L'Oreal Paris Telescopic Mascara - Carbon Black

Filtered by skin tone : Fair
L'Oreal Paris Telescopic Mascara - Carbon Black

3.8

Bought this based on the reviews here, and I gotta say, I'm pretty dang impressed! Makes my lashes look SUPER long and full and the curl stays all day! They look just as long and luxe at 5pm as they did at 8am when I applied! My only slight complaint is that it's a bit hard to build with the formula - if you're not careful, you could easily end up with spider lashes. Also, make no mistake, this is for people who like DRAMA lashes! If you want natural, feather-y, "these are my natural lashes" lashes, this is not the mascara for you. I prefer the drama though, so for me, for this price, L'Oreal's got a winner here.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Yay! I buy and try so many mascaras. I like YSL faux cils, but $30 is a little steep for mascara. For me LancĂ´me is so so, meh to Chanel, Dior hasn't impressed me much (although the Dior primer is AWESOME!) I've like L'oreal voluminous, Benefit they're real, and my list goes on for nice mascara but i still continue my search for THE one. This mascara, however, has beaten them all out and I'm so excited! Great price! Love the formula. No smudges. Non-irritating. Long lasting. Jet black lashes - defined, lengthened, some volume, and not spidery on me! Easy easy easy to remove, which I like! Highly recommend.

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

Amazing. One of my favorite mascara's of all-time. Before I discovered this mascara my all-time favorite was L'Oreal's Voluminous. However, with that mascara I find that it smudges when I wear in on my lower lashes (even the waterproof formula!) so I was having to use a different mascara on the bottom lashes to avoid this. Although this mascara isn't as volumizing, it does give good volume while beautifully separates and lengthens my lashes. AND it doesn't smudge or flake at all. I'm obsessed.

on 7/10/2013 2:45:00 AM

I tried this mascara by chance, I had finished my and I bought another one without trying it...really risky!
I don't put on mascara very often, so I don't have a "technique" to put it.
I immediately liked the shape of the applicator, I had no need to clean it to remove the excess mascara, because it had just the right amount of mascara.
I've put on the lashes and, like magic, the eyelashes appeared longer and very black! With just one pass!
I recommend this mascara, it's fantastic!

on 5/18/2013 6:38:00 PM

For more than 4 years I've used only Effet Faux Cils by YSL or Channel's Inimitable (mostly this one), thinking that things can't get better than this. Instead of replacing my Inimitable a week ago,I tried Telescopic instead. And realized what a fool I had been all this time.Telesopic is unimaginably better than faux cils/inimitable. And might I add-at a fair price. I've always felt guilty for spending more than 20 pounds on a mascara that lasts 3 weeks. I could buy a book or something more valuable. Anyway,I won't go into ethical considerations.
Bottom line is-Telescopic is amazing. L'Oreal has done a great job.

This really does a fantastic job of making my lashes appear longer; I've tried a good few mascaras and this wins hands down. I was amazed! It holds a curl well and intensely darkens my lashes. I found the small flexible brush really easy to use in applying the mascara; it really 'grabbed' all my lashes. As long as I wipe a little of the excess mascara off the wand prior to application and then comb through my lashes afterwards, I get well-separated, clump-free lashes. This mascara doesn't do much for me in terms of volume, but in any case it's marketed as a lengthening mascara.

For me, the only negative is it often smudges a little after a few hours' wear, but I can put up with that as it's otherwise excellent.

on 4/5/2013 12:01:00 PM

I absolutely love this mascara and I will never buy any other type. I have tried the golden telescopic mascara before and I was pretty happy about it. However, this one makes me addicted. It thickens and extend my lashes instantly and it takes about 30 seconds to make my lashes look amazing. I have dark eyes and I use smokey-black eye pencil so the deep black shade of the mascara suits me very well. It is definitely worth the price (though it would be great if it got a little bit cheaper)!!

This is "meh". I wish it went on a bit lighter. This formula goes on heavy, at least for me. I get TONS of mascara on my lashes, then they look clumpy, and using a lash comb doesn't make that much of a difference. I think I could still get the longer/darker lash look without the product getting piled on.

One thing this has going for it is the brush. I really like the brush! It's great for getting the lashes at either end of my eyes. I just wish the formula didn't clump and goop. If I could have this brush with the formula of some of Cover Girl's mascaras, I'd be happy.

on 1/3/2013 3:39:00 PM

I am always on the hunt for a HG mascara and I thought I had found it with Benefit's They're Real (but it dries out SO quickly!) so I picked this up and hoped for the best.. I have only used it a couple of times and so far I am loving the results. It takes a little bit of time to fan out the lashes appropriately in order to avoid clumping; in fact I need to use a clean mascara brush after each coat to separate my lashes properly. But the results are totally worth the effort. I LOVE how very very black the mascara is, it is definitely the blackest I have used. And I have always been a fan of thin mascara brushes coupled with a wet formula, so this is a winner with me so far. The results of a couple of coats of mascara (after curling, of course) are dramatic long, dark, thick lashes (but NOT spidery thick). I do have quite long lashes to start with so I am not sure how this will work on shorter eyelashes. I will update in a few weeks and see if it has dried up or if any other negative effects have occurred. So far so good!

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

This mascara and Wet 'n' Wild Clinical Mascara are currently competing for my favorite lash primer. I love a good mascara that defines and lengthens, but that tends to make my lashes look...well... weak. Wimpy. Pitiful. Slap on a coat of Jordana Best Lash Extreme on top of that, though, and I've got thick, clump-free lashes. Add enough coats and people ask if I'm wearing falsies. Gotta love Jordana, but without a primer, it's clump city.
In terms of price, both WnW and Loreal are drugstore, so not a major difference. WnW takes the cake being $4 as opposed to Loreals $10, so if I'm ever broke as a joke, WnW is what I reach for.
Both give me nice length and I've never had any flaking or irritation issues with either mascara.
Where Loreal trumps WnW is definition. WnW is fine and dandy, but if you're not careful (and in early morning when applying mascara I'm typically not) it can clump a little. A good lash comb solves all, but I'd rather not if I don't have to. I don't have issues with Loreal being clumpy, and it a magnificently dark mascara.
Both are nice for everyday use. Overall I'd probably choose Telescopic if forced to come to a descision, but WnW will never hurt me or my wallet.