SKII Facial Treatment Essence

Filtered by eye Color : Brown
SKII Facial Treatment Essence

3.6

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

"The fool and his money soon parted"

Ok, I have to keep that phrase in mind everytime I start wanting to purchase this product because honestly it's amazing. I bought the insanely overpriced tiny sample off amazon... it looks like water, and I wasn't sure how to apply it-- I applied it straight w/my hands because using it as a toner w/a cotton ball would have been a total waste of $$.

It makes my skin look RADIANT. There's just something about the way my skin looks after using this essence.. glowy and just great. My skin feels softer after using it and somehow hydrated even tho the texture is just like water with a little something added to it, like glycerin or w/e.

But the price of a full sized bottle is totally unjustifiable to my budget. Literally washing your money down the drain... Someday when I'm rich I'll buy bottles and bottles of SK II but for now the price just ruins the product. It's just not worth it for something so temporary.

on 9/30/2013 4:18:00 AM

I've been using this for about 1 month now with the SkII Facial Treatment Lotion. So far my skin become more hydrate and I've less break out. I can also tell that my skin look more radiant and even skin tone before I use this. I've de-hydrate oily skin but after using the SKII essence I'm less oily and have less clogged pores. It is a little pricy but I think it is worth every pennies. For those who had a bad experience with the essence, maybe you gals should try using the lotion as a toner before the essence rather than using this as a toner.

on 9/30/2013 12:09:00 AM

Ever since I started using SK-II products, my skin has become more supple, hydrated, even toned and brighter. I attribute this to the Pitera in their products, including the Facial Treatment Essence.

I started using this in my late 20s - a couple of times a week, typically after exfoliating so that it is better absorbed into the skin or when my skin feels dehydrated. Now that I have hit my 30s, I plan to be more consistent and use this daily as I would like to maintain the skin I have.

I find that patting the essence on with my warmed hands (as opposed to using a cotton pad) reduces wastage and allows the product to be better absorbed into the skin.

SK-II will always be part of my skincare regime.

********************************************************************************************************

Ingredients: Saccharomycopsis Ferment Filtrate (Pitera), Butylene Glycol, Pentylene Glycol, Water, Sodium Benzoate, Methylparaben, Sorbic Acid

on 9/29/2013 4:18:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I don't like this product at all. It works great for my mother skin but not on me. I feel nothing right after i use this product according to this name it's not miracle. It does dry up my face, and you know what it's so pricey with a product that does nothing on my face.
Maybe it's work for a lot of people but not with me.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

This thing is one of my holy grail items ! It's pricey but so worth it! I had problems with my pores skin discoloration and bumps on my face and ever since I used this they all are slowly going away! My face feels so smooth and I use the skii treatment essence lotion which helped my pores a lot and I don't get any breakouts after using them ! I will gladly repurchase these even though it's pricey until I find a better alternative

on 8/13/2013 9:59:00 AM

Love this product!!!! I've been used this product for 2 years. My face more better than before. First week i used this product, i can differentiate my face looks brighter. Even i used moisturizer from other brand, i will keep using this product for my face. Will buy again and again even the price is expensive.

on 8/11/2013 1:55:00 AM

I used a whole bottle of this and saw no effects whatsoever. It smells like spit and has a watery texture that's difficult to handle. The only good thing is that it had no adverse effects on my skin. What an overpriced, overhyped product! I'd stick with scientifically proven ingredients like AHA and retinol. Pitera is not it. It's just a great marketing story.

on 8/6/2013 8:28:00 PM

So sad to hear that others experienced negative results from this product, as it has SAVED my skin. I have combination skin leaning toward the dry side with the occasional breakout. I am also of Asian and white decent, in case that makes a difference. I used Retin-A for about 6 months (for acne control and wrinkle prevention) but my skin never really accommodated (I consistently broke out and had dry flaky skin). Maybe the Retin-A would have helped had I stuck with it longer...I'm too impatient I guess. I happened to purchase a couple SK-II products on a whim and in two weeks time, my skin is SO different. My routine goes like this: an oil cleanser from amore pacific, a powder foaming cleanser by a Japanese brand called Fancl, the SK-II brightening clear lotion, the facial treatment essence, and the brightening derm moisturizer. I do this morning and night (no oil and add sunscreen in the morning). On a side note, the application of the essence is taught differently in the US than in Asia. Not sure if this makes a difference but I follow the Asian instructions of putting a few drops in your hands and patting (more like light slapping) the essence onto your face about 100 times. Sounds stupid, but it's been working for me! ;)

on 7/21/2013 12:19:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

What is so great about this water! NOTHING!!!

So over hype in Asia, miracle water? More like horrible water! Made my skin have so much of blackheads and small bumps appear within 5 days,

Super pissed paid 99 sgd for this crap.

on 7/19/2013 7:58:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Sephora finally gets this product and I was really excited so I bought it... only to be deeply disappointed (screech!). Ah, I can't believe I fell for the advertising, the hype... I'm Asian and I assumed this would be HG for me... Nope, this stuff destroyed my skin. Destroyed it like it was WW3. I wasn't bothered by the scent, I barely noticed it. There was slight tingling but I used it sparingly (1-2 drops) and after about a week, everywhere that I had applied FTE was red, raised, and angry-looking... and peeling. The last time I had a reaction this horrible was back in the stone age during HS when I had used Neutrogena's swiss formula lotion, I swear my face looked like a big raspberry. :/ I stopped using FTE for a week, things started to calm down, then I tried FTE again (just in case) and the horror came back. Needless to say, I sent this product back ASAP. It's been about 6 months since then and I'm still trying to appease the skin gods. Some of the raised, red patches are no longer red, but dry/scaley/raised and still peeling. It seems like no amount of moisturizer is enough to stop the dryness. :( It took me a while to find products that would quell the raging dragon: Boscia, Arcona, and Josie Maran. Good luck to you if you want to risk using FTE...