SK-II Facial Treatment Essence

on 12/20/2016 3:11:00 AM

Very hydrating

on 11/22/2016 10:14:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

To debrief, I have super sensitive, acne-prone, dry combo skin. What a mouthful. To be honest, I've always seen SKII being a 'holy grail' brand due to the amount of people praising their products and also because of their prices (because expensive means better, right?). So one day I decided to buy the Pitera Essence Set which included the Facial Treatment Essence 75mL, Facial Treatment Mask 1pc and the Facial Treatment Clear Lotion 30mL all for $100. Normally, you can get the Facial essence 75mL for the same price, however, this is probably a better deal, especially if this is your first time trying it.

Now for starters, this product has quite a lot of claims including that: "In just 14 days, your skin’s 5 dimensions are visibly transformed: age spots are less visible, appearance of wrinkles is reduced, skin texture is more refined, firmness is improved, and radiance is beautifully elevated. Skin becomes breathtakingly crystal clear."

However, I beg to differ. The texture of the essence and lotion is like water, however, there have been a few people online complaining about the smell of the essence. For me, I am not bothered by the smell, but there are some days where the smell is definitely more potent than others. Now onto the real review of this product.

Using this product did not disrupt my super sensitive skin, and I actually found my skin becoming 'less sensitive' (as in my skin wasn't breaking out into red patches frequently). I should also mention it did almost nothing for my acne, as my pimples were still very much on my face just as it was before i used this product.
However, within the first few days I found a noticeable difference in the texture of my skin, and the size of my blackheads and pores around my nose. However, that was it. I continued using it for the next 3 months, and my pores and blackheads reverted back to normal but the texture of my face was still smooth.
Currently, i have stopped using it and my skin seems to be doing just fine without using it. Would I recommend it? Well, if you have problems with the texture of your skin, sure! But would I buy it again? Definitely not. There are many cheaper alternatives out there on the market. In fact, I'm using one from Missha that is half the price and does the job just as well. The only good thing that I would recommend buying from the set is the Facial Treatment Mask as that really helps tighten your skin - I could literally feel the difference.

Nevertheless, this product is good for people who are having problems with the texture of their skin, however, you should keep in mind that there are many cheaper alternatives out there. It should also be noted that what might not work for me doesn't always mean that it will never work for anyone else, as everyone has different skin types and thus different products will work for them. However, if you have been dying to finally try a SK-II product, than why not give this a shot.

on 11/20/2016 10:20:00 PM

Hair: Black, Other, Coarse

This is my Holy Grail product and I will keep repurchasing despite the exorbitant price. Now you may be thinking, why would you spend this much money on a toner? Because it really works. Every time my skin breaks out I can always depend on this bottle of Pitera magic to clear up my face. Every single time. I don't use it every day because I am cheap so it does last me a while. It is not moisturizing so you may need to follow up with another toner if you are dry, and people say that it smells like saliva but it doesn't bother me. I cannot describe how much I love this product. Everybody buy buy buy.

on 10/23/2016 7:35:00 PM

I re'cd this in one of those Sephora packages that groups together different types of skincare. This stuff is crazy expensive and so I won't be buying it after I finish my little bottle, but I will say that my skin seems to be more luminous.

When I finish this bottle, I'll buy the Tony Moly dupe for $22. It has even more pitera and I've always found TM products to be high quality

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

So apparently it is supposed to help brighten your skin and do another bunch of miraculous things...

I have tried it for the past month or so using it day and night and well I have not seen any major improvements at all! I mean yeah it moisturised and hydrated my skin, but I could easily get a million other products under the sun to do the same thing, and better.

I am thankful that I only got the travel sized bottle and didn't waste $$$ on a larger sized bottle! I wish I could go back to the SK-II counter and exchange it for some sake instead... don't give me the by product give me the main product. At least I can drink my sorrows away by buying this product and to have high hopes for it and then it doing nothing for my skin.

