MAC Cosmetics Studio Face and Body Foundation

MAC Cosmetics Studio Face and Body Foundation

on 9/10/2017 8:29:00 PM

If you buy the bigger bottle, the product does actually work out to be fairly good value for money. And the bottle is very travel friendly. However, and no matter how I adjust my skincare to compensate - this stuff always gives me closed comodones if I use it for more than a day (a common problem for me with liquid mac products, I think because of the high amount dimethicone?). I own products which I like better anyway, so not worth it for me.
There is little to no oil control, and as someone who has combination/slightly oily skin, I look straight up sweaty after 3 hours max even with powder.
Also, I've heard (and seen) that the product turns this strange, lumpy consistency after a while, making it unusable and you basically just have to throw it away.

The positive things I can say are that it held up surprisingly well in hot weather - I'm guessing because it forms a kind of 'film' on the skin when it sets. Also, the inclusion of a white mixer shade makes it simple to get a shade which matches your skin tone (though you will be dropping basically double the cash, as you'll be buying two bottles of the stuff). It is also very skin-like and natural looking, and not at all hard work blend into the skin. I don't think you could make this look cakey if you tried to be honest.

Basically, you're going to get on with this product if:
- you have pretty good skin to begin with and don't require much coverage
- prefer a dewy finish and don't require much oil control.
- you don't mind a product with is not transfer resistant by any means.
- are not sensitive to mac products/products high in dimethicone
Or you plan to use it as a body foundation (which is what I plan to use it for, being as my facial skin really does not like it.)

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I HAVE FAIR SKIN NOT TOO PALE,AND GOT THIS FOUNDATION IN THE 2 LIGHTEST SHADES,IT WAS WAY TOO DARK AND WAY TOO ORANGE BOTH DID NOT MATCH A NORMAL SKIN COLOR,DOES ANYONE KNOW A FOUNDATION THAT ACTUALLY MATCHES A PERSONS SKIN TONE,WE ARE NOT ORANGE,WE ARE NOT YELLOW,WE ARE NOT PINK,WE ARE BEIGE,LAURA MERCIER HAS GOOD COLORS BUT DOES NOT GO ON SMOOTH.I HAVE TRIED COVERGIRL (ORANGE),RIMMEL,LOREAL,MAC,CLINIQUE,MAKEUP FOREVER,ESTEE LAUDER (TOO YELLOW),KAT VON D,SEPHORA,IVE TRIED ALL FOUNDATION FROM DRUGSTORES,SEPHORA,ULTA,MACYS,ONLINE (RCMA,CINEMA SECRETS),EVERYTHING,ALL WERE ORANGE,YELLOW,WENT ON LIKE PAINT,CHALKY.ANYONE KNOW ANY GOOD FOUNDATION BEIGE IN COLOR,FOR DRY SKIN.
MESSAGE ME ON HERE.

on 8/30/2017 5:17:00 AM

Very light coverage. Luminous finish. Very liquid-y. Water-based but still blends well with ot her foundations (oily based). Definitely needs setting with a powder after applying. I usually like medium to full coverage but I use a drop or to of this to blend with my concealer (if it's a concealer that does not blend that well into the skin) and works fine. Good product. Does not oxidize.

on 8/27/2017 4:00:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

The face I'm working with: 39, dehydrated combo skin, oily and sometimes also flakey t-zone with noticeable pores, still battling some mild hormonal acne, so quite a bit of texture. Most foundations look bad on my skin these days, they are too obvious, they tend to separate and settle in pores. They don't quite stick to my skin even with exfoliation beforehand, a good moisturiser, primer and careful application with a beauty blender.

I prefer a nice texture over complete coverage. Some of my blemishes are going to show through no matter what I do, the texture is always visible, and I have the kind of under-eye darkness that is caused by shadows cast in recesses in the bone structure under my eyes, concealer doesn't really do anything about that either. I often find myself putting on a full face of make-up, covering up spots and shadows, and thinking that my skin looked better, smoother and less textured without it, blemishes, dark cirkles and all.

