Dermalogica AGE Smart Antioxidant Hydramist

Dermalogica AGE Smart Antioxidant Hydramist

4.2

Not tested on animals

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

I'm on the fence about this Dermalogica toner. I have always used the Multi Active Toner or PTR conditioning tonic and loved them. I really want to like it, but I don't. I don't think it hydrates as much as it is hyped up to be.

I decided to try this because I love the HAs. They make me feel so hydrated. I'm not real sure sure if this toner dries my skin out or not. It doesn't feel more hydrated. I do not care for the smell. I will use what I have because this is not breaking me out by any means. It feels nice after the shower, but as far as doing anything else...I don't see it. I'm slightly disappointed with this. I don't feel any dewier or like my moisturizer penetrates deeper when using this product.

I can use the Dermalogica Hydrating Booster or another HA serum with my moisturizer if I need an extra burst of hydration.

The packaging of the mist slender as it is only 5.1 oz. That is a plus because it doesn't take up so much room in my vanity...but it's not enough to make me want to repurchase. I like the spray bottle, I think it is pricey for a toner. For 5.1 oz this is around the $35 margin. I can not recall exactly.

I really like the PTR Conditioning Tonic (8 oz for $32, i pour into dedicated spritzer bottle) or the Dermalogica Multi Active Toner (8.4 oz in spray bottle for $30) as other options. I will be picking up one of these other options when this is gone! I have been spraying this on my legs before I use my body butter to get rid of this.

Final rating: two thumbs down

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

i have aging skin,and am very,very dry.This product is sucking me dry.and burning.

on 12/5/2008 5:30:00 PM

Okay, this product "feels" nice, and yes, probably does what it says. But I have to disagree on the smell. I take lots of vitamins and I also garden frequently, and I can say without a doubt, that it has the very distinct smell of nettles, which is somewhat earth, yes, but a very sharp, antiseptic smell that I find revolting as I am misting on my face. Seems to linger on too. Just be sure to take a wiff before purchasing, and if it bothers you like it does me, check out Pur's brand, which I think has all the same benefits, without the odor, and possibly a bit cheaper.

Hair: Other, Other, Fine

I Have been using this for a week now and I love it. after i cleanse with the age smart cleanser, i spritz this on my face then use the moisturizer mixed with the Map-15. This regimen so far has improved the tone and firmness of my skin and no breakouts. I also use this particular product to set my MU in the morning. very moisturizing & dewy. As the name implies not really meant for those under I'd say 35. So those who are young and using this, its just a waste of money. Its meant for us mid-aged ladies.

on 1/7/2008 10:07:00 PM

I think the previous reviewer has all the details on what its supposed to do..

I have the sample/trial pack size of this product, and to be honest I am a bit underwhelmed. Its a very fine mist, smells like rosewater, or rosehip oil.

It didn't really seem to add moisture to my skin, and appeared to 'thin out' the dynamic skin recovery moisturiser.. Which I didn't need.

It might be doing something fancy, or it might not. For now I am using it as a hydrating mist at the office.

on 11/5/2007 2:43:00 PM

Got this as part of the Age Smart sample package that my esthetician gave me. I'm not a big toner user, but I really love this one.

Description from Dermalogica: Antioxidant Hydramist is a refreshing antioxidant shield with flash-firming properties to improve skin texture while intensely hydrating dry, dehydrated skin. Convenient mist-on formula supplements skinís protective barrier by creating an active antioxidant shield of White Tea, Licorice and Vitamin E to fight damaging free radicals, while a patented polypeptide helps prevent the signs of aging caused by Advanced Glycation End-products (AGEs Ė a damaging byproduct of sugar/protein reactions in the skin). A highly-active Vitamin C complex, combined with collagen-stimulating peptides, encourages firmness and elasticity to help reduce the appearance of fine lines. Hyaluronic Acid acts as a hydration magnet to quench dehydrated skin while Pea Extract creates instant firming action to lift and tighten. Rose and Clove extracts comfort and refresh skin. Contains no artificial fragrance or color.

Directions: Spritz Dermalogica AGE Smart Antioxidant HydraMist to hydrate skin. Use after cleansing and any time throughout the day.

My skin: uber-tuff combo mostly oily, yet dehydrated. I use this after cleansing with the AS Skin Resurfacing, or after the Multivitamin Recovery Mask. I can't attest to the full size version, but the spray nozzel on the sample size sprays a very fine mist that is perfect for spraying directly on skin. Scent is light and refreshing and not overly rose, which I usually can't tolerate. Smells very fresh. Absorbs into my skin almost immediately and really seems to wake it up a bit. Also sets mu beautifully, including powder without streaking. Doesn't dry out my skin at all, or grease it out and hasn't caused breakouts. Will definitely be buying the full size version when I run out.

Ingredients: Water (Aqua), Butylene Glycol, Pa)mitoylTrjpeptide-5, Arginine/Lysine Polypeptide, Magnesium Ascorbyl Phosphafe; Glucosamine HCI, Sodiom Carboxymethyl Beta-Glucan, Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract, Bambusa Vulgaris Leaf/Stem Extract, Pisum Sativum (Pea) Extract, Aloe Barbadansis Leaf Juice Powder, Sodium Lactate, Sodium PCA, Sorbitol, Proline, Dipotassium Glycyrrhizate, Methyl Gluceth-20, Lecithin, Tocopherol, Glycerin, Disodium EDTA, PEG-40 Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Benzyl PCA, Phenoxyethanol, Citral, Citronell Eugenol, Farnesol, Geraniol, Hydroxycitronellal, Isoeugenol, Linalool, Acorus Calamus, Aniba Rosaedora(Rosewood) Wood Oil, Eugenia Caryophyllus (Clove)Flower Oil, Heliantbus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Oil, Pelargonium Graveolens Flower Oil, Rose Flower Oil, Citrus Medica Limonum (Lemon) Peel Oil/Extract, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Tocopheryl Acetate.