L'Oreal Paris Telescopic Mascara - Carbon Black

Filtered by skin type : Normal
L'Oreal Paris Telescopic Mascara - Carbon Black

Best drugstore mascara I have ever tried!!! Its perfect. It lengthens a TON and is very black. Never smudges or runs even when i'm sweating like crazy. Never flakes off or clumps and keeps a curl ALL DAY!! So happy I finally found my HG mascara that is affordable!! This is a dupe for the YSL babydoll and Lancome grandiose mascara!!! Thank you Loreal for this drugstore gem!!

This mascara lengthens LIKE NO OTHER. However, it is poor at seperating lashes and has an extremely wet formula. This mascara also lacks the volume I desire for my lashes. It also takes a long time to apply because of the small, thin, comb-like brush attached to it.

on 2/12/2018 2:22:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

This may be my HG mascara. I love wet formulas because they give my lashes good separation. No flaking with this one and it’s super black. I layer it on top of Maybelline Lash Discovery to hold the curl. I might not try any more mascaras again!

on 1/2/2018 10:20:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I cannot understand the bad reviews that say this clumps. I don't know if they are getting old ones that are dried out or perhaps a different product but I've purchased probably at least 25 of these and never had one that clumped on me. NOT ONE! I don't find it wetter than many super high end mascaras and they all take a couple of minutes to dry, maybe more depending on how many coats you apply. I'll take a bit wet over a bit dry any day. This is.....Holy grail. I LOVE this mascara even though I do use others also, this is the my favorite for my bottom lashes. One coat will not give you tons of fullness, a decent amount of length but one coat will not give you huge falsie effect lashes, but you can easily go back in and do more coats and it doesn't clump. It doesn't flake, give me raccoon eyes, stays on all day and is easy to remove. LOVE LOVE LOVE it! I always keep this on hand mainly for one reason. Bottom lashes. The thin, small wand is sheer perfection for lower lashes. I can easily get into the inner corner and each lash is perfectly separate. It dries fast but if you do a double coat on the top lashes, it can take a few minutes, so give it time to dry before using a setting spray or it will smear. Just let it dry. My one complaint is that I wish the wand was a bit stiffer because sometimes when I go to put it back in the tube and I miss the opening, it wants to bend. But that's really my fault, if I look carefully that doesn't happen but it's small so if I just try to go for it without looking really well I miss the opening more than I do with fat wands. If you like natural, wispy lashes perfectly separated, one coat of this and you are out the door. Add more coats if you want them thicker or use another for the top and this for the bottom lashes.

It is deep black, curls, separates, I can't think of one con to this mascara. I love it! Plus Walgreen's frequently has buy one get the other 50% off so I stock up. It's really good, if you haven't tried it, catch it on sale and try it. If for nothing else, for your bottom lashes.

Details:
L'Oréal's Telescopic Carbon Black Mascara features a patented no clump brush that applies the mascara precisely for long, perfectly defined lashes. Removes easily with soap and water. Ophthalmologist tested. Allergy tested. Suitable for those with sensitive eyes and contact lens wearers. Fragrance free.

Ingredients:
Aqua / Water / Eau, Paraffin, Cera Alba / Beeswax / Cire D'Abeille, Stearic Acid, Cera Carnauba / Carnauba Wax / Cire De Carnauba, Acacia Senegal / Acacia Senegal Gum, Palmitic Acid, Triethanolamine, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Aminomethyl, Propanediol.

Price range is 7.99-9.99 or less if you can catch them on sale buy one get one 50% off

on 12/26/2017 5:04:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm

Mascara is highly subjective depending on your particular needs and lash style.

I find that the L'Oreal Telescopic mascara is very effective for my bottom lashes. The sleek wand and bristle design evenly coat all my thin and sparse bottom lashes without clumping them together or missing sections. I continue to repurchase and use this mascara because I can always count on it to effortlessly give my finicky bottom lashes the definition I need. However, I don't find that it does much for my top lashes besides adding a bit of color to them. For that reason I use it to blend my top lashes when wearing falsies, and reach for different options when I need more volume and length.

on 2/14/2017 10:58:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Other

This was my HG mascara for a long time, though I spent the past couple years loving Essence mascaras that would be discontinued shortly after I'd bought them. During the Essence phase, I kept a couple old Telescopic wands to comb through my lashes after applying mascara. I've finally given up on multiple coats and combing through with the others, to return to this mascara, my old standby. The comblike brush design gives wonderful definition, keeping my lashes separated rather than clumpy (which is not my thing at all). I forgot how easy to use this mascara was, and after fiddling around for so long, it's good to use this again!

on 9/5/2016 4:13:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

I have straight, short, and thin lashes; this mascara provides a lot of length without clumping. The thin wand with tiny bristles makes it easier for me to maneuver all the way to the very corners of my eyes to lengthen the smallest eyelashes without constantly bumping the wand against my eyelid (which happens to me with the huge dior mascara wand). To prevent smudging, I use the business card trick and I get clean application; I personally care more about length than volume so I like this mascara even if it doesn't provide a lot of volume. I tried the sample size of the benefit roller lash and have to say that Loreal provides a lot more length and around the same amount of volume; since I have such sparse lashes, I can see a real difference among mascara. It's black and lasts long unless I tear up a lot which makes all my mascaras (including the waterproof ones) smudge.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

My overall impression of this mascara is positive, with a couple gripes (which is par for the course in my mascara journey) and one very redeeming quality which will keep me repurchasing this in the future. I am constantly updating and rearranging my makeup routine so I can't guarantee that, but I would most certainly recommend this regardless.
The packaging is both a blessing and a curse- the tube is telescope shaped and very secure, the wand is where things get a little weird for me. It's a small wand with tiny bristles, which I was glad about because it makes doing the bottom lashes a lot less messy. However, the wand is flimsy and when you're going in for multiple coats, as I do, the wand bends easily and creates an annoyance.
The formula is not as wet or sloppy as other mascaras I've used, but it doesn't dry super fast either. All in all, it worked fine and gave a bit of length and volume without clumping the lashes. It did create a couple "dots" on my cheeks as it dried, but that happens a lot with new mascaras that transfer a lot of product at once. Not a deal breaker in the least, but a word of advice is to maybe do your eye makeup before going in with concealer/ face powder to mitigate any smearing.
The most exciting thing about this mascara is that it holds a curl like no other. As someone whose lashes barely curl and struggle to hold it, this is a big deal, and for my more natural makeup look when I'm not wearing falsies, this is something that will keep my buying in the future.
No smudging, flaking or transfer throughout the day!!
The price is somewhere around $10-$11 US, making it pretty middle-of-the-road as far as mascaras go, and on the high side for a drugstore brand. I have tried less expensive mascaras I like about the same as this one, but like I said this one noticeably holds a curl better than most, so it has my stamp of approval.

This is the best mascara on the market. For reference I have super long thick eyelashes, this is just amazing for me, Ive tried every single mascara from the drugstore. I absolutely love this, its super black and it makes my eyelashes so long that they touch my eyebrows!

on 2/26/2016 5:04:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

The WORST mascara I have ever used! I have never known of a mascara to 'uncurl' my lashes but this one does: It made my lashes straight and flat after I had curled them!
The brush is so long and thin that it bends every time you try and put it back in the bottle making a mess everywhere. Threw it in the bin!