So I love Face and Body. It applies beautifully and looks remarkably natural. It doesn't seem to add any texture, it doesn't emphasise flakes, dryness and pores. It looks a lot like slightly better skin. In a way I understand the criticism that it doesn't do anything, because it really does meld with the skin. It doesn't really cover spots and dark circles. It does makes my skin look more even without emphasising any of my texture issues, spots less red and irritated, undereye shadows less dramatic. I will happily sacrifice some coverage for a nice finish and less added texture, so I would say that this is a great foundation for people who don't need a lot of coverage, yes, and also for people with texture issues who prioritize a finish that doesn't add or emphasise texture over maximum coverage.

I'm pale with yellow/olive undertones and quite a bit of pink especially around the t-zone. I wear NC20 in Studio Fix powder, and was matched to N1 in Face and Body. It works well, especially in the summer, but it's slightly too dark and orange in the winter. I have ordered a bottle of C1 and plan to mix them, will probably get a bottle of white as well for winter. The finish is quite dewy on me, so I always set it with powder. It's not mattifying in the least, you will have to blot and powder if you don't want to get shiny, but the staying power is pretty great, and it holds up very well texture-wise too.

on 8/25/2017 2:43:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I don't get it. This foundation scores really high. I understand that it's a sheer, light foundation and now know that it might be fine for those with perfect skin who don't need to cover anything.

I have dry, mature skin at 61 with some but minimal discoloration. While this didn't dry out my skin further, it covered nothing. Not redness, not Light freckles - nothing. So I guess I don't see the point. I tried to build it up to medium coverage but that didn't happen. I can't really say anything about staying power cause I took it off and put on medium coverage foundation.

Does it look natural? Totally so - for me the same as before I put it on.

Unfortunately, as it did nothing for me, it's going back.

on 8/14/2017 8:35:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Other, Medium

I like the idea of this foundation more than the actual product. The packaging is great-so much easier than opening up a bottle. I'm NC10-15 and N1 is my best match-C1 is a little too green for me. I do wish this foundation came in more colors-the lightest and darkest color spectrum could be better. I need the F&B in White for an exact match as N1 is still a bit too dark,. I've applied this with my fingers all over my face. You can go back and build up the coverage. Tapping the product between your fingers, or putting some in a petri dish for an hour or two before you use it will increase the coverage. I think it's just a bit too sheer for me, even when built up. I am combination to oily and I always feel like this doesn't dry down, and I end up putting a powder foundation over it for my coverage, and then it looks nothing like the original foundation. I like it better when mixing it with other foundations like Studio Fix Fluid to sheer them out. I would purchase it again, as I feel like it's a staple foundation to have, but I do plan on purchasing the White to see if that makes a difference for me. I do think that if you have drier skin, you will love this foundation as it gives a very healthy, glowing natural look.

This foundation is amazing, especially for makeup artists. It's great for dry skin since it doesnt cling to dry patches at all. It's also amazing for mature skin.
This is extremely buildable - you can apply up to 5 layers of this product to achieve the coverage you want. The best way to apply it, in my experience, is with your fingers. It's very lightweight, and once applied melts into the skin and looks like your skin but better.
I use this in myself and I also use this on clients. I will def repurchase.

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

I like this foundation. It's my go to in the summertime. it's really trial and error when it comes to application. I know people who use brushes or beauty blenders but mine applies best with fingers. My only issue is that it leaks really badly. I cannot travel with it at all.

Within a minute of my putting this on, my skin felt very hot and felt like I was wearing a mask, even though I put on the most sheer application. Within 15 minutes my eyes stung so bad I had to wash this off. I must be allergic to the orange oil. I was hoping it would work because it's so difficult to find a foundation without fragrance. I wore MUFE F&B for the longest time but they changed my color so I'm on the search for another. This is not it.

on 8/1/2017 7:07:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

Well, actually I don't see why this foundation has 4 stars.
I liked MAC pro longwear very much, but this one...
I don't see the reason to use a foundation which doesn't do anything at all. You apply it and everything it does makes the skin shiny and I don't see the difference on my face before applying it and after. Maybe some people like it, but I better prefer to apply a moisturiser rathar than foundation like this that doesn't cover anything, looks and feels greasy.
Package is very nice, beutiful shade range, a smell is also very pleasant as well as the texture. But it just didn't work for me. Maybe someone with dry skin could like it.