Palladio Beauty Rice Powder

Palladio Beauty Rice Powder
Rice PowderRice Powder

3.9

on 5/15/2007 12:53:00 AM

I have the translucent powder and it does a great job. Sometimes I use it over everything else to set it and smooth it out and sometimes I will use it over just moisturizer and sunscreen. I use a brush to apply--yeah, that powder puff is a joke but so is any that comes with loose powder. And yes, loose powders do tend to get all over. That's the nature of the beast. I haven't had any problems with the packaging coming open. It stays closed very nicely.

on 2/23/2007 3:11:00 PM

After years of wearing NARS loose powder, I decided to try this one due to all of the great MUA reviews that it got. I really love my NARS powder, but it is so expensive that I could not justify buying it again until I checked this one out. I must say that for the $ and quality of the powder, this one kicks butt over NARS! This one controls my oily skin, does not break me out and costs a fraction of the price that NARS does! I do, however agree that the packaging bites-it is small and messy and I could definitely do without the puff! The box itself is really cute and looks kind of glamorous! I will definitely buy this again!

on 1/28/2007 11:56:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

A big bust. I searched this out b/c of the great reviews, and I don't like this powder at all. It is in a very small box with a little puff pad to apply. Forget the puff pad, I used my powder brush. It's a mess to get out of the box, and then gets all over. The powder itself is OK, feels nice and not cakey or chalky. Did NOT control my shine. I have dry skin, and use Neutrogena Sunblock w/ Age Shield 45 as my moisturizer/sunscreen; and that leaves a dewy sheen on my face. I love the sheen, but need to use a good powder for my T-zone. This powder did not work, and I will not buy again. I will stick w/ my HG = Rimmel Stay Matte Pressed powder.

on 10/30/2006 3:59:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

Oh my gosh, this stuff is wonderful. I used to use Laura Mercier translucent powder and NEVER AGAIN will I shell out that much money for a loose powder! This is EVEN BETTER than more expensive brands! I have it in Nude which is really more like a light yellow color than translucent. Love you MUA girls for hooking me up with this great product!

on 8/31/2006 10:38:00 AM

This is a great powder! It instantly mattifies without being heavy, cakey or drying. For me it helps to keep the oilies at bay for at least several hours (which I consider a triumph). When the oil again breaks through during the day, just a light application makes my skin shine free with no build up. It also doesn't accentuate lines or wrinkles. It's best applied with a brush for a smooth and flawless finish. The price is certainly right - $4.99 at Sally's. The packaging is improved - a plastic lid that fits tightly and a sifter inside. My skin is pretty pale, and the translucent works wonderfully. I'm not crazy about the fact that it is scented, but even though my skin is usually irritated by scents, I haven't had any problems with this. A definite re-buy (when it runs out, which could take quite a while).

on 6/9/2006 7:13:00 PM

I thought I would give this a try based on the raves I read on the skincare board and WOW! I absolutely love it! I don't have to worry about the potential effects it may have on destabilizing my sunscreen and my face is oil free ALL day! I bought the translucent (about $5 at Sally's) and it evened out my skin tone and I had no shine for the entire day. I am so thankful that I found this inexpensive powder vs. all of the high end department store brands that don't even come close to this one!

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I love this powder, its really smooth and stays on all day, yet didnt look too matte like most powders and I dont notice me getting all shiny throughtout the day like other powders. I got the powder in 'natural' and its a little darker for me, but I really like it because it gives me a little color, and works perfect when Im tan. I think its 6-7$

on 2/19/2006 6:14:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool

Great powder, does not dry your skin and gives a very nice matte coverage. The containder it comes in is mediocre and the powder can be messy to apply. I use my kabuki brush and i am always pleased with the results. I got it from sally's for under 5dollars.

Addendum:Winter time here in Boston and i had to stop using it as it is now making my skin very dry.
Update:its been a bad winter for my skin and this rice power is now very drying so i have stopped using it. I now use the Bobbi Brown pale yellow and Givenchy Prism.

on 12/15/2005 9:08:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

I have very oily skin and was looking for a finishing powder that would help eliminate shine. This is a pretty good powder. It helps control shine on my face but, not completely. The scent is not terrible and has not irritated my sensitive skin at all. I'm not quite sure if I will repurchase since it will take me a LONG time to finish this up.

on 11/13/2005 6:52:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

What a bargain! This was 4.50 in the UK from the Beauty Naturals website and it was free delivery too! I got it in Translucent because I have PPP skin: Armani #2, NC15. This works just as well as any of the high-end powders I've tried, if not better. There is 17g of powder in the container which is more than you get with Armani (15g). I'm not keen on the old-fashioned perfumey scent but it doesn't irritate my skin so that's OK. It isn't comedogenic either. Will definitely buy this again. UPDATE: This lasted 4 months with everyday use.