SkinCeuticals Refining Night Cream With 1 % Pure Retinol

SkinCeuticals Refining Night Cream With 1 % Pure Retinol
Skinceuticals Retinol

water, cyclomethicone, cyclopentasiloxane, dimethicone crosspolymer, dimethicone, dimethiconol, laureth-4, laureth-23, hydrogenated lecithin, butyorspermum parkii (shea butter), caprylic/capric triglyceride, ceramide 2, ceramide 3, phytosphingosine, cholesterol, hypericum perforatum extract, propylene glycol, allyl methacrylate crosspolymer, polysorbate 20, retinol, BHT, sodium polyacrylate, dimethicone PEG-7 isostearate, glycerin, polyacrylamide, C13-14 isoparaffin, leureth-7, bisabolol. rosa canina leaf extract, silybum marianum fruit extract, passiflora incarnata flower extract, chamomilla recutita (matreicaria) leaf extract, citric acid, methylsothiazolinone, tetrasodium EDTA SkinCeuticals 5/27/09

I wanted so much to love this product. The price was reasonable and the packaging was great. However this made my skin so dry. I tried alternating every other night and even every three nights, but after months of use and many moisturizers I just couldn't get my skin to adjust to this product. It probably would work wonders on someone with skin that could handle it, but on me the drying and flaking actually made me look a bit older.

on 3/20/2008 9:04:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

Hi Ladies, actually Skinceuticals 01. retinol is not the mildest OTC retinol, it is actually the strongest retinol you can purchase without prescription. I would advice that you ladies start with Green Cream 3, than 6, than 9 than skinceutical 1 retinol. I actually love them all. and retinol will irritate your skin really bad if you not use to it. I can put skinceuticals 1 on my face but not on my neck, I have to use green cream 6. I think you ladies will be very pleased with Green Cream 3 or 6 if you are interested in a milder retinol. You have to start slow with any retinol.

on 3/1/2008 11:56:00 AM

This product is incredibly strong and I'd just like to say, it has ruined the skin on my forehead (luckily I didn't put this product all over my face). I always had very fine pored skin on my forehead within barely visible lines; now I have large pores and lines (I was using this to get rid of some minor acne scarring). It's been about eight weeks since using this and my skin is not back to normal. It's just damaged. I wouldn't recommend this product at all. UPDATE 2013 Years on and my skin never recovered. This caused a personal injury. It aged my skin 20 years overnight, my skin is permanently dry and takes ages to heal. A WARNING TO YOU ALL - DO NOT BUY THIS PRODUCT

on 1/29/2008 7:10:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

UPDATE: since this experince I have used Diacenal (Avene) much stronger than this and didn't have any reaction or watsoever, and moved to Prescription retinoids such as Retin A and Tazorac and have been a blessing compared to this highly irritating thing. So if you have bad experience with this doesn't mean you can't use Rx Retinoids at all.

........................................

Orginal Post - I bought this after I used Retinol 0.5% and felt nothing at all, so I bought this one and after two nights my skin has become red and sore and feel very very sensitive, only Jojoba Oil could help the irritation.

I am very sad because I wanted this to work so much but it wasn't meant to be for my skin. Maybe I am going to try Avene Ysthreal Creme or Eluage from Avene that deals with Sensitive Skins when my skin and I feel better.

Also I WOUD RECOMEND that before you use this if it's your first Retinoid experience or you are upgrading from Retinol 0.5% like I did to just use a part on your neck or face where you can test the product and you can conceal later before you use it all over the face and see how the skin reacts, like they do at the Hairdressers before you dye your hair. DO A TEST.

They said this is the mildest Retinoid over the counter..I am just thinking ...Bloody hell how the others must be !! or maybe I reacted to one ingredient and I have no idea which one it is !

on 10/31/2007 2:58:00 PM

Late last year I was using MD Forte and Afirm to help with discolorations and any fine lines on forehead and while for a good 2 months they were working fast and furious, all of a sudden they stopped working and I still had discolorations to deal with however, I started using the Skinceuticals 1% Retinol once a week and also added Mama Lotion once a week in my routine and the rest of my discolorations have 95% been lightened. While the MD Forte and Afirm started drying me out horribly, the Skinceuticals and Mama Lotion have not - maybe every few months I go through a day of dryness but that is it. I have been using the Skinceuticals and Mama Lotion for several months now and they have been a blessing for my discolorations.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

WOW I can’t believe what my face look like today!!!!!
I use so much AHA for my super complicated prone, combo extremely easy break out skin.
After I use this retinol 1 my skin is amazingly smooth no one sigh of spot (the night I apply it I did have just 2 pimples going out on my face…In the morning they was nothing left from them .I am not joking at all….this is miracle!!! I buy the 1 because I told after using Glycolic many times 0, 5 wouldn’t be strong enough for me. And when I apply the retinol I was expecting etching or something but NO …is just even minute I apply it my skin be come super super soft, smooth and in the morning clear and bright….
I am so amazed and surprise that I already order my second bottle. I recommend this strongly for those who have spots, prone or problematic skins. Also for tired dull skins cause I can’t believe the way I look today!!!
UPDATE / i forget to mention that the first two weeks after start this my skin around the mouth was really burn,red..to recover my skin i did this. I put each night Nivea cream as a mask ( 30 min then wash ) only on the affected area. And Jojoba oil alternative night..my skin recover really quick.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This is only an inital review, Ive only used it once. I will update later. But anyway - Love the pump container. It squirts out a small amount so you never get more than what you want. And also, it spreads very well, which really surprised me. It dries matte, which is another plus - I hate going to bed with a greasy/sticky face. It didnt burn/sting/irritate at all upon application, although I have been using diacneal and differin (even tried taz but that was too irritating for me!), so my skin is used to medium-scale retinoids. $48 for 1oz but at skincarerx.com the code MUA20 gives 20% off. I think this is the highest % of retinol you can get OTC. Green cream only goes up to 0.9% retinol, and this is 1.0%. Ive read on the boards that only something like 10% of retinol gets converted to retinoic acid (i.e., what makes retin A effective), so perhaps this is on-par with Rx strength retinoid creams, at least the weaker ones, like retin A 0.025% or 0.05%. I will update later with how it is working. I decided I needed something stronger/more anti-age than my 0.1% differin.

I LOVE THIS PRODUCT. It makes your skin look and feel healthy. I will never go without it. However I do not like the packaging. It cannot have sunlight hit it at all so it is in a pump that you cannot see inside of. You dont know when you are getting low. The pump is very light so it never feels different as you use it. It is hard to pump out the product......

on 7/11/2007 4:45:00 PM

This whole line is disappointing. This made me breakout after every time I used it. I researched the ingredients and there are a number of pore-clogging ingredients in hight amounts! I still have a full tube of this stuff sitting under my bathroom sink where it'll stay unless someone wants it! Waste of money, just like most of the Skinceuticals line...

This is my 3rd attempt at using a Retinol product and so far it is my favorite. I started with Green Cream which caused huge cystic zits. It took almost 6 months for the brown spots left over to fade. I had not had zits like that ever in my lifetime!!!!!!
I moved on to Avene's Ystheal. I really loved this product, but it is too difficult to find. I also only saw moderate results.
Now, I am on to Skinceuticals. So far after only two weeks of use, I am seeing improved texture and tone. Refinement of pores, and an overall renewed glow that is hard to describe. It is much too early to say that this will take care of fine lines around my eyes, but I am hoping and will post another review in a month. I am 43 and overall have really good skin with minimal signs of aging, combo skin.
I am using this product every other night for now.