COVERGIRL Lash Blast

COVERGIRL Lash Blast

3.7

Waterproof: Petroleum Distillates, Polyethylene, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Copernicia Cerifera Wax (Carnauba), Trihydroxystearin, Propylene Carbonate, Pentaerythrityl Hydrogenated Rosinate, Tall Oil Glycerides, Tocopheryl Acetate, Propylparaben, Phenoxyethanol, Iron Oxides. May Contain: Titanium Dioxide, Ultramarines, Talc. Non-Waterproof: Water, Glyceryl Stearate, Ammonium Acrylates Copolymer, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Propylene Glycol, Stearic Acid, Copernicia Cerifera (Carnauba) Wax, Triethanolamine, Acrylates Copolymer, Synthetic Wax, Polyvinyl Alcohol, Lecithin, Propylene Carbonate, Polyethylene, Oleic Acid, Alcohol Denat., Benzyl Alcohol, Glycerin, Xanthan Gum, Panthenol, Phenoxyethanol, Propylparaben, Methylparaben, Ethylparaben, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Trisodium EDTA, Simethicone, Tocopheryl Acetate, Tocopherol, Iron Oxides. May Contain: Titanium Dioxide, Ultramarines.

on 10/19/2007 3:51:00 PM

I love CoverGirl Super Thick Lash, so I wanted to see if Lash Blast could top it. I must say, they're very similar (no smudging and great volume), except for Lash Blast's big brush, which covers lashes quicker and makes them darker. I love the big brush (I've been meaning to try one, and was going to buy Benefit BadGal -- glad I didn't!), and will repurchase.

UPDATE 1/18/08: This mascara irritates my eyes, so I've stopped using it. Plus, it's hard to get the lashes on the outer corners of my eyes with the big brush.

on 10/19/2007 7:50:00 AM

Lash Exact was my HG - Lash Blast replaces that as best mascara I have ever tried. I love the fat brush - it finds, defines, volumizes and separates every lash with zero clumps and no smudging. I have tried everything from Diorshow to drugstore - this beats them all. Try this!
Edited - this flakes on me too much. For drugstore, I'm sticking with Lash Exact or Volum' Express.

on 10/18/2007 11:03:00 PM

I have been a huge fan of the new Cover Girl brushes since I tried Lash Exact. I've been using Volume Exact since it first come out, so when I seen this new mascara in CVS's Sunday Ad, I had to search for it. After 3 trips to 3 different CVS stores I finally found it. It was $9.28 including tax, and I wasn't sure it was worth it, but I got home, and tried it and I must say I love it! It gives me the right amount of length and a lot more volume that Volume Exact. It is quickly moving up to HG status. No clumps, no flakes, and no smears under my eyes. Absolutley worth the money! I will repurchase again and again.

I bought this in Very Black after reading about it in People Style Watch. I really love the big orange tube, it's so easy to find in my bag! But most of all I love the way it gives me a lot of volume without getting clumpy and making me look like I have 4 eyelashes from sticking together. The only problem I have with this, and almost all mascaras unfortunately, is holding a curl. I think it's my own eyelashes though, because I have the most stubborn and straight lashes. If I apply too many coats, it weighs my lashes down and they don't look as curvy. However, i've been using it after applying my Sheseido mascara base and I can apply however much I want without losing the curl! Other than that, they volumize, separate, and lengthen which are all very important to me when it comes to the perfect mascara. I would definitely recommend this.

on 10/18/2007 12:00:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

Let me just say I have finally found my holy grail mascara!!! Yay!!!
This mascara is awsome! I have fine short blond lashes. This stuff plumps them and lengthens them with no clumping whatsoever. It also curls them somehow I no longer need to use a eyelash curler. It does not flake or irritate my very sensitive eyes. I have absolutley nothing bad to say about this mascara. Just try it. You will love it.

on 10/18/2007 10:24:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure

After trying Lash Exact and absolutely hating it, I never bothered with Volume Exact, but picked up Lash Blast based on the reviews here and the cute orange tube. WOW. This may be an HG. It's a super fat brush in a super fat tube, and it really pumps up the volume of my lashes with no clumps. I look so wide-eyed when I use this, but it doesn't look too unnatural. NO flaking or bleeding either. I've only used it once with my Shu curler, but I'm sure it will continue to impress. Great stuff.
UPDATE: Still loving this. To the people who aren't impressed with it, the trick to using this is to first curl the lashes, then SWEEP it quickly up through your lashes (don't use the wiggle method), then repeat for one or two more coats. The result, at least for me, has been separated, high volume lashes. I find that you have to slightly relearn mascara application when using these rubber brushes. HTH

on 10/17/2007 4:27:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

UPDATE 9/19/16: Yup, still the bomb...my number one HG mascara.

One tip that has also changed my mascara application regardless of what you use...WIPE OFF YOUR WAND BEFORE APPLYING. By taking off the extra goop, you get flawless application. I have used this on many different mascaras and it really makes application so much nicer. I got this rec from Wayne Goss and it has made the ultimate difference in my mascara application and has even made problemtic mascaras go on better.

UPDATE 5/22/11: Fast forward a few years, and Max Factor is no longer available in the US. I gave this a third chance and I am in love now. With some patience applying I can get RIDICULOUS lashes without the spider, clumpiness you get from L'Oreal Voluminous. The trick was to take your time when applying...don't just do one swoop and expect miracles. But if you stop and take just a minute, the payoff is phenomenal!

