PENHALIGON'S Lily & Spice

No Image

4.2

on 7/16/2012 2:38:00 PM

I have a lot of lily scents and for a long time I did not think anything could compare with DK Gold but I was wrong. This is rapidly becoming my favourite lily. I love the mixture of lily and saffron. It has a creamy quality I do not find in Un Lys for instance. Staying power is good and I actually got a compliment from dh on this one, which is unheard of.

on 7/17/2012 3:14:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

Eyes: Violet

Although this might seem overwhelming for some, it has personality and depth so it could be fantastic on the right person. Not me, sadly.

on 6/28/2013 4:12:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine

Creamy lilies, but much softer than I thought it would be and almost too sheer and simple. The notes make this sound like it will be fantastic on, but in the end, it was a very simple lily scent, though thankfully without indole. I would wear it if given to me as a gift, but I wouldn't seek it out to buy.

on 7/9/2013 1:01:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

This fragrance opens with a soft dewy lily, not overly loud and yet still very much present. It has an earthiness that keeps it grounded and allows the flower to bloom as if in your garden, not a flower that you would already find in the florist shop, clean and denuded of it's pollen pods. The heart notes allow the vanilla to peek out and add a soft warmth. While there is a hint of musk in the final dry down, it stays true to the lily throughout. I get absolutely no patchouli, which for me is a great thing; I'm sure that is what is adding the earthiness, but it isn't screaming "patchouli" it is just adding a grounding note. Staying power is about average; approximately 6-8 hours on my skin.