L'Oreal Paris Telescopic Mascara - Carbon Black

Filtered by skin type : Other
L'Oreal Paris Telescopic Mascara - Carbon Black

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

EW!! DO NOT BUY!! i hate this and wish i never picked it up!it was $10 at target with a liquid liner that was nasty as well . the brush is horribly gobby and cloppy and just a huge disapointment. Its thick and it groups your lashes togather. It is buy far one of the worst mascaras out there right now.hate hate hate...i did have high hopes even seeing a video from allthatglitters21 and her rave pushed me to buy it. Not sure if i got a bad one but the one i have sucks huge disapointment..:((

on 9/6/2010 12:02:00 PM

I love this mascara!
This is my go to,never fail mascara.
I have been through so many before,from brands that cost 2-3 times what this one costs at its regular price.Not to mention that I am always finding it on sale!
The price,for the quality of the product,is unbeatable.

The brush distributes the product evenly onto each and every one of my lashes. I can almost blindly apply mascara where theer are no noticeable lashes,and they instantly darken up and elongate. Beautiful! I add liquid silk amino acids to my mascara for growth,and it corresponds beautifully with this formula. I did not have the same great results with other mascaras. I have purchased Lancome,Dior,Make Up forever,and stila brands amongst others,and this one outperforms them all.

After the Lash Blast disaster ( see review if interested), I decided to venture into the drugstore again for another spin on the mascara aisles. I've simplified my collecting habits by focusing on very few department store brands but am somewhat morally opposed to buying high end mascara despite DBF's hipster daughter repeatedly proclaiming that Diorshow is "epic" -- well, it would be if you inherited papa's mile-long, thick lashes, but not for me, to whom genetics bestowed nothing but short wisps, in which case that fuzzy giant caterpillar of a brush is just a corneal abrasion waiting to happen. Okay, histrionics over: this L'oreal baby is a winner! It's intensely dark, true to its carbon black name. The formula is smooth and not too thick, which helps in coating my lashes evenly. I am going to be contrarian, as it's the much maligned brush that makes it work for me. Each of my straight skimpy shorties gets lengthened and defined from roots to tips precisely because of the funky, slender, toothy applicator. There is a mild clump factor with multiple layers, hence this isn't a 5, but really more of a 4.5 except there's no halves in the scoring schema. It is fairly easy to fix either with a lash comb or any stiff-bristled brush. Curl hold is reasonably good. Very mild mascara dust under the eyes later in the day, but that is an acceptable compromise given my decision to stay away from waterproof mascaras. I wasn't looking for volume so its inability to provide it is a non-issue. Next to the long-discontinued OTLs, this is one impressive L'oreal cosmetic product.

This is a great mascara for every day because it gives you instant eyelashes in one coat. I got good length and excellent definition with it. I see some complain about the brush but I love it. I can get to every last little lash. It's also the very first mascara I've ever used without curling my eyelashes first and been satisfied with the results. Very happy with this, and I think I'll buy a couple of backups before they change the brush and screw it up. (I have average-to-long, thick lashes with some natural curl -- they're just very blonde.)