Estée Lauder Double Wear Stay-in-Place EyeShadow Base

Estée Lauder Double Wear Stay-in-Place EyeShadow Base

3.4

I classically have used UDPP and TFSI as my eyeshadow bases, however a friend of mine gave this to me for my birthday recently and I really like it! I like that it is in a pot, and it is really easy to scoop out with a Q tip. I then apply it simply with my fingers. The consistency is very soft feeling... I find TFSI is thinner and more oily, and haven't used UDPP recently enough to remember. It seems to work just as well at keeping eye makeup in place, and since I do enjoy the application and I think it is actually a bit cheaper (though correct me if I am wrong) I may continue to get this instead!

EDIT: I'm noticing the I have a lot more creasing with this after I have been wearing makeup all day. So sadly I have to take this down to 3 stars. It is a shame, because the texture when you put it on feels really nice.

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

This eye base is very light in color, so I am not sure how it would work for all skin tones. It is of a very concentrated cream consistency. Therefore, a little bit goes a long way. And, you have to really blend this product well on the lids or else it will make your eye shadow go on clumpy and then you'll have a hard time blending it out.

This eye primer does allow for any eye shadow that I apply over it to last all day, which is a good thing. But, I don't plan to buy anymore of this stuff in the future. I don't find anything overly impressive about this product at all!

on 2/17/2012 7:13:00 AM

I like this eyeshadow base and it does do exactly what it says. It tnds to dry out after a cople of months, so make ure you always put the lid on firmly between uses. Eyeshadow does stay on for the day and like most ofthe double wear range, it has staying power. recommended.

Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Fine

My favourite eyeshado primer hands down. It is just the right one for me. I can wear my makeup for work which is usually more than 12 hours and it looks fresh and perfect. Really good product.

on 6/8/2011 10:10:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

Not a regular eyeshadow wearer, but bought this to get a GWP and have been amazed by how much more vibrant it makes my Sleek shadows which had previously been a bit of a disappointment. Definitely a convert to using a base - for nights out anyway.

on 6/6/2011 11:54:00 AM

I am not really satisfied by this. It creases on my eyelids even before I put my eyeshadow on. The jar is pretty good as packaging and the colour is fine. My bare study paintpot, however, is a much better eyeshadow base than this one!

on 4/26/2011 7:00:00 PM

I really like this product. Very easy to go on, I use a sponge applicator. Holds up well after long days at work and nice color show. I have other primers, but can't let this one go!! Will definitely repurchase, this stuff lasts forever though! I've had mine over a month and can't see much usage in the jar!!

I love this eyeshadow base- it doesn't crease on me like TFSI & it lasts much longer than UDPP. I like the smooth consistency of the product & it's easy to apply. It comes in a small, clear jar so you are able to see how much product is left & you can actually get it all out unlike the aforementioned brands! It lasts my entire 12 hr workday-no touchups required.

Going against the grain here so I wonder if I got a dud...I bought mine at Selfridges in Manchester at an event to launch the new season in October 2009. My shopping list for the event was; to consume as much free champagne as possible, to ogle the delicious boys at the MAC counter, to pick up a base for eyeshadows and an eye cream. After having my picture taken on the red carpet and wishing I had stayed off the champagne, I trundled to the Estee Lauder counter, as the woman there seemed more my age and I do like EL as a brand. I chose (or was I pushed) the double wear eye shadow base, along with something else and qualified for the lovely bag that was the free gift. I went home a happy girl, paid around 47.00 but got around 120 worth of products, and quite, quite drunk. The next day I was entering a hair competition and knew my hideous pic would be taken so I reached for my eyeshadow base as even in saintly conditions I have eyelids with an oily tendency. I am a sucker for packaging and if products make you feel good to hold, they usually have at least a placebo effect. Inside the lovely glass jar, there is a very generous amount of base, in a lovely natural creamy colour. Thats the positives. I thought the sample I tried in Selfridges was a creamy consistency, yet this felt grainy and dry to my fingers. I warmed it a little between my fingers and applied it to my eyelids. Its quite sheer, which is good, but in the time it took for me to pop the lid on and choose an eyeshadow, my lids were creased! Just the base, mind, and creased! I wiped it off and tried again this time with a brush. That left brush strokes, but I blended tham out and moved on with my life. I just love EL creams and mascaras, but the base, which I have continued to use as it cost so much (around 17) and actually still have only made a small dip in the top of, left me cold. I won't buy it again, but by the time it runs out I'll probably be too old to have eyelids

on 1/12/2011 2:37:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

This is replacing Laura Mercier eye basics for me as my fave eyeshadow base. Like LM, my eyeshadow stays on all day, but unlike LM there is NO shine to grab on and highlight the crepiness that's creeping in. I use my Paula's Choice concealer brush to apply.