L'Oreal Paris Telescopic Mascara - Carbon Black

L'Oreal Paris Telescopic Mascara - Carbon Black

3.8

on 4/3/2011 11:10:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

this is literally my favorite mascara. i normally like a teddy bear brush for my mascaras, because i think it gives them more volume and makes them look bigger, but this does a great job. i am probably on my 4th tube of this, and i really can't get enough of it. i wear it everyday and it's perfect. it makes my lashes full and long, and doesn't turn hard right after drying which a lot of mascaras with brushes like this one do. i find that mascara is something you don't need to go all out as far as price and name brand, because you can find the best mascaras at drugstores.

This is my absolute favorite mascara! My eyelashes look so false and the formula isn't flaky, which is a quality I have searched for constantly. The only downfall is when the say non-waterproof, they mean non-waterproof. It does come off nicely though. I have never seen this in a waterproof version other than Telescopic Explosion, which I'm not interested in. If anyone ever finds this in waterproof, please alert me immediately.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Warm

I love this mascara, but I will say upfront that it is not volumizing. If you are looking for a mascara to thicken sparse lashes, this is not the mascara for you.

That said...that's exactly why I like it.

I have very thick, dense lashes that are reasonably long, but not as long as they were in my youth. My problem is that almost every mascara either makes them clump like crazy, or gives them this oddly messy, unruly look that drives me insane.

What I need is a product that grooms and defines while adding length but not building volume. I want something that gives my lashes a tidy uniform look and gives me back that va-va voom length that Mother Nature has taken away. (while somehow seeing fit to bestow me with superfluous chin and nose hair, the cruel, capricious bitch)

I really can't say if it's the brush or the formula, but for whatever reason, this mascra does exactly what I want it to do.

Yes, the formulation is fairly wet and somewhat thin. That's why it works for me. If you have sparse lashes, it will probably only succeed in gluing those you have together into a few pathetic little spikes. But for someone with thick dense lashes, the formula is perfect. I found it easy to build the length with absolutely no clumping whatsoever. Again, I don't know if it's the formulation or the brush, but I suspect it's a combination of the two.

My only complaint is that it's not very water resistant at all. Notice I did not say water *proof*. I dislike waterproof mascaras because even with a good eye makeup remover, they are hard on the lashes. But I do like a mascara that can stand up to the normal and expected moisture that is present in the eye area. It performed well through a very intense workout without smearing, but ran when a few random raindrops hit my face. I do like that it's easy to remove however. I think it's going to be very gentle on my lashes, which is a good thing, especially as they are definitely changing with age and becoming more brittle and less lush.

Overall I'm very pleased with this product and will definitely repurchase.

on 3/10/2011 8:47:00 PM

You cant complain about how dark it is because its probably one of the darkest durgstore mascara you can ever find! It lenghten my lashes. but the separation of my lashes is okay. It gives a loot of volume! Like iitt , but wont repurchase it because i like to try new things xD

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

EW!! DO NOT BUY!! i hate this and wish i never picked it up!it was $10 at target with a liquid liner that was nasty as well . the brush is horribly gobby and cloppy and just a huge disapointment. Its thick and it groups your lashes togather. It is buy far one of the worst mascaras out there right now.hate hate hate...i did have high hopes even seeing a video from allthatglitters21 and her rave pushed me to buy it. Not sure if i got a bad one but the one i have sucks huge disapointment..:((

I buy a lot of mascara, updating usually monthly. At least. (Wasteful, I know, but I love the 'pop' of a fresh mascara!) I've been experimenting with lots of drugstore varieties lately. Austerity measures and all that. Telescopic in 'Carbon Black' has proven one of the best. It has a lot going for it - it defines the lashes well, the colour is truly black, it resists clumping and doesn't flake or migrate during the day despite my prone-to-oiliness lids. I like dramatic lashes but not drag act dramatic, and Telescopic delivers a look that is well-balanced: amped up but tasteful. It's maybe too bold for those seeking an au naturel look, but not bold enough for those who like massive volume.

on 2/18/2011 7:08:00 PM

A good mascara, it does what it says, gives a decent bit of length and is super black. Flaking is minimal which is good as before I had been using L'Oreal Lash Million mascara and the flaking was dreadful. This however, stays put. My only complaint is it doesn't hold a curl as well as it could, it isn't massively bad however and one can easily get past this.

on 2/2/2011 8:19:00 AM

It is not my favourite mascara, however it is a great one!
Due to the rubber wand it is very easy to use: you are able to get the roots of the lashes without touching the skin. It is very black and lengthening.

Contrary to other people I do think it clumps lashes together, and it's relatively easy to get a moderate spidery effect. But maybe I'm rushing the application, since I tend to do so ;)

Also I found that product lasts a long time. After the recommended 3 months it was at good as new, so i have to confess I kept it... (shame on me I now...) Even this day (one year after I got it) it is a usable mascara. For reference much better than the Estee Lauder Sumptuous Waterproof after 2 months.

So: when the Voluminous is not available, I will probably buy this one again. (I can't get Voluminous where I live now).

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

I really love this mascara when I need to get some length. MY lashes are average, not super long (I just started Latisse though). I'm a reddish blonde naturally but dye my hair a Level 5 Red, so I basically you don't see my lashes when not wearing mascara, so it's a crucial everyday item for me. This separates really well, gives me length, no clumping at all. Just very well defined lashes that look beautiful. Despite not being waterproof, it holds up very well when my eyes water (I wear contacts). I'm now on my second tube of this and will buy it again, it's that good.

Currently my favorite mascara. Makes lashes longer AND thicker and does not go anywhere throughout the day. Really the only con is sometimes it is a little difficult to remove, but it's a price I'll gladly pay for how great and long it makes my lashes look.