SKII Facial Treatment Essence

Facial Treatment EssenceFacial Treatment Essence

3.6

on 9/29/2015 9:32:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I purchased this lotion with high hopes due to its high end pricing. The result would have been no different than if I used tap water on my face (rolls eyes). Not a scrap of improvement whatsoever. Incredible the hype and marketing for this product, Kate Blanchett is the face of this brand and I'm sure that people buy it because of that. I gave it a try and won't be repurchasing. I'm going back to Clinique, products that work!

on 8/18/2015 6:14:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

I don't write as many negative reviews as I do positive, mostly because I'm more enthusiastic when sharing my experiences with products I truly love and enjoy using. But I had such a weird experience with this that I had to share.

Here's a rundown on my skin: normal, slightly dry during the winter or during allergy season, not acne prone at all, and I'm religious with sunscreen (I wear it every day, rain or shine) so it's pretty even in tone and I have no wrinkles yet. It's also extremely sensitive. Make that crazy sensitive. I'm leery of ever trying new skincare because of that, but wanted to try this because I wanted a gentle, brightening, and moisturizing product to add to my current routine. My skin doesn't tolerate any type of heavy product well, so thick creams or serums are out. I heard good things about this, and a close friend uses this with great results.

For reference, here's a list of the skincare products that I use regardless of any new additions:
AM:
Revive Skincare Gel Cleanser
Rodin Olio Lusso (2 drops patted into face and neck)
Kate Somerville Oil Free Moisturizer
Radical Skincare Skin Perfecting Screen SPF30

PM:
Revive Skincare Gel Cleanser
NARS Skin Restorative Night Treatment
Kate Somerville Oil Free Moisturizer

I started using this morning at night as a first step after cleansing. I used about half a teaspoon in the palm of my hand, then patted it into my skin. I followed with my Rodin face oil, and Kate Somerville Oil Free Moisturizer. For the first few weeks I noticed a visible brightening and radiance in my skin, and my skin felt more moisturized and looked supple. Truly, I was impressed and thrilled. My bare skin had a beautiful glow that was getting noticed by other people. These results continued for about four more months, and I couldn't imagine not using it.

Then, at about the four month mark, I started getting tiny white pimples on my chin. As I said before, I'm not acne prone at all, and was shocked. I couldn't figure out what was causing this since I hadn't added new makeup or skincare to my routine at all. Being that I haven't had acne or blemishes since I was a teenager, I was so upset. It didn't go away for a couple weeks and I started to wonder if I was getting adult acne. Finally I started researching my current products more thoroughly and after reading similar experiences on MUA regarding this product, I took it out of my routine and stopped using it. Low and behold, a few days later my skin was back to normal, not a pimple in sight.

So all in all, it's strange to think that something can deliver such stellar results for a time then just pull a 180 and become awful for my skin. I'm never touching this stuff again, and I urge anyone with sensitive skin to be cautious when trying this. I haven't had such bad luck with a product in years. I ended up returning this to Nordstrom.

on 7/20/2015 12:13:00 AM

Good product but just too expensive there are lots Of good toner equally good and just one tenth of the cost

Once upon a time, this wreaked havoc on my face. Having first tried this aged 18, this did nothing but break me out and turned my combination-oily skin dry.

SK-II's FTE has got to be one of the most popular "miracle waters" around, with many other brands (notable Korean) following suit. My mum's been using SK-II products for over 10 years now, and I have a feeling this product would suit mature skin better, due to the high concentration of "pitera" in this product.

Back to my story. I tried it at 18, with a host of other SK-II products but only kept one - Repair C in my skincare regime. Fast forward 8 years later, I thought why not go back to it and see if my skin's "matured" enough to tolerate this supposedly wonderful essence almost everyone raves about?

I live in hot and humid Malaysia, which doesn't help my extremely reactive skin very much. Too much sun? I burn. Too hot? I get heat rash. After a long day out, I find applying a bit of this (a few drops on my palm, rub palms together and quickly pat onto skin helps take some heat off my face and redness is reduced.

As my skin tends to go slightly dry when using this everyday, I only use this 2-3 times a week and it works a treat! I don't have many blackheads and I do credit the FTE (and another wonderful makeup primer - RMK) for that! :p

If you have very sensitive skin like I do, please ask for a sample before purchasing a full-sized bottle as this isn't the cheapest product out there and it doesn't suit all skin types.

on 7/5/2015 3:41:00 AM

Started using this product 2 weeks ago. I personally did not see any significant changes to my skin except for a subtle glow about 4 days in. Got compliments on my skin from friends saying that my skin is glowing and in better condition. I took a closer look yesterday and compared some selfies I took from recent days with my old photos and noticed that there is a glow to my skin but apart from that, it didn't make my pores look smaller or totally got rid of my acne scars. I did not have bad skin to begin with which might explain the slight change. For the price, I don;'t know if it is worth buying it again. The results are not worth splurging on this product.

on 4/25/2015 9:09:00 PM

This does absolutely nothing for my face. I've been religiously splashing it on after every time I wash my face for the last 5 months, and it's made no difference in any skin quality whatsoever. I gave it 2 stars because it wasn't destructive, didn't do anything bad, but it didn't do anything good either. What a ripoff.

I use Retin-A about once a week and SkinActives Antioxidant Serum; I'm not sure if those two are so effective that nothing else can really make a dent, but nonetheless, I would not recommend buying this to anyone.

on 4/15/2015 9:55:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I have been using this for about 3 weeks by now, and I would say that magic does happen! The first week I used this, it didn't do anything apparent on my skin. The second week my husband said my face looked brighter but I personally didn't see anything significant. And yes, some major improvements occur in the third week. My skin texture becomes smoother and firmer than ever! It feels like my skin is born again. When I touch it, it's really soft and I can feel that it is clean from any impurities that usually caused some lumps and bumps on the surface. It makes my makeup sit really more beautifully on the face, at least it boosts my confidence. However, it seems that those are the only magic that this product can do. It won't heal acne scars I already have, and it won't prevent blackhead and pimples, even though it helps to prevent new scars and accelerate the process of healing. These are why it took off one lippie. I highly consider buying this product again, because although it's super expensive for a freakin' clear water, it would cost me around the same amount to go to skin clinics to get and maintain this kind of look. So why waste time if you can treat your skin at home. EDIT: I recently moved from humid country Indonesia to Canada. I brought this product and continue to use it, however the effect is different. I don't know if it's because of the climate difference which makes my skin reacts differently to this product. I will wait and see if it's still worth the money to keep using it, since in Canada the price is almost doubled compared with the already expensive one in Indonesia.

Amazing product! I put off purchasing this for a long time because of the price. But it's worth every penny. Don't use a cotton pad to apply just use your hands. In two weeks my acne scarring has started to fade and my skin is glowing!

on 12/21/2014 6:48:00 AM

This essence works for me, and the results are enhanced when I use it with the Facial Treatment Repair C serum. I pat it with my hands onto my face, just a small amount, and I do try and take a break from it for a short while, so I use it every two days. My concern is that my skin will become sensitized to it if I use it too often. I`ve only noticed the unpleasant odor some people here mentioned after 2 months into my first bottle. Probably it reacts to something in the air once it`s been opened a few times and it gets that nasty saliva smell. Yes, it was nasty enough to make me throw away the rest of the bottle. Still, I`m on my third bottle now and I love the results.

Pros:
- radiant skin
- smooth
- glowy
- absorb easily

Cons:
- The smell, some people cannot take it
- the bottle packaging. Now I love glass bottle packaging but when it come to travel it consider heavy
- pricey, will really consider first before I buy it again. Try to look for something similar to this.