SK-II Facial Treatment Essence

Facial Treatment EssenceFacial Treatment Essence

3.5

on 7/10/2018 11:14:00 AM

Hair: Silver, Straight, Fine

I decided to try this based on the hype. I am not sure that I have seen all the benefits of the claims yet, but my skin is smooth. I did not repurchase and after reading comparisons with COSRX I switched to that one. It has the same essential ingredients but also has hyaluronic acid and niacinimide (sp) for under $30. I will continue to use the COSRX.

on 7/10/2018 10:48:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral

I used up an entire bottle of this. Not because it was good, but because it was a gift that I couldn't return. With a price tag over $75, I wanted to get the full scoop.

I would never repurchase. Honestly even if it worked for me. The price isn't the issue here, it's the ingredients. The fermented ingredient (Galactomyces Ferment Filtrate) is the selling point. There are close-ish dupes on the market for a fraction of the cost (examples: CosRX, Missha). And I've used those for comparison. Nothing in the ingredient list is mind blowing. I didn't notice any difference, good or bad, between the brands.

Fermented ingredients just don't seem to do anything for my skintype. That's not to say it's bogus. Everyone's skin just reacts differently to ingredients. Some people love vitamin c while others have better success with acids or tretinoin. Skincare is very your-mileage-may-vary. Galactomyces Ferment Filtrate is meant to hydrate, brighten, and smooth skin all at once. So if the active ingredient works for you, keep using it.

Now, if you do like this product... please only use it as a leave on. If you use it as a toner or make up remover before washing your face, congrats on throwing money away. Washing it off so quickly after will never give the active ingredient a chance to do its "work".

I have terribly sensitive and acne prone skin. I started using this product a month ago. Within 3 weeks, there is no improvement of acnes but my skin looks younger and fresher. Even though the acnes has not gone away, my face skin become firmer and brighter. I even have new pop up acnes on my face while using this but I keep using. After 3 weeks. there is no new acnes on my face and acne scars became fading. Although the price is high, I will repurchase this product.

on 7/1/2018 6:49:00 AM

No out of this world obvious effect after 2 months of use. My acne problem remains. BUT it definitely made my face less oily. In fact my once oily-combination face is now normal-dry and i just use a hydrating moisturiser for that. Because of that itself, my makeup is able to last all day! For that, ill continue using ang hopefully my acne will resolve over longer use.

This facial treatment essence and the RNA milky lotion are bomb af!! My dry patches are gone. The game changer in the skincare line. Splurge? Nah, its worth the price. i Will repurchase again and again!!!

on 6/4/2018 1:10:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

If you tend towards fungal acne, (it’s a thing, look it up), then use this product with extreme caution, or not at all. Yeast is the main ingredient in this product, and fungal acne is a yeast overgrowth problem...

I see so many reviews with people getting worse skin, more breakouts, worse breakouts, itchiness, rashes, etc. Quite probable that those, and many people, can’t tolerate the additional yeast on their skin.

I think it’s safe advice that if you have any kind of acne, or even if you don’t, patch test this first for a while, and don’t buy the full bottle if you can’t return it.

on 5/20/2018 11:09:00 PM

So expensive but this is really good! I'm halfway through my first bottle but already my face seems brighter. Using it like a toner in the morning before moisturizing/sunblocking/priming my face for make-up. I like that the texture is light and absorbs easily into the skin after cleansing. But it's really pricey, so I'd probably repurchase if there's a discount.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool

This must be my 292765th time trying the SK II Treatment Essence sample but unfortunately it just never works for me! My skin looked great for 1-2 days and then tiny red bumps appeared and would not subside unless I stopped using the product. I have encountered similar issue with all SKII products so far and have decided to give up. The only product from SKII line I would recommend is the SKII Facial Treatment Essence Masks - but even with that, use sparingly. Once a month or a quarter is the frequency I go for.

Tried this out for 2 weeks as I was given a deluxe sample of this and really liked it at first, I thought it was clearing up my skin.

I then went on to purchase the full sized one, and now regret it, thank goodness I kept my receipt and was able to do a return for a refund.

My skin looked became sensitive and crepe like it dehydrated my skin and left me with more visible fine lines around my already dry eye area.

Overall my skin looked dry and crepey, this was about a month into it, my capillaries also seemed to look more visible. It also seems to have become more sensitive.

Since I’ve stopped using it , i’ve been piling on moisturiser and its in better condition now, not nearly as dehydrated and sensitive as the SKII FTE left my skin to be.

The packaging is beautiful though, has a weight to it , and elegant design. Price wise, hefty. I’ve heard good thing about this but it just doesn’t work for my skin.

on 4/8/2018 9:55:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I hate to admit that I have fallen in love with this product. It's SO expensive that it would have been much better for my wallet if I'd hated it! I will definitely have to repurchase though. It took a few days to notice an improvement, but after applying this every night I wake up with skin that's smooth and as close to perfection as I think I'll get. It can be tricky to apply. I never use a cotton pad because like others I don't want to waste it. It usually works ok to dispense some in your hand and apply it that way. I notice no scent at all, and the smallest bottle ($100) lasts me a very long time.