SK-II Facial Treatment Essence

SK-II Facial Treatment Essence
Facial Treatment EssenceFacial Treatment Essence

3.5

Tried this out for 2 weeks as I was given a deluxe sample of this and really liked it at first, I thought it was clearing up my skin.

I then went on to purchase the full sized one, and now regret it, thank goodness I kept my receipt and was able to do a return for a refund.

My skin looked became sensitive and crepe like it dehydrated my skin and left me with more visible fine lines around my already dry eye area.

Overall my skin looked dry and crepey, this was about a month into it, my capillaries also seemed to look more visible. It also seems to have become more sensitive.

Since I’ve stopped using it , i’ve been piling on moisturiser and its in better condition now, not nearly as dehydrated and sensitive as the SKII FTE left my skin to be.

The packaging is beautiful though, has a weight to it , and elegant design. Price wise, hefty. I’ve heard good thing about this but it just doesn’t work for my skin.

on 4/8/2018 9:55:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I hate to admit that I have fallen in love with this product. It's SO expensive that it would have been much better for my wallet if I'd hated it! I will definitely have to repurchase though. It took a few days to notice an improvement, but after applying this every night I wake up with skin that's smooth and as close to perfection as I think I'll get. It can be tricky to apply. I never use a cotton pad because like others I don't want to waste it. It usually works ok to dispense some in your hand and apply it that way. I notice no scent at all, and the smallest bottle ($100) lasts me a very long time.

on 3/20/2018 9:32:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I will never go without.

Used since 2007, the year my skin decided to dry up like the death valley due to the delight that is the english weather. Cystic acne - big, purple nodules that had no head and would perpetually stay under my skin, getting purpler by the day. I suffered for about six to nine months from this and in the beginning i tried all sorts of 'anti blemish/acne' treatments - dermalogica and other "acne brands" designed to dry out the skin further which obviously made the problem worse, i got more and more of them on my cheeks and they just would not subside. My self esteem was at an all time low, i wore the thickest mac foundation that was available at that time, layered with thick concealer AND thick powder.

Then, my mum decided to purchase the discontinued aqua physics set of sk2 and gave it to my friend to pass to me. (this was before the days of online shopping, and sk2 was VERY hard to get in the uk at that time) This set had cleanser, the essence, serum and moisturiser. Within a fortnight my skin was drastically improving. after two or three months of continuous usage, my skin became problem free. in fact, my acne had all cleared up by the following winter and never came back. all i had left was remnants of scars on my left cheek caused by the prolonged presence of underground nodules. the scars never did go away completely, even now, 10 years on, my left cheek still has faint pink scars from that harrowing period in my life.

Throughout the years, I gave up FTE on and off but decided to stick to it permanently about 5 years ago. Best decision I've ever made. Now i get complimented on my skin all the time, at an age where my friends are starting to get crows feet and laugh lines, i have (touch wood) nary a crinkle on glowy skin.

Expensive. But I will never give it up and it is ABSOLUTELY worth it. prolonged use shows on your face.

on 3/18/2018 8:03:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral

Pro:
- My skin looks brighter and feels softer.

Cons:
- Expensive.
- The last time I've used the product, it contained paraben.

For the price it's worth, I feel there are other dupes out there that can do a similar job at fraction of the price.

on 3/3/2018 11:59:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

Since I had severe acne, this helped me a lot. It did a great job with brightening skin and making your skin clear like a crystal (I'm not exaggerating). But days ago it has made yeast acne appeared on my face and also because of hot weather. So, I'm now stopping using it to give my face a rest. I do recommend you guys who have acne-prone and oily skin to use this product in winter. But it's still one of my best essence whatever it caused yeast acne (not that big deal) because it has ever helped me get over severe acne. When the time is right, I will come back using this product.

on 2/5/2018 9:14:00 AM

There was so much hype about this product that I had to try it. I like using a facial essence in my routine because I notice they improve the tone and texture of my skin. My experience with this product was nice. It is extremely light weight and soaks into the skin quickly. It did not leave any residue or interfere with other products.

The con is that I did not notice any improvement while using this. I have used other facial essences by La Mer and Sisley and really enjoyed them. This one just didn't wow me, and that is after two full size bottles.

I would like to state that I only review a product after I have finished the entire full size. If I was not able to finish the product due to irritation, I will say so in my review.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

This is one of my holy grail products, and splurge on at least 2-3 bottles a year... if you have PROBLEM skin— from cystic acne, issues with tiny bumps, or rough areas— this stuff is awesome: It is the only thing I have ever actually had make my Pores smaller. Blackheads, Whitehead’s, congested, patchy or unevenTexture— these can/will change your skin.
If you already have pretty good skin, skip it. ;) congrats! You don’t need it and it won’t do much.;)) the masks, however, could probably give results on everyone.

Note: Sephora is a great way to try it, Bc you can always return it if you are sensitive or have no results.

Also, I am pretty sure this is a very similar product to biologue researches p450 in principle.

The essence and treatment lotion are practically the same thing, you don’t need both.

on 12/11/2017 12:11:00 PM

i didnt personally use this but my mom did for 5 years straight and her face is as soft as a baby's butt. it's the only skincare product she used for a long time and i think that really made the difference. it is insanely expensive, but she highly recommends it. she did get comments that she doesn't look 45 -- despite her having bad skin back in her 30s

on 12/10/2017 4:58:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

Having used so many skin care products and brands, the SK-II is one that has proven truly effective, in my case. Some other products I have tried work to make my skin feel better and are a joy to use, some others work instantaneously but superficially (eg, products with firming, tightening effect). Well, SK-II FTE is not one of those. For me, the benefits have been visible and real. My skin texture and complexion has improved a lot since using this. Acne is kept at bay, oiliness is controlled, wrinkled have diminished, and discolourations have faded. It is expensive, but absolutely worth it. I don’t know how something with the consistency and appearance of simple water can work so well. I’ll keep on buying, so long as I can afford it!
PS, I just put drops on my palm and tap the essence all over my face. I have refrained from using cotton to apply, as the product is wasted on the cotton.

on 12/3/2017 3:08:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This product is life changing. I have never ever used anything on my skin that has made such a difference. It is super expensive but IT WORKS. I have dry/dehydrated skin and nothing makes my skin glowy and fresh like this essence. I don't use it everyday because it is so expensive, but if I'm ever having a bad skin day, this saves it immediately. If i have a breakout, this stops it. If my skin feels dry, this moisturizes it. This product is truly incredible.