Palladio Beauty Rice Powder

Rice PowderRice Powder

3.9

on 6/21/2005 10:53:00 PM

Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium

I was very pleased with this. I only wish it were unscented. The box is now made of plastic and it has a lid that snaps on tightly. It has a very fine texture to it and it sets makeup well. It has a good effect on controlling oil. I did not experience any problems with irritation or clogged pores due to it. At only $5, this is a must try. I think the box design is cute.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

I tried this in Translucent. It caked under my eyes and turned the rest of my face (NW15) orange after 2 hours. By definition translucent powders should not add any noticeable color; this one did. Not good. You can buy it at Sally's Beauty Supply, btw.

on 11/12/2004 1:58:00 PM

This powder is a find!! Has very few ingredients and the ones it has are natural-sounding. Finely milled and smooth, it doesn't add or change the color of your foundation (I got translucent). This is just a good, basic, sheet podwer that sets your foundation, finishes your face, and absorbs oilies without looking cakey or fake. Honestly, this is one of the best powders I've tried, and I've tried a lot! Packaging is cheesy, but the product is so good and so reasonably priced that I give it a 5 anyway.

on 6/19/2004 8:53:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I bought this at Sally Beauty Supply. I'm using Warm Beige since I'm bottle tanned. It's probably the best powder I've used. My face looks so oil-free & nice for hours. A great powder at great price. It comes in a .60 oz. square plastic box with holes in top for shaking powder out, and a lid. Puff included.

on 5/15/2004 3:42:00 PM

I use both the dual Palladio wet/dry foundation powder and the Palladio loose rice powder and love them both. I tend to use the wet/dry foundation powder when I need a little more coverage, then I use the loose powder when I want to look less "done up." The loose powder is very light and natural looking, better than any loose powder I've ever used, although Sonia Kashuk's comes close...I first read about these products here at MUA, and it's one of the best recs I've ever gotten. Someone mentioned, though, that the packaging of the loose powder is pretty sucky, and she's right. It's a square cheapy container with a cute pic of a geisha girl on the lid--love the geisha girl, hate the cheap plastic. (The cheap container is what kept me from buying this stuff for years, as I've been seeing it around for some time now)...Just don't let the crappy packaging throw you off, because you'll be missing out on a great product.

I found this at Big Lots for 3 dollars I chose RP-6 natural. This is such a cute square white box with a geisha on the front. I just tore a tiny little hole in the bag of powder so if I dropped it might stay contained since the lid comes off so easily. I just stick my brush inside the hole to use it. This is a great powder. Better than the stay calm jane powder I was using. It didn;t break my oily skin out so I'm pleased.
EDIT: I have another bonus to add. I checked this website of acne safe cosmetics and palladio rice powder is SAFE for acne prone girls! YAY. continued >>

on 11/29/2003 6:10:00 PM

i can't say much that hasn't been said already. so i'll just say this product is fantastic! i tried Natural, since i'm fair. i, too, apply with a big fluffy brush. it's just so great, i can't believe i never tried it before!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I found this gem at Ulta for about $6. It comes in a little clear square box and is in a cake form about 1" high - very generous. I have the powder in Fair - which works perfectly for my PPP skin. It also comes in 3 other darker shades & translucent. The powder is like silk and I am sure is the same as many of the high end powders for 3 times the price - the packaging says it is the secret of makeup artists. It is perfect for setting eyeliner and concealer. Huge RAVE!!!!!!!