Calvin Klein Obsession

Filtered by skin tone : Fair-Medium
Calvin Klein Obsession

3.6

Going through some of the reviews, I am wondering if I missed something, but I really like this scent. It was my go to scent for many years. Lately I've been more into the lighter perfumes, but I still use this one on occasion. I only have to use two light sprays and I am good for the entire day (or if the shirt isn't dirty and isn't washed right away, the smell stays on it after that day even). I think it can be way too heavy and horrible if you marinate in it, but I don't use much, just enough to be enjoyable. I've gotten quite a few comments on it too...

I recommend it and would buy it again when mine runs out

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Gross! I am not a fan of this perfume. I got it for my birthday when I turned 12... yes.. 12! I think my friend's mom regifted it cause there is no way she would go out of her way to buy a 12 year old this crap. It's way too strong. I still had the full bottle up until a year ago when I finally threw it out and I'm 23. I can't believe how popular this perfume used to be! It's awful.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

I was just a baby when this was popular, and I've never known anyone who wore it, so I bought it completely blind on eBay, just wanting to try it.

I'm having trouble describing what this perfume means to me now. I have been feeling bad about myself lately, I'm on antidepressants which have caused irregular weight gain and SEVERE stretch marks, and I've been having odd pains and aches and fluid retention and you-name-it. All in all, I've been finding it hard to adhere to my beliefs in body acceptance and weight neutrality and self-love.

Then along came Obsession, arriving in the mail.

I spritzed it on my wrists, and the next thing I knew I was enveloped in a warm, sensual musk of vanilla and caramel, and suddenly my body was no longer a battlefield of strange and depressing feelings and side effects: It was a warm, soft, glowing whole of beauty and comfort, and I felt so good I wanted to cry.

This perfume is my little miracle. It is helping me through a really bad time, and it is helping me feel sexy and beautiful when my body makes it hard to feel that way. Thank you, Obsession.

on 1/17/2011 10:28:00 AM

Cant say enough about this perfume! I am a retail manager, so I come across a lot of people through out the day, and I ALWAYS receive compliments on this. It is extremely strong, less is more with this perfume. I just put a little on my wrist and call it a day. It is just enough for people to get a small whiff of it when I'm around. My sales associates are all in love with it and know when I'm around! When applied LIGHTLY, it is the most unique and captivating smell. LOVE it!

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I got this for a steal on ebay and I have to admit I still love it. This type of perfume (obsession/opium) just have this warm enveloping scent that just makes me want to spray it and wrap up in a blanket and just keep sniffing myself lol, ok maybe TMI;) I can see how people would think of this as too retro, I too wore it to excess in high school but even with that said it still appeals to me. This bottle (1.7 Parfum) will last a while and I am sure it will take me years if ever to rebuy.

on 5/25/2010 12:17:00 PM

This fragrance does not smell the same now as it used to. It was reformulated and is much more chemical now than it was before. I loved it, but I don`t like it now. Old bottle had golden ring on a cap, and oldest bottles had spray-cap. New bottle is with dark brown plastic cap.

on 2/13/2010 2:24:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

My opinion of this is sort of conditional--dabbed on sparingly from a sample vial, I like it a lot, in all its orangey/spicy/amber loudness. But I can't imagine applying even one full-size spritz, much less more than one. It would choke the wearer and everyone in the vicinity.

on 2/5/2010 10:22:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I have worn this for years, and it is hands down my favorite perfume. It's strong, so you only need a little. My special twist on this is that I use a spritz of Obsession and then a spritz of Comptoir Sud Pacifique Vanille Cannelle (Cinnamon Vanilla) - the combination is wonderful. I've been complimented by complete strangers on my fragrance and my boyfriend adores it.

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

My aunt has this perfume and I've only sniffed it once! The smell is so distinct that I can STILL recall it. As the viewer below notes, it has a slightly spicy punch to it, which I personally like. However, I can definitely see why some people would find it offending and far too strong. It reminds me of a more feminine cologne. To me, it's not a cheap smell. It's very distinctive and has an edge to it.

on 12/16/2009 6:07:00 AM

this is strong!!! very sweet and spicy. there is no mistaking this scent when someone wears it. i go into a time warp when i smell this...an 80's flashback!! when this came out it was all anybody was wearing and i got sick of it. now that so much time has passed i can appreciate it but still can rarely make myself wear this powerhouse.

Popular Fragrances