Palladio Beauty Rice Powder

Palladio Beauty Rice Powder
Rice PowderRice Powder

3.9

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

I'm not impressed. First of all, this is heavily scented. I could smell this as soon as I removed the protective plastic, BEFORE I even opened the box. Secondly, it is in a box where you simply lift the top off, making it not travel friendly. I would prefer it to come in a jar with a screw top. The powder itself is ok, it serves it's purpose well. It blends nicely and doesn't look chalky. I have found unscented powders just as nice, in better packaging, for about the same amount. I would not repurchase.

on 2/7/2011 12:45:00 PM

I use this product everyday, over foundation, primer and moisturizer. It does a decent job setting my foundation and is dirt cheap. However, my skin is only a bit oily on my nose and chin. I lean towards dry (especially in the winter) so I am constantly moisturizing.

The packaging is a bit annoying, but you just have to learn to keep it in one place and not shake the crap out of it. That bothers me, because it would be nice to keep this in my purse during the day, for touch ups.

To be honest I did not even notice the smell until I read about in a review, and yes, it does kind of remind me of my grandma, but I only notice is for the 1 second that I fluff it on my face. It disappates.

Would I rebuy again, yes.

on 1/6/2011 1:53:00 AM

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

I'm really not one for loose powder, but I quite like this one! It smells just like baby powder, and it blends nicely with no chalky residue. Unlike the previous reviews, it didn't break me out or irritate my skin...I found it was quite gentle and left me matte for quite a while. A definite repurchase!

on 12/5/2010 1:55:00 PM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

This powder, for the price, does a very good job. It sets make-up well, assists in oil control, mattifies, and doesn't settle into my pores. It can look too cakey easily, so use very little on a kabuki brush. Or a sponge to press it on around the eyes and nose.
It's a pretty good touch-up powder since it sets well and doesn't disturb the rest of the make-up. It does have a baby powder scent, but it honestly doesn't last. You're obviously going to smell it if you cram your nose up to it, but once you set a little on your face the smell is gone.
The only thing I dislike about it is the packaging. Because the cap isn't a screw-on, it's very easy to make a mess. This isn't something you can have in your purse unless you put some in a different container.
Other than that, great powder. Does what it says at a great low price.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

Overall, this powder is wonderful -- great at absorbing oil and setting my Palladio Wet-Dry foundation -- but the packaging is frustrating. The box is extremely small and it's hard to get the right amount of product out of the sifter. I end up with either too much or not enough. Still, the product itself is so good that I can overlook the issues with the packaging.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I think that this is probably the best powder I have ever used on my face, I have tried so many different finishing powders and none have ever really been what I was looking for.
I only have to touch up x2 a day with this product, and one of the reasons that it works so well for me is that I can re-apply it without any caking at all. I usually blot at lunchtime and then mid/late afternoon and after nearly 12 hrs my make-up still looked good!

As far as oil control goes, it is reasonable, I have used other powders that have controlled the shine slightly better, but I usually haven't been able to re-powder my face in the way that I can when using this product.

The finish is smooth and creamy, I have NC15 skin and use Translucent, which is great match (and works really well over the wet/dry foundation in Laurel Nude).
The only thing I dislike about this is the smell, which is a strong, talcum powder-y scent.

on 9/5/2010 1:34:00 AM

I love this powder. It's worked better than any others when it comes to my oily and acne-prone skin - it controls the shine and it does not break me out. I don't really notice the smell that other people complain of, but maybe it's because I use a brush instead of the puff type applicator that it comes with. I haven't tried anything other than the transclucent because I am so pale and afraid that the other colors might disappoint me by turning orange-ish or being too dark, but the transclucent blends perfectly anyway!

I have found my new setting powder. I use this with the palladio powder brush and it works really well. It doesn't look cakey and I don't have to blot for at least a few hours, which is amazing considering I have oily skin. I noticed that the color doesn't change either. It does have a smell similar to baby powder but that's minor considering how well the powder works. My only complaint is the packaging; the product can be messy. I normally don't use the manufacturers packaging as I have my own containers I use, however I still am trying to open up the sifter lid to access the powder. I don't want to ruin my nails! I guess I'll have to find a knife or something later. For the price though I think it's a great product!

This spells like baby powder, and I hate that, only tried it once, and regret wasting my $5 on this...i think it broke me out too after that one time using it, epic fail of a product, I don't know what makeup geek was talking about when she said it was so wonderful. I would be willing to give it another try if it didn't wreak like baby powder, this powder nearly makes me gag and I'm really not pleased

I have used this for about 3 weeks and really like it. I have the translucent variety.
Scent- I don't really smell it after it is on; I only really get that "powder" smell if I sniff the box of it.
Packaging- The square container was easy to hold and the sponge puff included fit well when inverting to dispense powder so there weren't dusties fluffing out of the side. BUT the sponge could have used a back-strap to fit over your finger. As soon as I find my own little pouf with a strap I will be switching that out.
Formula- LOVE IT! I use it to set my makeup or to control shine on my t-zone throughout the day. I can tend to get dry patches and this does not settle in or accentuate them.