L'Oreal Paris Telescopic Mascara - Carbon Black

Filtered by skin tone : Fair
L'Oreal Paris Telescopic Mascara - Carbon Black

3.8

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

I love this mascara. Its super easy to apply lengthens my lashes and prevents clumping i will definetly keep buying! :-D

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I love this mascara. It's my HG mascara but in Finland it's really expensive - about 18 euros. That's why I only buy it when on sale for about 11 euros. It is really intensive black and it lenghtens my eyelashes well but doesn't really add any volume. That's fine by me since my priority is to get well separated long lashes. I like the wand, it's the best I've tried so far.

on 4/15/2012 10:06:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

My mom bought this mascara a while ago, and I just got around to using it. I hate it. Sure, it gives you great length and the packaging is adorable, but it clumps like nobody's business. Every time I use it, I have to wait a good five minutes for it to dry so I can waste another five minutes running an eyelash comb through my lashes. All in all, I would never recommend this mascara to anybody. Even my enemies.

on 4/14/2012 3:47:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

This didn't provide enough volume and it actually made my sparse lashes look thinner. Wouldn't recommend for people with sparse lashes... I need more volume!!

on 2/10/2012 3:08:00 PM

A friend bought a tube of this, didn't like it, and gave it to me,

Did not think I'd like it, but WOW .... this is a great product.

I absolutely hate the wand, make no mistake. I'm used to great brushes and applicators, for example, Diorshow, YSL Faux Cils, Oscillation, and all of those have beefy, lush brushes, so this little wand with some ridges takes some getting used to. However, when I read "carbon" on the tube, I thought I would apply it over my Oscillation to make it deep black. Very glad I did.

I apply a couple of coats of LancŰme's Oscillation on first, for a lush, dramatic (and very quick) base, then I've been layering a couple of coats of this over. LOTS of length and deep black.

Will probably purchase again for the effects .... very price friendly. No smudging, no flaking, lots of drama. Gives my other mascaras a lot of umph, and extends the mascara budget a bit.

Great .... I knocked a lippie off for two reasons: 1) the wand; 2) I haven't used it on its own, so I can't really speak to how it wears as a stand alone mascara, I've only worn it over the Oscillation, but it will make my Oscillation stash last longer, so that's a good thing.

on 2/2/2012 8:38:00 PM

I actually really liked this product out of all the drugstore mascaras Ive tried. I loved the regular gold telescopic but it just wasnt thick enough for me. This makes it almost perfect gives great length and pretty deep color. Im a mascara perfectionist so I got bored with this quickly and decided it wasnt right for me. But I deff would recomend this for a lower end mascara

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

The brush only has four bristles on it, so it caused a lot of clumping of lashes into one big lash. But this mascara provided a lot of length for my lashes (which is what I personally was not looking for) and some volume. The mascara quality itself is pretty good. The packaging is good, the tube is shaped like a telescope, which I find is cool. Overall, this is a fine product. If stubble length and volume is what you are looking for, this mascara is not for you.
I would not purchase again because I was not looking for what it offered.

on 1/11/2012 11:43:00 PM

After receiving a bounty of gift cards for Christmas, I headed to the local CVS in search of a new HG mascara. I ended up walking out with three, but for the purposes of this review I will only address LíOrealís Telescopic in Carbon Black.

What I had to work with: Average-to-long blonde eyelashes.

What it claims to do: This mascara claims to lengthen lashes with a dramatic effect due to the carbon pigments.

Price: I had a gift card, but it was $10.99 at CVS. It would be cheaper to buy it at Walgreens or Wal-Mart.

Packaging: Gorgeous sleek black tube fashioned to look like, you guessed it, a telescope. I wasnít sure which end to open so I tried with much chagrin to open the bottom. It didnít work.

Scent: This mascara has a peanut odor mixed with fresh tar. Not a good description, but itís the best Iíve got.

Consistency: This is a very runny mascara. Iíve only had it for a few days, so Iím hoping it will dry out.

Effect on my lashes: The first time I tried it, I was disappointed. It clumped at the base of my lashes, effectively making them look shorter. I gave it another go the second day and had more luck. My lashes lengthened considerably but not without a few drawbacks. The wand is difficult to use because of its sparsely spiked exterior and makes for a tedious application. My lashes were crunchy and prone to clumping by the second coat, and a comb was needed (which I never need.)

Overall impression: Not worth the price. Nice black color, but too difficult to apply and too crunchy. If youíre looking for defined lengthening, look elsewhere.

on 12/14/2011 5:59:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I want to give this 3 1/2 stars. I think has one of the cleanest finishes I've ever seen in a mascara, especially for L'Oreal. It also makes my lashes super long, and I do mean, rediculously long. However, I feel like sometimes it clumps my lashes together just a little bit. Also, doesn't give me any volume, which I wasn't expecting, but I thought maybe it wouldn't look like I had less lashes. I'd buy this again because it's nice, but I'm not all over it because I have very long lashes, but sparse ones. Yes, I know that this mascara wasn't meant for me, but I just wanted to see what the hype was all about, and it's pretty good. :)

on 11/14/2011 12:11:00 AM

Well, I have mixed feelings towards this one. At first, it made me lash all stuck together and looked like I had only a few lashes. I read someone's review on this and said that you should apply this mascara with the tip of the wand. I tried it and it helped a lot. This mascara DOES great job on lengthening, but it doesn't separate very well ( I guess I still don't apply it the best way maybe). It DOESN'T hold a curl because he formula is really wet. I usually use L'Oreal bare natural under and then use telescopic for lengthening after bare natural dries. I might repurchase (kind of pricey) but I'd like to try the telescopic in clean definition first since i heard the clean definition has drier formula.