SK-II Facial Treatment Essence

SK-II Facial Treatment Essence
Facial Treatment EssenceFacial Treatment Essence

3.6

on 6/12/2014 3:47:00 AM

I've been using facial treatment essence for 2 weeks now. I really like how it gets absorbed into the skin and plumps up after hydration. This is the only SKII product I'm trying at the moment and it's worth every cent. I got the big 330ml bottle that came with a pump. Made it easy to dispense the product. I first tried to apply with just fingers (after seeing some YT tutorials) and noticed that the essence just dripped down from my hands before it reached my face. So I went back to the counter and the SA recommended using thin cotton pads for best application. And she's right it is that much better as I can "exfoliate" my skin at the same time. The SA also taught me to leave the cotton pad on my skin once a week for no more than 10 minutes. I tried it once on my cheeks and nose area and the skin got super red. So I don't think I'll try the spot treatment method anymore as my skin is quite sensitive. I quite like it as an essence after toner.

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

I have been using this for 6 months now and I have to say I love this! I had been struggling with acne before and ever since I started using this, my acne started to dramatically reduce especially on the neck area (my neck area is finally clean! yay!). It does have the strong sake scent, but it'll fade away after a few minutes. My skin is now clearer and better. My friends noticed it too. I received a lot of compliments. It doesn't get rid of pigmentation though. It lightens them, but not completely get rid of it. I bought the 75ml bottle and I am still not done with it even after 6 months. So, it is definitely worth it.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Am into week 2 of using the product & as much as I LOVE how it feels on my skin & how it makes my skin glow, gosh the smell is appalling! Almost like saliva :(
This is indeed liquid gold because its quite pricey but it works wonders for me! I have sensitive skin & its gets blotchy on bad days (few times a week!) but my skin hasn't reacted since using FTE. I also find that my pores are not so visible & my skin a lot smoother as well.
I use FTE after a toner wipe off with a cotton pad & before applying serum (EL's ANR).
To reduce wastage, I transferred my FTE into a glass spritz bottle because I find that using it on a cotton pad or pouring it into my palm meant using a lot more than I should.
I would definitely repurchase for what it does to my skin but am taking one star off for the god-awful smell.

on 5/11/2014 5:06:00 AM

i have been using this product for 1 week (day and night). this amazing product really works on me. Believe it or not it brightens my skin and lighten the dark spots in just 1 week. i apply this by soaking a cotton pad and gently pat onto my face. Best result apply this after treatment clear lotion.

on 5/1/2014 4:08:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

This stuff is priced like liquid gold. I heard that Missha's Time Revolution is a comp to this pricey product at an affordable pricepoint. That being said, this stuff is worth its weight in gold. I have aging skin that I'm trying to keep as youthful as possible. A difficult task considering the sun is the enemy of healthy skin and I live in sunny Hawaii. I know, poor me, boo hoo! but seriously my ancestors came from a snowy climate and I do not tan, I burn, no matter how much sunscreen I slather on. And we all know the ravages of the sun: wrinkles, hyperpigmentation, etc... I suffer from all of this and I am sadly only in my mid-thirties. The SK-II treatment essence is the only OTC product that I have used that had any visible effect. It reduced my pores, made my skin more even toned, and felt nice while doing it. Makes me feel like bathing in sake every night, but that would cost a fortune! So I'll stick to the SK-II.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Received this as a gift and was excited to use it. I'm so glad I didn't spend money on it because I've been using it for months but I see no results. My biggest gripe is that it smells like saliva, ick! Thankfully the scent fades but lingers on my hands. This is prob best used on normal to oily skin. I have dry skin and can use this on humid days as a light weight moisturizer. Not a terrible product, but not worth the price tag.

The exorbitant price put me off ever buying a full sized bottle of this stuff, but I did receive a 30mL sample to try. With Melbourne's harsh winter coming up, I've been definitely looking at upping my moisturizers. Although this seems like a pointless step in the standard skincare regime (like toner/lotion/softener) after using this essence for a few days, I noticed that my skin felt even softer and smoother than before! When I wake up in the morning, it is positively glowing!

I did see an improvement in my skin upon using this but I'm not sure if it's a combination of using the SK-II face wash and some other treatments. Sinks in very nicely and doesn't have a strong scent

on 3/16/2014 2:31:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

I've been curious about the hype behind the product for years, so when this became available at Sephora I decided to take the plunge. The Treatment Essence has the consistency of water and the instructions were a bit vague, which didn't inspire a lot of confidence, but I've found that two drips of the Essence in the palm of my hand, then spread on my face, is plenty for my full face and neck. When I started using this I was pregnant, third trimester with my third child, and my skin (which pre-pregnancy was oily, sensitive, and break-out prone) had become occasionally flaky, my skin would be oily one week then dry the next, and increasingly sensitive and uneven. I had also noticed very fine wrinkles, which I was not happy about. Within one week, the Treatment Essence evened out my skin tone, flakiness was gone (and has not returned), the fine lines disappeared (yes, they were gone!), and the oiliness was curbed and the dryness ended. My skin was glowing and I was in shock! After my baby was born, I immediately had a breakout (hormones), but when it cleared up, my skin was glowing again. My son is now 18 months and I still love and use the Treatment Essence every day. I still get the occasional, hormonal breakout, but this keeps my skin overall calm, clear, and smooth. I've gotten compliments on my skin since using this product (even from my laser technician who gets up-close and personal with every square inch of my skin). I will continue to buy this.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I used half a bottle of this. I don't know about the whole two week transformation thing. My skin was really bad to begin with so i guess it did heal my skin. Maybe my skin is not used to high end brands