SKII Facial Treatment Essence

SKII Facial Treatment Essence
Facial Treatment EssenceFacial Treatment Essence

3.5

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool

I'm really on the fence about this product. I bought it because I really believed that it would hydrate my skin and give it that clear, purified, bouncy look that's always in those Asian skin commercials. I also just really wanted to believe the hype and this was more or less an impulse buy. I got it at Sephora as part of the Pitera starter set.

I don't know why but my skin doesn't seem to react well with yeast. Anytime I use a product whose star ingredient is yeast, my skin either breaks out or feels super dry. I have very combination skin - normal t zone, dry cheeks. Anyway this essence was no different. A few mins after application my skin feels very dry and tight. It also doesn't seem to really boost the moisturizer I use after - my skin feels the same level of hydration either with or without. I used this for 2 months.

As for the anti-aging claims, I don't have any signs of aging whatsoever and I'm under 25. So I'm not sure how effective it is for that. I don't mind the scent at all - I've used products with a far stronger scent than this. I also find it calming and really appreciate that no extra fragrance was added - my skin is sensitive enough as it is!

My bottom line is - I really don't think this is worth the $100+ CAD. Now, bear in mind I only used this for 2 months and I've read somewhere on an SK II site that you need to go through 1 or 2 full bottles of this essence to really see the difference. I would have kept on using it and finishing the bottle if I didn't keep breaking out with this. The breakouts started about 2 months after I began using it. It wasn't the time of month where my hormones are crazy when the breakouts happened and they pretty much disappeared or were no longer irritated after I stopped using this.

I guess my advice to people thinking about buying this would be - if you don't have tons of extra $$ to spend, don't blindly believe the advertising. If yeast works well for your skin, this product could be great! To me, SKII is similar to La Mer in that they really push "the story" and the "magical" part of the product. It's marketing in the end and it's better to rely on a science based approach if you really want to spend $$ on your skincare. And besides, my Olay moisturizer from the drugstore works better than this product in terms of contributing to clear, healthy, hydrated skin.

on 8/8/2017 7:03:00 AM

I'm not sure how I feel about this product, I don't understand what it's meant to do. I've been using it but haven't seen any results. Also, you moisten a cotton pad with it and wipe it over your face but for a product so expensive it seems crazy to use so much when so little actually ends up on your face. I love the SK-II Steam Power face cream and have seen results from it but paired with the facial essense there is no further effect, I will just stick with the Steam Power cream by itself.

on 7/16/2017 9:20:00 PM

I've been using SK2 FTE for about 10 years before i decided to call it a day. i switched to Kose which costs a fraction of FTE but sadly i had to crawl back barely 2 years thereafter. I poured into a quality muji spray bottle as it lasted me way longer than using it on a cotton pad. after spraying all over i then use my palm on my face to warm the absorption. I have oily combi skin and FTE controls the amount of oiliness on my T zone. the effect is lasting and i only need to blot once a day. My face is also clearer. This may not work for everyone but I'm glad it works for me. I loved the FTE so much I went on to try many of SK2's other products but they weren't at all impressive. The hefty price tag does not justify the benefits they claimed (since i barely experience any myself) but FTE is my HG and ill be forking out money for as long as i live.

I got this as part of a BzzAgent campaign. I almost wish I didn't sign up for it as it works wonderfully and yet so expensive. I am noticing my forehead wrinkles specifically are much less prominent than before I started using it. It doesn't clog my pores either. All the hype is worth it.

Many people swear by this as their holy grail product, which is made with the by product of Sake making, which is called pitera. This product is definitely a cult classic. To be honest, with all my experience using this product i've never noticed any positive benefits, but certainly haven't had any negative either. I would just find it too funny if all this product was was a bottle of $100 mineral water... My more detailed review is below.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I have used up 1 & decide to switch to the pump bottle which is more convenient to get the product out& control how much product to use. The product is over priced but it lasts for a long time, nearly 6 month for me. The product is not too miracle in short term use but after constantly using for two years, my skin is much brighter& healthier. It might not effectively anti age to people with more mature skin I think but for much younger one, to brighten& hydrate.

on 6/10/2017 3:29:00 AM

There is nothing in this except Pitera, ie. yeast. It's proven to do nothing. So if you want to succumb to marketing and pay $100plus for yeast, go for it.

I've been an avid user of this essence for 4 years ever since I turned into 19 yrs old. I never missed a day using this essence in the morning and night. It is actually very common for first time user to experience purging for the first few months. I personally purged for about 4 months and after my breakout calmed down. Now I only got hormonal acne that is not preventable by skincare. This essence restore hydration to my face (combination oily, dehydrated, sensitive, enlarged pores. Whee) and it soothes my skin right away. I can't tell you how much i love this. It's not a product that will reverse aging, but slowed it down. That's why you can only see the benefit if you used it EARLY in your life. I got no wrinkles in my face (except few fine lines under my eyes). I know I'm still young but friends of my age tend to develop worry line and smile line already.

Pricewise, yes it is not a cheap product. But I always get this in pump bottle and it is much cheaper to buy it in Asia. That's why I always buy this when I travel home.

Packaging: Why bother with the glass bottle? Get the pump bottle. Want to travel? If you buy it in SKII counter, they always give you travel sized fte.

Not sure what it did. Such a waste of money. I bought it to get rid of my little bumps. Bumps still there.

on 6/1/2017 7:52:00 AM

Would love to buy again but WAY too expensive!!! feels so refreshing and left my skin feeling moisturized all day.
Oh well!