Paula's Choice Lip & Body Treatment Balm

Paula's Choice Lip & Body Treatment Balm
Enter TitleLip & Body Treatment BalmMy HG lip balm

4.3

Not tested on animals

Ricinus Communis (Castor) Seed Oil, Petrolatum (emollients), Euphorbia Cerifera (Candelilla) Wax (thickener), Lanolin, C10-30 Cholesterol/Lanosterol Esters (emollients), Beeswax, Ozokerite, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Copernicia Cerifera (Carnauba) Wax (thickeners), Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter), Jojoba Esters, Triticum Vulgare (Wheat) Germ Oil (plant emollients/oils), Bisabolol (soothing agent), Tetrahexyldecyl Ascorbate (stabilized vitamin C/antioxidant), Tocopheryl Acetate (vitamin E/antioxidant), Trihydroxystearin, Hydrogenated Polyisobutene (thickeners).

on 8/20/2006 12:45:00 PM

I have very dry lips, and I live in the desert, so I use a lot of this stuff! This is my HG lip balm. It does a great job; however, it's a little too big to throw into a purse, so I use this at home and carry Neutrogena Tinted Lip Balm (or something else) to use during the day. None of the more portable lip balms seem to work as well as this one.

on 5/20/2006 4:55:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I love this! It's a cross between Vaseline and Chap Stick - not too soft but not too waxy either. It comes in a tub and lasts forever. It provides the perfect amount of moisture and protection for my lips. When I put it on before bed, it lasts the entire night. I've had to repurchase several times because when friends come to visit, they try it and want to take it home with them (which I let them do - otherwise, what kind of hostess would I be?). I'm a fan of most PC products. The price is fair, the packaging is simple and the product works. An added bonus: this product can be used on elbows, cuticles, and other severely dry areas that need immediate help. Try this!

I ordered this balm based on the glowing reviews and was disappointed as soon as I opened it. It resembles a hardened vaseline at first sight; I assumed that I had just wasted my money. Fortunately, my first impression was incorrect. Although PC's lip and body balm could be mistaken for hard vaseline, it is much more moisturizing than any other petroleum based product that I've tried. I only need apply a thin layer to my lips in order to relieve myself of dryness and peeling. There's no obnoxious smell and very little shine. I've had zero breakouts associated with it during the month that I've used it.

My one gripe is the packaging. It seems like this has the perfect consistency to be in tube form, yet PC chose to to package the balm in a tub. It's also expensive.

For reference, my two other favorite lip balms are Prada and Aquaphor. PC's balm is more cosmetically elegant than Aquaphor and not as thick and creamy as Prada's.

on 2/21/2006 1:32:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

UPDATE: 8/1/07 This is still a staple for me. I use it daily. For overnight winter use, I prefer Gatineau Electelle Beautifying Lip Care, applied in a very thick layer. Even then, I use the PC Lip Balm throughout the day. Hope PC continues making this forever!

This is my HG lip balm. I buy it in bulk when PC has free shipping.

DESCRIPTION: A plain, thick, unscented, unflavored, translucent yellowish balm packed in a small tub. In the pot, it looks and feels like a soft wax mixed with oil. On the lips, invisible, except for a nice sheen (like a thin layer of vaseline would leave).

PROS: Lasts on lips for hours, even through eating/drinking. Highly protective against the elements (even in a cold New England winter). Beautifully softens the lips, and keeps them well hydrated. I have chronically dry, chapped, cracked lips; this balm heals them overnight and maintains them in great condition if I apply a few times a day in winter. Works much better, IMO, than vaseline, aquaphor, or any other I've tried.

CONS: The packaging. You have to stick your finger in the jar every time you apply -- messy and unsanitary. It's impractial to carry in your purse. When first opened, the balm is pretty stiff and hard to get out onto your finger. It does soften up considerably after a couple of uses (and the jar I keep on my kitchen counter, under fairly warm recessed lights, stays nice and soft).

on 1/4/2006 3:16:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure

This balm is excellent. My lips are very dry and I only use glossy lipsticks. If I don't use it, my lipstick does not apply smoothly. I use it before I go to bed at night and I can still feel that it's on in the morning. I only use it in the winter.

on 1/2/2006 12:06:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I wish it came it a tube insted of a pot but i really like this product. It makes my lips silky soft and kissable. I havent had chapped lips since using this, will buy again.

on 11/14/2005 2:52:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I think this is an excellent lip balm. I only use it at night (I wear lipstick during the day), but that is enough to keep my lips moisturized and to prevent them from peeling. I love the fact that it is unscented and not goopy or sticky (in contrast to many other potted lip balms, such as The Body Shop Born Lippy). My only complaint is that I wish it came in stick form instead of a pot; then it would be perfect! Ingredients: Castor Seed Oil, Petrolatum, Candelilla Wax, Lanolin, C10-30 Cholesterol/Lanosterol Esters, Beeswax, Ozokerite, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Carnauba Wax, Shea Butter, Jojoba Esters, Wheat Germ Oil, Bisbolol, Tetrahexyldecyl Ascorbate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Trihydroxystearin, Hydrogenated Polyisobutene. continued >>

on 10/9/2005 4:49:00 PM

The best lip treatment I've used--I recommend trying it if you have badly chapped lips for which nothing else has worked. I have suffered from terribly parched, peeling, cracked, bleeding lips since I moved to an arid climate. I constantly drink water, which can further dry my lips. It seems that some things work for a while, but then dry my lips out more. I've tried Carmex, Vaseline, Aquaphor, Rose Salve, Blistex, Chapstick. . .the list goes on. I was ready to shell out for Nuxe, but decided to give this a try, and I'm glad I did. This stuff healed my lips within a couple days. I put it on at night before bed and it stays on all night. Then in the morning after my shower, I exfoliate my lips by rubbing with a towel, and then put on this lip balm, and I don't have to reapply for the rest of the day usually. My lips look normal, soft, and have none of the problems I had before. I've had really bad reviews of some other PC products, but I'm about to order my second tub of this stuff.

on 7/18/2005 10:24:00 AM

If you are looking for a thick lip balm that has really good lasting power (even overnight!) and does not have any weird tastes, then this is a great product! I've been using this along with PC's exfoliating treatment and my lips are much smoother and less dry. After I am done with this product I would like to try BeatiControl's "Lip Apeel" just to compare them to see which I'll keep as my staple lip exfoliant treatment and lip balm combination.

The only thing that I am still looking for as far as a lip product (and I don't think just a lip balm would solve this)is something that can reduce some of the vertical lines that I am starting to form around my lips at the age of 24! I am not a smoker or sun worshipper so I shouldn't have them! If anyone has any tips or product suggestions PLEASE contact me! I can use any advice on preventing these lines from becoming prominent. Most people tell me that they don't even notice them on me but I see them especially when I wear darker lipsticks b/c the lipstick would bleed into these dreadful lines. Help!

on 7/17/2005 3:27:00 PM

This is not bad. It moisturizes good enough, but I prefer Mac's lip conditioner. It is easier to get Mac lip conditioner as well. My last parcel from Paula got lost, so they had to mail another. It was about 8 weeks before I had my products. I won't purchase this again.