It has been a few months since I posted the above review and I have persevered with using the FTE and my God the results have been amazing! Not only my skin is hydrated, dewy and also emitting that natural glow, but on one side of my face, my acne scars have faded dramatically (I think because of it!) - the other side of the face, well the acne thinks its fun to still have a hoot there, but on the other side it is definitely improved a lot. So much so I purchased the largest bottle they have for sale! So my views on the product have DEFINITELY changed!

on 10/7/2016 9:42:00 AM

Hair: Black, Other, Coarse

I bought 75 ml size and gone through half of it. I'm still skeptical about the result. I didn't notice any different but a friend of mine borrowed my bottle and used for 1 night. In the next day his face is glowing. I guess it's good for my wallet that it didn't work.

(Throwback review)

(I have luck with shiseido ibuki, retin A and vitamin c)

on 9/10/2016 5:54:00 AM

Let me start by telling you my story First. I have a very sensitive combination skin. To add salt to injury it developed a painful type of rosacea over the last years due to use of anti acne products. I was left with a combo sensitive skin yet extremely dry in some areas. I always struggled trying to find the 'perfect' product for my skin. I tried many high end brands and I even had to go to a dermatologist. I tried natural remedies but nothing seemed to work out. The products would either broke me out or dried out my skin. And then came Missha time revolution essence which my sister swore by it and this is how I was introduced to the idea of 'essence' for the first time. I ordered it from an online shopping website. I used it a couple of times but it didn't seem to work either so I started to compare it with SKII essence and I read many bloggers' reviews and watched many youtubers raving about. So I said to myself why not give it a try. I went straight ahead to the SKII counter and got myself one. I started to see the difference including the smooth texture and the healthy complexion when I woke up the next morning. Then I tried the toner and I'm soooo glad I did . it does contain salicylic acid but that was a bounty for me my skin cleared up within a week. It moisturized and removed the dirt very effectively. The essence and the toner seemed to work perfectly when used together. But I needed more moisturizing effect so I got myself the repair C and the RNA cream. I can't rave enough about these two especially when I layered them on my face. My face looked absolute dewy moisturized super healthy and radiant. Now it is almost a month since I used them all together and there is no single break out yes no more clogged pores or painful pimples or dryness or even painful rosacea but I still can't see any different regarding the fine lines, I have some when I'm smiling. And bear in mind it could be irritating the first two weeks But my skin got along with it eventually. I didn't freak out because I was told this is gone happen and I needed to be patient. But still it could differ from one to another so try to get a sample from each product since they are massively expensive.

on 7/9/2016 3:33:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

I have used this product intermittently for the past decade. Every time I try the line, I really hope it makes a difference. It's an ok moisturiser, but that's it. When I do try the line, I mean the whole product line of cleanser, toner, essence, cream (LXP), eye cream, whitener, face mask, etc etc. It sets me back $1000 easily each time I give it a go. So believe me when I say I have given it a go, and that I have real regrets.

For those of you who really like pitera (known as galactomyces), there are plenty of dupes around. Tony Moly, Missha and a whole list of other companies sell this at a fraction of the price. This website comes with a few other alternatives: http://haninskin.blogspot.com.au/2015/05/all-that-galactomycessaccharomyces.html (I am NOT affiliated!)

I tell you all this, because like I have told my best friend who uses this line, if you want the active ingredient, you shouldn't have to pay this much. Seriously, Tony Moly is $22 for a 150ml bottle on Amazon. AND it is 96.5% pitera! (vs SKII at 90%)

If you like the product, great. Personally, I gave $700 worth of unused remaining products to my sister because I felt like I was splashing water on my face. Now I use a $20 moisturiser from Etude House, and toner/serum from Instanatural (which cost approx $20 each). However, if you want to stick with pitera, for the sake of your wallets, please consider the alternatives. Some of the other brands are really quite reputable.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I have used this for the last year or so, off and on. I don't think this is the end all be all HG skin product but it definitely works well with other products stacked. I think this has made a difference in my skin looking better over the last year.

on 6/26/2016 12:48:00 PM

I see no differences. No good, no bad. Nothing. I could've used a water instead, but for free.