mascara, used to use lancome hypnose but this has come on first coz it lasts way longer is cheaper and very good quality.
Pros:
- fantastic length
- shiny and DARK black
- dramatic
- buildable
- wet formula which I prefer
- volume!!!!! You need to use the brush properly. I swear I get compliments on the thickness. Everyone asks what mascara I use.
- cheap compared to department store

Cons:
- none if you know how to
Properly apply

Application tips:
1. Use the flat side !!!! Most people use the comb but if you want volume too flat side. Hold it at the base of your lashes and push towards eyelid. Hold for 4 secs
2. GENTLY stroke up . This makes curl and let's tge formula stick to tips of lashes.
3. Let dry for 40secs. Its a wet formula so make sure it's nearly dry but not complety
4. Add 1 to 2 additional coats accordingly by stroke lightly upwards. Don't wiggle.
5. If you curl when dry your lashes will look fake :) but only on nights out coz it's damaging to do it all the time.

on 6/11/2012 3:56:00 AM

This has been my favorite mascara for a few years. I had the gold tube before this one and loved that one too. My lashes look incredibly long when I wear it and I get heaps of compliments. I've tried many other mascaras and nothing compares.

This is by far my favorite mascara and as long as its available I don't think I'll ever use anything else. The lashes on my outer corners are significantly lighter colored and point in all directions, while the rest of my lashes are normal. With the other mascaras I've used in the past, which was normally volumizing or fusion Covergirl LashBlast but have experimented with countless others, I would always find that either the brush couldn't reach all of my weird outer lashes or the formula would wouldn't stick
to them. My attempts to coat these lashes usually resulted in clumpy, crunchy mascara build up.. The Telescopic Explosion mascara caught my eye because I thought maybe the different brush was worth a shot. The first time I tried it, it did clump horribly and made a huge section of eyelashes stick together, as other reviews have said. But, I wanted to like it, so I wiped the excess off the brush with a wet wipe and tried again. I'm so glad I gave it a second shot because it immediately coated my annoying outer lashes right down to the root without clumping. It grabs every single lash, gives them
very natural looking length, fans them out with great separation and definition,
and adds a good amount of fullness. My eyelashes always look very soft with no smudging, flaking, or brittleness, even after 10+ hour of wear. I usually do 2-3 coats. It does take longer to apply than most mascaras because of the different brush, but it's well worth it for me.

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

I am a mascara slut! Ichqnge which mascara I wear everyday. Know I wont. I don't wear makeup besides mascara and a lip product sometimes since I'm only 14. I have shortish thin lashes. My best guy friend came up to me and asked me if I did something to my eyelashes and he is the least observant person I know. I LOVE this mascara! I honestly don't know whats with all the negative comments. I don't even curl my lashes.

on 2/2/2012 8:38:00 PM

I actually really liked this product out of all the drugstore mascaras Ive tried. I loved the regular gold telescopic but it just wasnt thick enough for me. This makes it almost perfect gives great length and pretty deep color. Im a mascara perfectionist so I got bored with this quickly and decided it wasnt right for me. But I deff would recomend this for a lower end mascara

Skin: Normal, Other, Warm

The L'Oreal Telescopic and Maybelline Great Lash are the only drugstore mascaras that I enjoy and purchase. This Carbon Black forumula did not disappoint, it is a rich, black formula that looks very nice. L'Oreal's strength with the traditional Telescopic mascaras lies in the brush: a nice, slim brush that defines the lashes well. As usual, the Telescopic formula lengthens very nicely. I don't think this formula does a great deal in terms of thickening, but if your must haves in a mascara are lengthening and defining, this one is for you.