Palladio Beauty Rice Powder

Palladio Beauty Rice Powder
Rice PowderRice Powder

on 11/1/2011 12:31:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm

I have this product in the shade natural. I bought this because I think the packaging is cute. It turns out to be a great setting powder. It is finely milled, doesn't break me out, and does a good job setting my foundation without making my dry skin look cakey. It's not expensive, and while the finish is in no way glowy or glittery, I don't find it overly matte either. Would repurchase.

on 10/30/2011 8:57:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Neutral

Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse

After using the blotting sheets from this brand, that worked really well, I decided to get the powder. I figured it would work better. It works ok. Not really that great. It doesn't last long either. I also hate the packaging as it is very messy. The brush doesn't work either, so you should expect to use something else. It's an OK product.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I bought this based on the generally good ratings. I've also been using a covergirl mineral powder to set my foundation and wanted something to control shine better.

This powder is okay. I have it in translucent and it sets my foundation well. It gives me a very airbrushed, porcelain doll finish. when first applying, it's a half shade or so too light but then it melds into my skin and matches my skin color more. The staying power is good but it really doesn't control shine at all. It's no better or worse than my covergirl product.
I also enjoy the smell it has. It does have a light smell of baby powder but it doesn't linger.

I tried to use it on it's own and it's a very light coverage. But in a few hours, it's useless. Unless you already have about perfect skin, this won't last for you. I won't be using it solo again, that's for sure.
This also has not broken me out.

Overall, it didn't work as well as I hoped. I'll use it up and unless it starts doing miracles for my skin, I won't repurchase.

on 6/2/2011 4:50:00 PM

I've always used the expensive products (MAC, Lorac, Laura Mercier, Stila, etc.) and it doesn't matter if the product said "Oil Free", I still had TERRIBLE skin and an hour after I finished my makeup, I was shiny. I've been using this for 5 days (I ran out of my MAC Studio Fix and I've had this for a while) and already, my skin is soft, clear, and NOT OILY. I used to have acne bumps all over my face; blackheads; whiteheads; THE WHOLE DEAL, and it's ALL gone. Even if I put my makeup on at 6:20am, by 2:30pm, I'm not oily. And this has great coverage too!

For $5, this definitely beats MAC's Studio Fix Plus Foundation for $30.

Great buy, great results, I'm not switching back!

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Wavy, Other

Oh my goodness, This is a AMAZING powder. It makes my skin look next to flawless, I have this in translucent, and it truely is, Keeps my liquid foundation the same color, and it doesn't oxidize, also keeps me pretty shine free. It does have a little bit of a scent, but nothing too bothersom, and it doesnt linger. The little puff they include is all that great, but I never use those anyways. Packaging is cute, can get a little on the messy side, but its worth it. [:

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse

My first problem is with this powder is the how small the container is and how rough the puff that comes with it is. The square shape and the size makes this akward for daily use. The powder itself looks lovely and gives a nice natural finish...fast-forward a few hours later and your face is horribly shiny. It's a shame really.I won't repurchase and will probably on use this as a touch up powder. Product is also messy.

NOTE: not tested on animals, vegan friendly.

on 1/6/2011 1:53:00 AM

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

I'm really not one for loose powder, but I quite like this one! It smells just like baby powder, and it blends nicely with no chalky residue. Unlike the previous reviews, it didn't break me out or irritate my skin...I found it was quite gentle and left me matte for quite a while. A definite repurchase!

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

Overall, this powder is wonderful -- great at absorbing oil and setting my Palladio Wet-Dry foundation -- but the packaging is frustrating. The box is extremely small and it's hard to get the right amount of product out of the sifter. I end up with either too much or not enough. Still, the product itself is so good that I can overlook the issues with the packaging.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Would I buy this again? IN A HEART Beat!

Why? It's just as good as any other powder I've ever tried, a crossed the board, price wise.

The closest to finish I can compare it to is the MAC Mineralized Skinfinish in Natural, BUT (with a huge BUT) this is way smoother on the skin.

I have dry skin, so the caked up powder look is WAY easier for my face to pick up than most because of excessive dead skin cells; powder tends to cling to those dry patches.. Yuck..

This stuff does not cake up at all! The fact it works on my skin and works so well is a true testament to how smooth it really is.

I use a powder puff (not the one given) and lightly roll the teeniest amount on my face to set my foundation, and Voila! It mattifies, but in a way that even a dry skinned gal can pull off.

This spells like baby powder, and I hate that, only tried it once, and regret wasting my $5 on this...i think it broke me out too after that one time using it, epic fail of a product, I don't know what makeup geek was talking about when she said it was so wonderful. I would be willing to give it another try if it didn't wreak like baby powder, this powder nearly makes me gag and I'm really not pleased