UPDATE: My lashes look nice, full (not drama full...just full...very much like Maybelline Full n Soft), but I am not seeing that "wow" or "sparkle" I get from Max Factor Volume Couture. This is with one or two swoops through my lashes. Also, I have been having some issues (only after a week) of the mascara clumping on the end nub of the wand.

ORIGINAL POST:I use Max Factor Volume Couture as my HG right now, but have also tried CG Volume Exact. I still can't tell if there is a big difference in their formulas. The MFVC brush is the same as Cover Girl's Volume Exact brush...both P&G. All that being said, my first impression is that CG Lash Blast is a very nice mascara. If you like the new brushes...you will want to add this to your collection. This almost reminds me of Full n Soft, but in the new rubber/plastic brushes. It gives volume/glam in a different way than Volume Exact/MF Volume Couture do. The Lash Blast brush FANS out your lashes more than Volume Exact does...softer more natural. And the best way I can describe what it does to your lashes is to say it is the difference between blowing out your hair with a smaller round brush (Volume Exact) vs. blowing it out with a more robust round brush (Lash Blast)...make sense? Lash Blast may even lengthen a bit more. I am not sure if Lash Blast gives that extra drama I like that I get from Max Factor Volume Couture. It almost feels like a softer day look (but still full and defined). The fat orange tube is interesting and unique. One final note on price...it seemed a bit steep for a drugstore/Cover Girl mascara...$8+ at CVS. I hope that helps some of you.

on 10/17/2007 2:03:00 PM

So, I'm in CVS and when I first saw this I was thinking, "is this a mascara for Halloween?" (Bright Orange tube) but then I saw it was CG's latest - Lash Blast. Let me say first of all that being a mascara junkie for 30+ years, I try them all, no word of a lie, from the $30 dollar ones to the drugstore ones, and I have stuck with only a handful over the years, and in the last year or so, it's been the CG line of new brush-type mascaras (first Lash Exact, then Volume Exact - which I've repurchased at least 8 times, and now I'm trying out the Lash Blast). It does not flake - not a bit - on me anyway. But does it give more volume than Volume Exact? hmmmm.....not so sure. It looks the same to me. The brush is def. chubbier, but not clumpy. Maybe it's b/c I'm not doing a lot of layers so it looks similar to the Volume Exact. But I digress - so far, so good. I'll report in again after a little more road testing - but at least right now the jury is out as to whether it gives more volume than the Volume Exact for me. As far as the new brush technology mascaras, I think CG has really come out with a really decent, affordable line. : ) EDIT: I am almost ready to up this to a 5 lippie b/c after a couple of years of using Kiss Me mascara on the bottom lashes as it was the ONLY mascara that wouldn't smudge on the bottom, I have found that Lash Blast does NOT smudge on the bottom....a rarity for mascaras fo me (I wear contacts and my eyes can be watery and cause mascara to smudge - not so with Lash Blast). Really, I am liking this big ol' jumbo orange tube more and more every day...: )

on 10/16/2007 12:18:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

I've never been so hyped up about a mascara, haha! I just got this a few days ago and was so excited at seeing it at my local CVS that I grabbed the nearest one without even checking the color! I got black, even though I wanted Very Black, but no worries :) The black version is still very black, I'm not really sure there's even much of a difference. Just an FYI: I am one of those girls who is constantly on the quest for the perfect mascara, have tried everything high end or low end and have recently given up on department store mascaras (too expensive for something you have to throw away so frequently!!) and have been using Volume Exact or Voluminous. I've been pleased, but not ecstatic, with the results and when I heard about this mascara, I went EVERYWHERE looking for it.

So, this is Cover Girl's newest mascara, and I'd kind of describe the brush as the Benefit BadGal/Diorshow brush of the spiky plastic school of brushes. In other words, this is the super FAT sized version of Lash Exact and Volume Exact. The tube is huge, really round and orange, haha I felt like a little kid holding it. I not only LOVE the brush, I really like the formula so far. It's wetter and more volumizing than Lash Exact and Volume Exact (it's closer to L'Oreal's Voluminous, IMHO), both of which dried out very fast on me (I'll have to update about this when I've had it a little longer.) My lashes are dark and wicked lush after 2 coats. This is, in my opinion, the best volumizing AND separating mascara on the market, period-- if you think about it, that's hard to find. The fatter your lashes get, the harder they are to separate, and this does the trick.

I've had no problems with irritation, flaking or smearing (even with 2 coats), and it comes off easily with an eye makeup remover. The volume is **great**, it curls my lashes naturally (mascara does this for me, not sure why), and they look long and lush. I read someone comment about it not really giving any length help, and I can't comment on this because my lashes are already on the longer side, but I think it lengthens them as well. Very dramatic and gorgeous. The bottom line for me: one coat will gave me the result I got with Volume Exact, and 2 coats proved that it was the mascara that I WISHED Volume Exact was. After only a few uses, I'm very, very pleased: HG material here, ladies. At $8.49 a pop, it's worth your money, and definitely worth a try if you're still on the quest for the perfect mascara!

**EDIT** A few months later: OK, the initial love affair has died down. Some days, this mascara is 5 lippies to me, other days I'm confused by the fact that no matter how much I put on, it doesn't seem to do much. Haha, it could just be me. Still no flaking, smearing, etc. Tube doesn't seem to dry out as fast as VE, but still faster than a lot of other mascaras. For the price, it's still the best mascara on the market.